How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

On 10/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, surfcaster said:

after being sick and feeling like i was dying for a week finally i am beginning to feel better, also after all the heart tests they finally addressed my original complaint, turns out my shortness of breath issues boil down to allergy triggered asthma, so i am now on meds for that and for the heart palpitations, YAY more drugs, not, but if they work i guess it's ok

I have the same problem plus asthma flares when I exercise & when the weather changes.  My old doctor told me to use the albuterol inhaler (aka rescue inhaler) before I go out to work in the yard, exercise, etc.  Also since I began wearing a mask outside of the house, i haven;t had a severe attack.  

7 hours ago, lindahurt said:

You know Rabbit, sometimes it good to just scream and let out all those raging emotions we sometimes keep balled up inside.

I hope the next day will be a better one for you.

True. Maybe I'll do some karaoke on my own in order to let it out. Or scream into a pillow. I don't want to frighten my roommate haha 😅

I appreciate that. Thank you.

The Atkins diet saved my life for sure but it's very hard to do in today's world.  Carbs are everywhere.  Mom and I both did it together or I probably never would have done it.  What I do now is more like Weight Watchers.  I don't recommend any diet company that sends you their food through the mail.  You'll find better tasting food in the cat bowl.

My Dad's not doing well. He did eat two bites from his old recipe that I made, but that was it. Family feeling exhausted, defeated, and sad.

I'm trying to make myself care about work, which I still need to do tonight. I used to be a morning person but can't make myself get up early anymore. The best part of the day is over as soon as the alarm goes off.

1 hour ago, juno_writes said:

My Dad's not doing well. He did eat two bites from his old recipe that I made, but that was it. Family feeling exhausted, defeated, and sad.

I'm trying to make myself care about work, which I still need to do tonight. I used to be a morning person but can't make myself get up early anymore. The best part of the day is over as soon as the alarm goes off.

My father, now deceased, suffered a lot so my heart goes out to you and your family.  Just being there for him is what matters the most.  Know that he appreciates all that you do even if he doesn't or can't say it.

Hope you are able to muster up enough energy to get something done before the night is over.

Anyone else wake up with a pounding heart from anxiety? My body is seriously out of whack at the moment. I need complete rest. Do we ever get it?

Unlikely. I got mom pestering me as soon as I wake up..Never mind my own twisted thoughts gnawing away at me. 

At least I got some sleep. In short bursts granted, but it was there. 

Edited by Nightjar

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Anyone else wake up with a pounding heart from anxiety? My body is seriously out of whack at the moment. I need complete rest. Do we ever get it?

Unlikely. I got mom pestering me as soon as I wake up..Never mind my own twisted thoughts gnawing away at me. 

sometimes Inderal helps with that...ask your doctor...its a beta blocker used for anxiety..

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Yes, if I go to sleep worrying about something.  I wake-up with that same issue festering in my mind and my heart-beat is off the chain.  If it continues I have to take .05mg of clonazepam to help me settle down.

Back at mom's tonight. It feels like all of the hard work I've done carving a life for myself has counted for nothing. I was too anxious to stay at mine, though I thought about it. I couldn't bear the thought of being sleep disturbed again. 

What can you do? If you're ill,  you're ill I guess. On a positive note I called a counsellor today and she called back.. She does EMDR therapy aswell as counselling which I've heard good things about. I may have to dip into house sale savings to get a couple of those sessions 🤔

I couldn't share anything with mom as usual this evening which is so sad. She knows I'm anxious. Maybe that's enough. That someone knows and is there. 

Hope everyone is having a good evening 🙋‍♀️

10 minutes ago, sober4life said:

It is very hard @Nightjarsufferering like we are and feeling so alone in the world.  The people in my life are either mostly absent or worse I feel like they would use my issues against me in some way.:sniffle1:

Yes, you know I understand exactly what you are talking about there. You know I know.  I know, you know, I know.. Lol

It's easy to forget the depth of people's suffering when you are feeling better.

Universe wanted to remind me 😬 It's hard to know what to say to someone who is suffering hard. I'm sure I've got it wrong many times. But you always seem to get it right sober 🙂

I don't know I think I had another nervous breakdown.  What does that mean?  It means I have to get better before anyone notices how bad I'm doing.  It's all it means.  They can't see me this way.  I hate this life.  Alone doesn't even begin to explain how I feel in the this life.  I wish I was alone.  I would do anything to be free of the people that endlessly hurt me.