How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

9 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Hope you feel better duck.  Any headache that lasts over a day gets real uncomfortable for me too.  I live alone so the three-day shower rule doesn't apply here. 

Bulgakov

Thank you for your support Bulgakov! 

I did well last week.  I went for long walks and showered almost daily.  I also did many chores.  I thought I would do better this week but I fell of a small cliff.  I get these false starts all the time.

Our nightime temperatures are below freezing.  I don't like it. 

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I did that too.  This is a once a year bill.  The only other option was to call and pay by credit card and the woman that answers the phone is awful.  Why do you use them then?  If I only talked to people I get along with I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone.  I wouldn't even be able to talk to myself anymore.

Same here.  Once a year bills take up too much time.  I triple check everything.

15 minutes ago, duck said:

Same here.  Once a year bills take up too much time.  I triple check everything.

Funny how a lot of our group does this 🤔 It seems to me like mental health issues seem to expand into all areas eg. ocd, anxiety, depression, paranoia etc etc... Many of us seem to have a bit of all of it.

I had to do some middle of the night yoga last night to calm down.. Not physical stuff, just breathing exercises.... I don't think I would have gone back to sleep otherwise, there is just too much on my mind... Thankfully,  I got some more sleep and I feel almost human again today 🙌 (weird celebration icon) 😆

1 hour ago, duck said:

Thank you for your support Bulgakov! 

I did well last week.  I went for long walks and showered almost daily.  I also did many chores.  I thought I would do better this week but I fell of a small cliff.  I get these false starts all the time.

Our nightime temperatures are below freezing.  I don't like it. 

I get that one day you're doing great feeling productive the next a crash. Be good to yourself. BTW it's freezing here too and we have had some snow showers. I don't like it either. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I had to do some middle of the night yoga last night to calm down.. Not physical stuff, just breathing exercises.... I don't think I would have gone back to sleep otherwise, there is just too much on my mind... Thankfully,  I got some more sleep and I feel almost human again today 🙌 (weird celebration icon) 😆

That's good, I use mindfulness meditation for anxiety and calming racing thoughts. I didn't know it was part of yoga. And it does help with sleep. Sometimes I use a guided meditation and the voice on the insight app I use is so soothing that I fall asleep before it is over. Glad you got some sleep.

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Funny how a lot of our group does this 🤔 It seems to me like mental health issues seem to expand into all areas eg. ocd, anxiety, depression, paranoia etc etc... Many of us seem to have a bit of all of it.

Yes bipolar, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, ptsd, psychosis it all adds up. It is hard work managing moods with doctors , therapy, self soothing  exercise  medicine etc. I can relate to having a bit of it all

For sleep I tried counting sheep jumping a fence.  I visualize that of course, otherwise I'd just be counting.  Just as I began to nod off, a fracas broke out among them.  All were  huddled one one side of the fence, none jumping.  

Instead they were arguing about who should jump first.  Ewes felt they should leap first.  The rams claimed they had always gone first, and saw no reason to change the order.  Some bleated that the aged should go, then the lambs, then ewes.  There were sheep of color who claimed they had always been forced to jump last, and they were way tired of it.  I don't know where I get thoughts like that, but they don't help me sleep.🤠

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

I got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and actually feel pretty fine now, just a sore arm. My depression has lifted a little, its not so overwhelming anymore but my anxiety is terrible, I can't go out without shaking and feeling so tense and I can't talk to people really anymore. My sleep is pretty sporadic, some nights are good, some i don't sleep much at all but at least I haven't had a terrible nightmare in a few weeks now. I've started therapy again, I think shes ok, I'm trying to be as open and honest about everything, I've never really talked so freely with anyone before but I'm so tired of having these massive walls and not letting anyone in but being so haunted by my past... I still can't imagine a life where I don't feel like this but I guess we shall see.

Edited by Charlee

4 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

For sleep I tried counting sheep jumping a fence.  I visualize that of course, otherwise I'd just be counting.  Just as I began to nod off, a fracas broke out among them.  All were  huddled one one side of the fence, none jumping.  

Instead they were arguing about who should jump first.  Ewes felt they should leap first.  The rams claimed they had always gone first, and saw no reason to change the order.  Some bleated that the aged should go, then the lambs, then ewes.  There were sheep of color who claimed they had always been forced to jump last, and they were way tired of it.  I don't know where I get thoughts like that, but they don't help me sleep.🤠

Bulgakov

haha Ive had similar experiences when I've tried counting sheep before when trying to sleep, my visualizations get to animated and end up keeping me awake

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

I did that too.  This is a once a year bill.  The only other option was to call and pay by credit card and the woman that answers the phone is awful.  Why do you use them then?  If I only talked to people I get along with I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone.  I wouldn't even be able to talk to myself anymore.

Yeah and the phone's hard too.

Both of our remote car starters stopped working a month ago.  After spending hours and hours online watching videos and reading manuals I was able to reprogram one car.   There seems to be a hardware issue with the second car.  We need it because our winters are brutal. 

I managed a short walk this evening.  I would have liked to walk more but it is midnight here and windy and cold.

2 minutes ago, Evergreenforst4 said:

Single momma broke my heart so I am now dating a wonderful accountant lol she agreed to be my girlfriend after only 2 dates, bowling/arcade 1st date and then we had dinner and watched Shang-Chi 2nd one.

Lol don't know how long this one will last but I might as well enjoy the rollercoaster

Sounds good 😀

Feeling hopeless. My city has been in strict lockdown for 9 weeks now and the covid cases just seem to be increasing. Im so over it. Im tried of the government trying to reassure us that "were doing the hard work for the country" "team of 5 million" blah blah blah ugh. Its just never ending. I can't go home, I cant do anything I'm trapped. Are people not sticking to the restrictions or is delta just smarter than a lockdown? Do lockdowns even work? Im now double vaccinated because I hoped it would give me a pass to travel but noo. I feel like saying f*uck the governemnt and not trusting them anymore. But I dont think any other politicians would be doing any better. Its so bs I dont know what to think anymore.

It is all bs.  It's about power and control at this point.  There has never been any evidence anything they've done so far has worked.  They tried a lockdown here in Ohio and it lasted about a weekend.  For the most part people here have said we're living our lives however we want.  The only reason you would ever know there has been a pandemic around here is because they tell you.  Nothing has changed here really the whole time.

We are also in lockdown again.   I am sick of this.  Lockdown does not help.  Cases are rising daily.    I am fed up being at home in a cave.  This is like being in prison! Vaccinated people are dying.   

6 hours ago, duck said:

We are also in lockdown again.   I am sick of this.  Lockdown does not help.  Cases are rising daily.    I am fed up being at home in a cave.  This is like being in prison! Vaccinated people are dying.   

its so ****ing exhausting

11 hours ago, Charlee said:

Feeling hopeless. My city has been in strict lockdown for 9 weeks now and the covid cases just seem to be increasing. Im so over it.

I feel you. It's a massive extra stressor for everyone on top of everything else. Isolation is a crappy place to be when it's going on aswell. 

I've been ignoring the news in the uk for a while now and I couldn't tell you what the numbers are. I can't deal with the stress. 

Access to facilities is pretty tough but we're all just muddling through best we can. I'm proud of us all for keeping calm and carrying on (mostly). 

It's nice to hear from you Charlie. I'm guessing you decided against the hospital option for now?