How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I managed a shower today then I went to the mall and have coffee with my retired friends.    It was okay. Then I went to the band and pharmacy to pick up my medications. I tried to buy gas but my credit card did not work so I called the company.  They said my card is okay so it’s probably the gas station machine. 

I am sleepy again.  

8 hours ago, Epictetus said:

I was thinking of getting LANAP laser dental surgery.  It is so expensive but I don't know if I can handle a seven day liquid diet that is required after the surgery.  I have certain medical conditions and a seven day totally liquid diet wouldn't be that good for me.  Anything dental pretty much puts me in a panic and demoralizes me.  - sigh -

Hugs to all of you out there.

You are in good company.  I don't like going to the dentist either.  I will be seeing an oral surgeon for the extraction of all four of my wisdom teeth.  

Things have changed a lot even from when I was a kid.  When I was a kid you went to your dentist or to your doctor and that person did it all.  Now all they are is the person that tells us we can go to other people.  What a scam.

Not a great day. More anxious than usual today and still feeling the after effects of a migraine episode.  For several days now, a minor thing related to work (something my boss kind of dropped the ball on) has been bugging me and I can’t let it go. I took care of what I needed to but the way it was handled from the start is my issue. In the grand scheme of things, it really is a minor thing but I continue to dwell on it and it is no doubt contributing to my anxiety spike. Frustrating!

1 hour ago, Epictetus said:

Feeling a bit frustrated.  My family expects me to make perfect medical decisions about my health but they don't have a history of making of great medical decisions for themselves. 

Family have been the same way with me.  The hardest part about these times is people trying to tell us what to do and control us.  As if we need that on top of everything else.  The perfect medical decision for you is whatever you want it to be.  It's your life and your decision not theirs.

Difficult day. Got a letter from my sister-in-law that was hard to deal with. We've had problems over the past year. She lives abroad and before the pandemic, she had a bunch of stuff delivered from Amazon and other online stores to my house, for me to bring to her when I traveled. But then travel stopped. I packed up and shipped what I could (books and clothes), but some of the items were not allowed to be shipped (cosmetics, liquids, anything containing alcohol). It's been a source of contention since. I know I made a commitment to get these things to her, but that was before pandemic, travel restrictions, and a war in her region (of the middle east) that has all made it very unlikely that I'm going to travel to see her. I just want forgiveness for promising something that now I can't deliver. 

I had been on the couch since Tuesday evening.  I just sat there and slept.  Finally showered and brushed my teeth.   I seem to fall into this trap from time to time.  

8 hours ago, thistoowillpass said:

Difficult day. Got a letter from my sister-in-law that was hard to deal with. We've had problems over the past year. She lives abroad and before the pandemic, she had a bunch of stuff delivered from Amazon and other online stores to my house, for me to bring to her when I traveled. But then travel stopped. I packed up and shipped what I could (books and clothes), but some of the items were not allowed to be shipped (cosmetics, liquids, anything containing alcohol). It's been a source of contention since. I know I made a commitment to get these things to her, but that was before pandemic, travel restrictions, and a war in her region (of the middle east) that has all made it very unlikely that I'm going to travel to see her. I just want forgiveness for promising something that now I can't deliver. 

She needs to understand you are following the law.  You cannot ship everything she wants.   

8 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

sorry guys i was out, i tried to harm myself...hope everyone is doing well...i will write back soon when i feel better

Oh no, so sorry to hear that.... I hope you begin to feel better soon :hugs:

19 minutes ago, duck said:

I had been on the couch since Tuesday evening.  I just sat there and slept.  Finally showered and brushed my teeth.   I seem to fall into this trap from time to time.  

Yeah, I think it's ok to have periods like that from time to time. We all need downtime 👌 especially we who struggle with depression. 

6 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

sorry guys i was out, i tried to harm myself...hope everyone is doing well...i will write back soon when i feel better

Sorry to read that ! Glad you are still with us though ! Get better and feel better soon 🌻

11 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

So happy to hear from you.  We were worried about you.  🌺☘️

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Oh no, so sorry to hear that.... I hope you begin to feel better soon :hugs:

I think I need a new brain. One that likes sports 😀

not good, sad, deflated, scared, anxious, alone.

a community mental health worker has reached out to me but I didnt answer because I dont feel like talking, even though I know I need so much help. I dont know how to accept help. I cant do it. I cant do this life.

Sorry to hear @ladysmurf I hope youre ok now

I'll never tell anyone I'm afraid but I am afraid.  I never imagined I would have to go through a time like this.  It would be different if I had any faith at all in the leaders but every day feels like waking up on a plane and the pilots come over the load speaker and say woohoo we're drunk!

3 hours ago, Charlee said:

a community mental health worker has reached out to me but I didnt answer because I dont feel like talking, even though I know I need so much help. I dont know how to accept help. I cant do it. I cant do this life.

Just now, duck said:
3 hours ago, Charlee said:

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time.   I hope you feel a bit better soon.  Hugs.