How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

11 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm back at 'my' house. It is so lonely without mini lion and I feel almost frightened to be here after everything that's happened. Anyway, fingers crossed I get a decent amount of sleep tonight. Not sure if that's gonna happen but I'm here and I'll try 😬

Good morning Nifhtjar!    I hope you had good sleep.   I am guessing ‘mini lion ‘ was your noisy neighbour?   Is she/he gone ?

6 hours ago, Charlee said:

I got given lorazepam again thankfully 😮💨 I’m at a very low point again, I know it’s not smart to abuse benzos and I haven’t been given enough to do that, but right now I wish they could take me away in the floaty heaven they provide 

Sorry to hear you are feeling awful.   My doctor started me on Clonazepam again.  (Rivotril). I rarely take it because it makes me sleepy.  

aw ive never taken clonazepam, do you take it at night? Would it help the anxiety the following day? Lorazepam just relaxes my whole body and mind and I dont feel so anxious, I had a pretty good day today in the end, I even ate in dinner with my flatmates and chatted and I never do that. Why can this drug not be apart of my regular cocktail 😞

Edited by Charlee

2 hours ago, Charlee said:

aw ive never taken clonazepam, do you take it at night? Would it help the anxiety the following day? Lorazepam just relaxes my whole body and mind and I dont feel so anxious, I had a pretty good day today in the end, I even ate in dinner with my flatmates and chatted and I never do that. Why can this drug not be apart of my regular cocktail 😞

Yes I take it at night.    Many years ago I was on it daily but my doctors have reduced my dosage.    

4 hours ago, duck said:

Good morning Nifhtjar!    I hope you had good sleep.   I am guessing ‘mini lion ‘ was your noisy neighbour?   Is she/he gone ?

Morning duck! I slept ok thankfully, but my neighbours weren't on their early shift this morning 😬 Mini lion was my furbaby who got very ill this year and is no longer with me 😢 I loved her very much. 

How are you doing today? 

14 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Good morning Nightjar and Duck.❤️I wish I wasn't the weirdo that woke up for an early shift even if I don't have to work.  I've been awake since what 4:30?😒

Oh no! I hope that it's not an ongoing thing and that you feel ok today :hugs:It feels like crap when you can't get enough sleep 🙁

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Oh no! I hope that it's not an ongoing thing and that you feel ok today :hugs:It feels like crap when you can't get enough sleep 🙁

I layed back down for a nap.  What woke me up?  A nail on my big toe was sharp and cut a big hole in the fitted sheet when I was sleeping so my leg was sticking through the hole of the sheet.🙄

7 hours ago, sober4life said:

Good morning Nightjar and Duck.❤️I wish I wasn't the weirdo that woke up for an early shift even if I don't have to work.  I've been awake since what 4:30?😒

I’m that weirdo cuz I work the early shift at 4am but I went in to work.

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I layed back down for a nap.  What woke me up?  A nail on my big toe was sharp and cut a big hole in the fitted sheet when I was sleeping so my leg was sticking through the hole of the sheet.🙄

Ha! I couldn't help but laugh at that one. Well, at least it's easily managed.... Get snipping and sweet dreams for you! 😉

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

I layed back down for a nap.  What woke me up?  A nail on my big toe was sharp and cut a big hole in the fitted sheet when I was sleeping so my leg was sticking through the hole of the sheet.

Freddy Krueger had hold of that leg, and was trying to drag you into his world.  Lucky you woke up!🤠

Edited by Bulgakov

On 8/30/2021 at 8:20 PM, Depressedgurl007 said:

Everyone who has the strength to pull away from the cravings and addictions are amazing people. I’m one of those who cant 🥲

I pulled away for a long time -- never came close to perfection, since cravings do transfer from one thing to the next, but they generally became less dangerous things.

Until lately. This summer has been so bad that I texted a suicide hotline for the first time. They asked about self-care, and the only two things that came to mind were ones that others would consider addictive / unhealthy. They honestly felt like my least bad options, like pressure valves that prevented something worse. I'm not proud of it, it's just how things are right now.

Edited by juno_writes

49 minutes ago, juno_writes said:

I pulled away for a long time -- never came close to perfection, since cravings do transfer from one thing to the next, but they generally became less dangerous things.

Until lately. This summer has been so bad that I texted a suicide hotline for the first time. They asked about self-care, and the only two things that came to mind were ones that others would consider addictive / unhealthy. They honestly felt like my least bad options, like pressure valves that prevented something worse. I'm not proud of it, it's just how things are right now.

I get it, we all have those not so great ways of coping, but whatever works at the moment to keep us from doing something worse

Good morning Nightjar!  It’s 3 am my time.   I just clipped my toe nails.  They were long.  I barely have motivation to do things.   I did laundry as well.   I slept from 4pm to 9 pm last evening.  I wish I had more energy to do things.   How are you this Monday morning?

5 hours ago, duck said:

Good morning Nightjar!  It’s 3 am my time.   I just clipped my toe nails.  They were long.  I barely have motivation to do things.   I did laundry as well.   I slept from 4pm to 9 pm last evening.  I wish I had more energy to do things.   How are you this Monday morning?

Good morning duck!  I know what you mean about the motivation. It sucks.. I struggle with that in winter time especially like sober says. I haven't been too bad with motivation at the moment. The house and I are doing pretty well..... Lonely though 😞 Wish you would all come and visit already 😊