How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

Anhedonic. I simply cannot work up any motivation to do anything. Stuff I used to be excited about doesn't even interest me now. There's a huge antique farm equipment show over the weekend near here. It's an annual event that wasn't held last year because of the so-called "pandemic." I used to get excited about attending but this year...meh. I doubt I'll go, because "why bother?"

8 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I simply cannot work up any motivation to do anything. Stuff I used to be excited about doesn't even interest me now

I understand when I am in depression mode there isn't anything that interest me. I like to play my guitar and write songs, but I haven't had an interest in that for several months. So I understand your predicament.

23 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I fear it's not meant to end.

We're in a real life horror story.  If it's not this it will be something else.  They've seen that they can have total control over us.  Why would they give that up?  If they decide to make us all wear chicken suits tomorrow we'll all complain but for the most part people will wear them and probably call 911 and report the ones that don't wear it.

8 minutes ago, sober4life said:

We're in a real life horror story.  If it's not this it will be something else.  They've seen that they can have total control over us.  Why would they give that up?  If they decide to make us all wear chicken suits tomorrow we'll all complain but for the most part people will wear them and probably call 911 and report the ones that don't wear it.

:Coopclapping:100% CORRECT.

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

I fear it's not meant to end.

I think you are correct!   First vaccines were voluntary now we are forced to get vaccinated.  

My city is forcing us to wear masks again starting today!   

1 hour ago, Bbqdad said:

I understand when I am in depression mode there isn't anything that interest me. I like to play my guitar and write songs, but I haven't had an interest in that for several months. So I understand your predicament.

Same with me.   I lose interest in most things.  

On 9/1/2021 at 6:59 AM, Civil said:

Feeling hopeless again, need to make changes in my life but its difficult to muster up any motivation. Therapy has just hit a roadblock after making such great progress. 

I hate me.

So sorry to hear.    Many of us are in the same boat.   

For a change, I feel good, not just okay as usual but good. Feeling good is not going to last but the times I spend with my niece I come home feeling good.  She makes sure that we go to lunch (her treat) & then we hit the thrift shops or craft stores at least every 2 weeks.  She & her fiancée gave me money to buy a new water heater.  I will greatly miss her when she leaves in 10 days to move to where he lives.  She makes sure that I do not isolate myself.

52 minutes ago, duck said:

Same with me.   I lose interest in most things.  

Same, I don’t feel the joy i once did in the hobby’s used to enjoy so I don’t do them anymore, because like JD said.. what’s the point 

Took a personal leave from work and thinking of never going back. I hate that job. I fool myself into thinking I can be the type of person that can work any meaningless labor job as long as it helps me and my family get by but I was wrong. I can’t handle that. So now I’m feeling a mixture of relief and stress being always from that hell hole. I just spend most day taking walks through the parks in the day and watching the sopranos at night. I have 3 weeks to figure my life out 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

8 hours ago, Charlee said:

I feel depressed and sad today, no energy to get out of bed, I’ll probably spend all weekend in bed, oh well 

Energy is hard to find.  These days I am so exhausted I struggle to get out of bed.  After a couple of hours I am exhausted again and I have to sleep.  :sadwalk:

----------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, June322 said:

Took a personal leave from work and thinking of never going back. I hate that job. I fool myself into thinking I can be the type of person that can work any meaningless labor job as long as it helps me and my family get by but I was wrong. I can’t handle that. So now I’m feeling a mixture of relief and stress being always from that hell hole. I just spend most day taking walks through the parks in the day and watching the sopranos at night. I have 3 weeks to figure my life out 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I had to quit my job.  I never went back.  It was too stress-full.   I have been on long term disability since then.  

2 minutes ago, Civil said:

I'm the bad guy. I have been beaten, bullied and belittled to the point where I act as though everyone is against me, even if they're not.

I hate me.

Don't let others tell you how to feel.   I used to hate myself for decades then one day I realized I am not the problem.  The people who bullied us are the problem.

I'm back at 'my' house. It is so lonely without mini lion and I feel almost frightened to be here after everything that's happened. Anyway, fingers crossed I get a decent amount of sleep tonight. Not sure if that's gonna happen but I'm here and I'll try 😬

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I fully believe I've done the best I could have done up to this point.  I know mom would be proud of me.  In 3 days I will be sober for 4 years.

That’s huge sober congratulations 👏 she would of been, we are proud of you too 😊

I got given lorazepam again thankfully 😮💨 I’m at a very low point again, I know it’s not smart to abuse benzos and I haven’t been given enough to do that, but right now I wish they could take me away in the floaty heaven they provide 

I stopped caring for my plants cuz they were making me feel to overwhelmed, so some of them died. But I think I’ve been able to rescues two of them and I’ve repotted them so hopefully they’ll make a come back. Hopefully my mental health will make a come back too