How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

14 minutes ago, duck said:

I miss all of you.   Lots have happened since my last post.  I had to move to a hotel because of my sisters abusive behaviours.    I don’t have my computer with me.  I am using my phone to write this.   Life has been tough.  I am having more nightmares and exhaustion.   I did not get out of bed all day Saturday.  I did not have a shower since last Wednesday!   I hope I get the energy to get going again.   

Hey duck, we missed you :hugs:I'm sorry to hear that you are having nightmares and exhaustion. Will you be looking for a new place from your hotel? 

Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing ok today. I'm sick of moaning so I won't. lol.

I don't know how long it's gonna be till I feel better. I'm on day 13 no cokes and it's been two months without mini lion. I must have been feeling ok before I gave up coke otherwise I wouldn't have tried. Quitting is having a big impact on me. I thought about going back to it last night but I guess I'm sticking with quitting 😔

I don't know why I put myself under so much pressure to quit things. Who does that when they're going through big changes? I do I guess 🤷‍♀️

@BbqdadHow are you doing with your switch to coffee? Were you drinking a lot of coke before you stopped? 🤔

Edited by Nightjar

On 8/21/2021 at 1:56 AM, cherryapplez2020 said:

any one see the point just wondering 

For me, the point of life is in the learning....Learning the important things to focus on, growing stronger through the ups and downs and gaining wisdom.... Hopefully to then pass on the wisdom ❤️

My favourite teacher calls this 'earth school' which I love. 

1 hour ago, duck said:

I miss all of you.   Lots have happened since my last post.  I had to move to a hotel because of my sisters abusive behaviours.    I don’t have my computer with me.  I am using my phone to write this.   Life has been tough.  I am having more nightmares and exhaustion.   I did not get out of bed all day Saturday.  I did not have a shower since last Wednesday!   I hope I get the energy to get going again.   

Duck!  I'm so sorry you're having a hard time with family, but glad for you that you left the house, even if it turns out to be short-term.  You're a survivor, Duck.  You ALWAYS take steps to care for yourself.  If you go to youtube, you'll not only find some calming music for meditation, but guided meditations as well.  Maybe they can help you sleep.

Hang in there, my friend.  I've missed you, too.

WOTL

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing ok today. I'm sick of moaning so I won't. lol.

I don't know how long it's gonna be till I feel better. I'm on day 13 no cokes and it's been two months without mini lion. I must have been feeling ok before I gave up coke otherwise I wouldn't have tried. Quitting is having a big impact on me. I thought about going back to it last night but I guess I'm sticking with quitting 😔

I don't know why I put myself under so much pressure to quit things. Who does that when they're going through big changes? I do I guess 🤷‍♀️

It's how I always do it too.  I think in times when we feel like things are out of control we do something like you with quitting coke to feel like we can be in control of something.

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

For me, the point of life is in the learning....Learning the important things to focus on, growing stronger through the ups and downs and gaining wisdom.... Hopefully to then pass on the wisdom ❤️

My favourite teacher calls this 'earth school' which I love. 

That’s good thanks

Having a bad night after a month long streak of good ones. I feel overwhelmed and out of control, like the whole world is going to end tomorrow and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

9 minutes ago, Civil said:

Having a bad night after a month long streak of good ones. I feel overwhelmed and out of control, like the whole world is going to end tomorrow and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Am sorry your feeling like this but it won’t last forever 

saying that I been in that spot for awhile and am starting not believe it

On 8/17/2021 at 8:56 PM, sober4life said:

Having the virus brought out the chronic pain for me.  It feels like arthritis or fibromyalgia.  I have some hope thinking it is long haul symptoms that will eventually go away.  It has to be that.  If this is permanent I'm in serious trouble!

A lot of people have been making comparisons to long haul COVID and Fibromyalgia.  There is a hypothesis that a virus might trigger Fibromyalgia and long-haul COVID-19 patients are experiencing something very similar. I am experiencing it and I hate it. I feel so exhausted. It does mirror Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I feel so exhausted now and I really wish I didn't have to work.

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

@BbqdadHow are you doing with your switch to coffee? Were you drinking a lot of coke before you stopped? 🤔

I was drinking 4 liters per day.have a headache most of the day not drinking but 2cups coffee. 

1 hour ago, Ixeua said:

A lot of people have been making comparisons to long haul COVID and Fibromyalgia.  There is a hypothesis that a virus might trigger Fibromyalgia and long-haul COVID-19 patients are experiencing something very similar. I am experiencing it and I hate it. I feel so exhausted. It does mirror Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I feel so exhausted now and I really wish I didn't have to work.

I was actually thinking about what you said before when I took my walk today.  I do have the chronic fatigue as well.  I always feel run down but I just keep drinking coffee.  I certainly have chronic fatigue and pain.  Mom had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue is actually part of it.  So we both might have fibromyalgia.

Going to my niece’s birthday party today and fully expecting it will spike my anxiety. Already a bit nervous in anticipation of it. There are going to be people there who are non.stop. talkers and last time around them, it got me anxious. Plus the topic of discussion (usually every single detail of vacations) is never one I am interested in or partake in. This is kind of out there and random but never being a Disney person myself, I have always been annoyed and uninterested in endless Disney talk.

11 minutes ago, monicott17 said:

Going to my niece’s birthday party today and fully expecting it will spike my anxiety. Already a bit nervous in anticipation of it. There are going to be people there who are non.stop. talkers and last time around them, it got me anxious. Plus the topic of discussion (usually every single detail of vacations) is never one I am interested in or partake in. This is kind of out there and random but never being a Disney person myself, I have always been annoyed and uninterested in endless Disney talk.

I know how you feel.  I have a family reunion today.  They'll get into politics after about 10 or 15 minutes and they'll all be yelling and screaming about it.  Sounds like fun.😒

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I know how you feel.  I have a family reunion today.  They'll get into politics after about 10 or 15 minutes and they'll all be yelling and screaming about it.  Sounds like fun.😒

I strongly dislike politics. I don't care really as long as we have someone in charge of where we live in our country trying to fix it for the better and the people being more happier and getting there needs met. However where I reside I don't watch the news unless I hear it from my family something major if I need to know. I rather not know what's going on and even around the world unless its very important to need to know. My anxiety goes up badly and I used to get angry and be negative when talking about it / watching news.

I've changed these last 5 years to focus on myself, family,  working with my help team, being with all my pets excluding my cat who's my best friend, companion and therapy animal. I don't have a social life at this time and if I meet some awesome and if not oh well there loss.

Feel really flat, listless. Life feels pretty pointless when I feel like this. I'm not enjoying food or company today. Ugh. Tempted to get some you know whats. I think I gotta at least hold out for another week. I've been through the wringer for this s*it. 

10 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Been up all night 😑

I had some sleepless nights related to my bipolar mania. thoughts won't stop racing through my head, positive ones but still distracting from sleep. I have a phone app that plays different meditation scripts of teachers of yoga and meditation. I have a friend that teaches yoga for mental health. in any case back to the question. I couldn't sleep so i played a meditation tape (20 minutes), deep breathing, etc. and I was able to relax enough to fall asleep.

What are your reasons for being up all night?

2 hours ago, Bbqdad said:

I had some sleepless nights related to my bipolar mania. thoughts won't stop racing through my head, positive ones but still distracting from sleep. I have a phone app that plays different meditation scripts of teachers of yoga and meditation. I have a friend that teaches yoga for mental health. in any case back to the question. I couldn't sleep so i played a meditation tape (20 minutes), deep breathing, etc. and I was able to relax enough to fall asleep.

What are your reasons for being up all night?

I was asleep most of the day yesterday and caffeine 

The one that had the pet cow now has a pet fox.  I was afraid that one day I would get chronic pain like mom and I wonder what I would do about it.  There really isn't anything I can do because I sure can't take pain pills.  I doubt I'll even tell anyone about the pain.  It's sad but yes I feel like my life is a life where I will have to hide the fact that I'm in pain from the people around me.

23 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hey duck, we missed you :hugs:I'm sorry to hear that you are having nightmares and exhaustion. Will you be looking for a new place from your hotel? 

Yeah! That’s the plan!   I am tired of being treated like a fourth class citizen!  Thanks for your support! 😀

22 hours ago, womanofthelight said:

Duck!  I'm so sorry you're having a hard time with family, but glad for you that you left the house, even if it turns out to be short-term.  You're a survivor, Duck.  You ALWAYS take steps to care for yourself.  If you go to youtube, you'll not only find some calming music for meditation, but guided meditations as well.  Maybe they can help you sleep.

Hang in there, my friend.  I've missed you, too.

WOTL

Thank you WOTL!   I hope you are doing okay   I am always worried about tornadoes in your state    

I hate life.  I can barely use my hands enough to type.  This becomes me saying my hand barely works today so I have to fight through the pain to write out bills because maybe my hand won't work at all tomorrow.

I woke up feeling, confident, content, optimistic and lastly motivated.  *starts reading my book while next to my cat* 📚 :cat_jumps: ❤

[ I'm very  sorry to see some of you are struggling, I hope things get better for you all soon. *sending good vibes to everyone* ] :flowers: