How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

2 hours ago, watalife said:

I feel like work is the worst thing on earth. You would think bad health would be the worst thing to deal with NOPE it's work!

I agree. And when you have bad health to deal with while working, you wind up in a special corner of hell. I was there until recently...I still have bad health but I'm not working. I'll have to resume working again soon or I will be on the street.

19 hours ago, crewneck said:

I live in Canada so the weather is pretty different. It's interesting to hear about the differences we face when it comes to the weather. We barely have a summer. It's here for 2 months out of the year and then its just cold all year round. Also I have never heard of a swamp cooler before. I had to look that up.

I think I belong in some place like Inuvik, NWT. I despise summer. Heat and humidity quite literally make me sick. This summer has been horrendous. My utility bill doubles in summer because the AC is on all the time. I rarely use the heat in winter, eve if it is -20 outside. I get along fine in the cold.

36 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I just got a tornado warning on my phone.  One actually touched down a few miles from here.

There were actually 2 tornadoes close to here.  Crazy stuff for sure but so far it doesn't look like it's going to hit here.

Feeling a bit better again. Went for a run. Still can't let myself rest at all... lots to do today.
Rehab group meeting, and... whatcha know: painting therapy lol...
I'm a bit sad that my friend won't come to those...

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yeah the scariest thing is rest or maybe even worse is a day where there's nothing to do at all.  What will my mind make me do this time to avoid myself?

On days where there is nothing to do my depression gets to me the most. I feel so bored and unproductive. There is too much time to think about how much of a failure I am.

I've been feeling uneasy. I wake up with horrible morning anxiety. Literally the moment I wake up my heart is racing like crazy. I don't know why. I've been having a hard time lately so I guess that suffering is showing up in this form. I guess I'm going through an anxiety attack...not fun. I question if meds are the way to go. I'm tired of feeling held back from life. They tell you to go at your own pace but 10 years goes by in the blink of an eye. How has it been a decade already? I've barely achieved within this time. 

5 hours ago, crewneck said:

I've been feeling uneasy. I wake up with horrible morning anxiety. Literally the moment I wake up my heart is racing like crazy. I don't know why. I've been having a hard time lately so I guess that suffering is showing up in this form. I guess I'm going through an anxiety attack...not fun. I question if meds are the way to go. I'm tired of feeling held back from life. They tell you to go at your own pace but 10 years goes by in the blink of an eye. How has it been a decade already? I've barely achieved within this time. 

Yes, I'm experiencing the same at the moment and I wonder about medication too.. I've avoided it for 20 years because it made a bad situation a whole lot worse for me when I took it the first time. 😬 It's not true for everyone but it definitely was for me 😬

I do my best to manage it with exercise and meditation. Its does help. If I can get myself out for a walk or onto the yoga mat, then chances are, I will feel better.... Not healed forever, but better. 

Wishing you some peace ✌️

23 hours ago, Another Statistic said:

My cousin worked as a helicopter pilot in Inuvik. He loved it there. Two downsides though: 1) the long days (sunrise today = 4:49am, sunset = 1:14am), and 2) the mosquitos are only marginally smaller than Toyota Corollas. 😄

When you move make sure to stop by for a coffee!

Will do.

The largest mosquitoes I've ever seen were in Denali Park, Alaska. Definitely Corolla-sized there too. Some of the most beautiful scenery on earth completely wrecked by parasitic insects. Sounds like a metaphor for politicians, hey?

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Will do.

The largest mosquitoes I've ever seen were in Denali Park, Alaska. Definitely Corolla-sized there too. Some of the most beautiful scenery on earth completely wrecked by parasitic insects. Sounds like a metaphor for politicians, hey?

Hey politicians are our friends they're trying to help us.🤣I've been watching a show on Neflix on how to become a tyrant and I see that most of the things they talk about are happening right here.  The only difference is a bunch of different people are doing the evil work instead of one.  

i actually feel like to listen to sad music chill take a cup of tea and and i hope that i can buy pack of cigartes too to smoke plus rain at night

feels like listen to song which is named  "agar tum sath ho"

its just deep feelings

Edited by DragonBallZ1995

I felt shitty. I plucked up the courage to call someone and they came and helped. And I'm in tears that somebody ACTUALLY CAME AND HELPED.

I feel a bit shaken, but ok now.

Edited by APFSDS

24 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I'm thinking about how to fall away from this sick and destructive society as much as possible. Being a slave to banks doesn't seem natural or right.

I think I will at some point disappear into the homeless community.  It's the only way you can really go off the grid.  Here my car and my house and my land the government is just letting me borrow it for a while until they want it back.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:07 AM, Nightjar said:

Yes, I'm experiencing the same at the moment and I wonder about medication too.. I've avoided it for 20 years because it made a bad situation a whole lot worse for me when I took it the first time. 😬 It's not true for everyone but it definitely was for me 😬

I do my best to manage it with exercise and meditation. Its does help. If I can get myself out for a walk or onto the yoga mat, then chances are, I will feel better.... Not healed forever, but better. 

Wishing you some peace ✌️

If you don't mind me asking how did it make your situation worse when you took it the first time? 

Exercise has always been at the top of my list for things In want to do to help manage my depression. I've always had thoughts of wanting to work out but I have the worst gym anxiety ever. I'm scared of making a fool out of myself because I don't know what I'm doing.

I wish you good luck on your anxiety/depression journey. It's definitely not easy. 

Life sucks!

I finally made an appointment with a new primary care doctor in 2 weeks, so I'm on anxiety overload.

I had a call earlier tonight from my aunt in Iowa, my uncle passed away this past monday.  That news made me recall the deaths of my parents since this uncle was the last of my dad's brothers & sisters. Which lead to me thinking of my mom's sister being the last of her family alive.  There are a lot of cousins out there that I never see & in my dad's family I have never met

So my aunt asked me to let my brothers know about my uncle's passing, which meant that I would have to talk to the self-centered smart a **es  One said if i decide to send flowers to put his name on it too & the other one said 'ok' & hung up.

So now I can't sleep, with the anxious & depressive thoughts that have taken control of my brain.  

13 hours ago, APFSDS said:

I felt shitty. I plucked up the courage to call someone and they came and helped. And I'm in tears that somebody ACTUALLY CAME AND HELPED.

I feel a bit shaken, but ok now.

Happy to hear you are feeling better!

2 hours ago, nojoy said:

Life sucks!

I finally made an appointment with a new primary care doctor in 2 weeks, so I'm on anxiety overload.

I had a call earlier tonight from my aunt in Iowa, my uncle passed away this past monday.  That news made me recall the deaths of my parents since this uncle was the last of my dad's brothers & sisters. Which lead to me thinking of my mom's sister being the last of her family alive.  There are a lot of cousins out there that I never see & in my dad's family I have never met

So my aunt asked me to let my brothers know about my uncle's passing, which meant that I would have to talk to the self-centered smart a **es  One said if i decide to send flowers to put his name on it too & the other one said 'ok' & hung up.

So now I can't sleep, with the anxious & depressive thoughts that have taken control of my brain.  

I have been there.  It sucks!   I hope you can get some sleep.

6 hours ago, crewneck said:

If you don't mind me asking how did it make your situation worse when you took it the first time? 

I had a reaction to antidepressants and it made my symptoms a lot worse. Some of us don't respond well. I don't know the percentage of people who are like that but it happened to me. It's the luck of the draw I guess 🤷‍♀️ Lots of people have a positive experience. I wish you luck if you decide to try them 🍀 I haven't absolutely ruled out trying again with them but I'm very avoidant. 

5 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

My mum keeps opening my room door to check on me and I just say ok and she close it back. I feel I disappointed her so much. I guess she doesn’t want me to mope around in my room forever. Idk. Brain, please just shut up. 

Oh wow, did you leave you M. I. L's house for good? 

Do you feel any relief from being out of that situation?