Lindsay

How do You Feel Right Now? #12

13 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

don't label them all as bad sober. I've met some good ones , and I've met some really bad ones who only care for money....

I'm not labeling them all as bad.  If you watch tv even Dr Oz is helping out with the virus.  He stepped up to volunteer.  Oh wait he's doing that to improve ratings for his show.

1 minute ago, sober4life said:

I'm not labeling them all as bad.  If you watch tv even Dr Oz is helping out with the virus.  He stepped up to volunteer.  Oh wait he's doing that to improve ratings for his show.

i won't argue with you..your entitled to your opinion, so i respect that...but there's good and bad in every occupation , don't forget that....

Well, to be honest with you we can all do a little better in the category of reaching out

and speaking a word of encouragement to one another because if you do not hear it

here you might not get one today

2 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

i won't argue with you..your entitled to your opinion, so i respect that...but there's good and bad in every occupation , don't forget that....

that is very true and we do not know everybody situation to be able to assess their situation with real life

I'm tired and I need to regroup from the real world for a couple of days.  I'm going to stay

outside and take care of my yard and start on planting my seeds in the garden. 

5 minutes ago, ladysmurf said:

I know I'm a pessimist.  Truthfully I had one therapist and one doctor that really did care.  Like mom as a nurse they took every case home with them at the end of the day.  They both lost their minds and were basically forced into retirement like mom.

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I know I'm a pessimist.  Truthfully I had one therapist and one doctor that really did care.  Like mom as a nurse they took every case home with them at the end of the day.  They both lost their minds and were basically forced into retirement like mom.

i didn't say you are a pessimist.. i am sure from the way you speak of your mother that she was a great nurse. I've met some good nurses, and some who i was terrified of when i was in the hospital. and i've also met therapists and doctors who gave me hope and tried to help me when others just wanted money, and wasted my time..

the people you are talking about ...at least they were proud and loved their job even if it cost them certain things like losing their minds or retiring early,  ..you still talk about them with lots of passion, respect, (they are heroes and examples to us) so i am sure if they had to do it over again they would have done the same, and not choose a different lifestyle.. because they showed people like you and me, that good people do exist, as well as bad ones in every field..

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Hi Dev, I don't think anyone will be mad at you for saying any of that. I don't see a problem. I've found this place helpful and supportive and I love coming here but I don't think it's a good place to make real life friends (it hasn't been for me anyway). People tend to live far away from each other or dip in and out of the site and not keep in touch. A lot of people want to keep their anonymity too and so all in all I think it's best to keep a bit of distance with the site if that makes sense and not emotionally invest in it too much. 

I call people here friends but they are friends in the online world only. There have been times when I've pursued real friendship here but it's not worked out for me so far. It has for some but not for me. At least up to this point. Of course you never know what might happen. 

I'm happy enough with having my online pals even though there's always a part of me which would like to do a trip across America to meet them all. In reality, I don't think people would be up for it all that much for so many different reasons. 

We can't help feeling bonded to people we speak to every day. I certainly do but I try to make peace with the fact that it's unlikely we will become friends in real life 😒

On a positive note, I learn a lot from the people here, I enjoy our interactions and I feel they enrich my life. I think of you all often.

Lots of love 

NJ 🤠

Yea I totally under what your saying I am personally at the point where I care to much about people on here 😢

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

It kind of shows why I'm done with it all doesn't it?  Not one professional stepping up volunteering their time.  You never hear I'm a psychiatrist or I'm a therapist and I'm here to help.  I'll never walk into one of their offices again.

Yea there not all bad I don’t think that’s what we need on here anyways just saying 

On 3/25/2020 at 6:27 AM, Nightjar said:

Hey JD, I've been longing to get away from the rat race too. For the past two years, I've been back in the city, whereas before this I lived in a beautiful, quiet place with a small, friendly community.

It wasn't off grid but it was much more rural and there was more opportunity to keep chickens, grow veg, to fish and get lots of fresh air. I want to get back and have been trying to, but it's not so easy financially and with the current situation, it would be very difficult, perhaps dangerous to try to move. 

Anyways, maybe we can use this difficult time to solidify our escape plans and to strengthen our will and determination to go. Then, when the chance arises again we can be outta here! What do you think? 

I have been trying to save for this. It was going quite well but since I've had to stock up more than usual it's dwindled a bit. Still, I'm not giving up on this. Where there's a will,  there's a way, right? 🤔

Oh yeah. A few of us are still talking about it. Unfortunately, the federal govt, and many state govts, have become full-on authoritarian.

Posted (edited)

Fairly stable day thus far, but CV is hitting close now. Belatedly watching a launch attempt that my have already been scrubbed. Ground hydraulics issue.

Edited by Handon Frypan

anxious, my nightmares had stopped for a while, now they are back, and i'm terrified waking up ..i dont even want to sleep these past few nights...oh well.. hope everyone is hanging in there..

31 minutes ago, watalife said:

I'm staying at home and gaining as much weight as possible. I need to go walking,  but am i allowed in the park? 😐

It's the same story with me.  Did I really enjoy my walk today?  No because I was watching for the Sheriff the whole time.  Are we allowed to walk yes but the cops are bored with nothing to do all day.  They are going to harass everyone they come in contact with.  It's like the parks around here.  You have to pay to go to them during the busy season.  The off season is free but it's so rare to see people during the off season that the rangers will harass you every time!

10 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

don't label them all as bad sober. I've met some good ones , and I've met some really bad ones who only care for money....

…The 'good' ones aren't invented from in your imaginative mind?

I'd like to be obliterated from existence, from history. If there was a way for no one to ever remember I even existed, most of my anxiety would go away. I want an escape route that leaves no guilt or pain.

im new here, and feel like this is window to open up to how i feel everyday.

this constant need of self acceptance and self love that sometimes i dont have at all.

waking up everyday feeling like i have to be perfect for others and not for myself is ******* me, i try to be strong, everyone here tries to be strong but sometimes (like today) i feel so weak, and wanting not to continue breathinf anymore... and try to see if someone cares, if someone can just turn around and see that you are actually in pain... and no one can see that.

People are more abusive than any kind of Corona Bear out there.  That's right.  People are worse than Bears.  

9 hours ago, duck said:

People are more abusive than any kind of Corona Bear out there.  That's right.  People are worse than Bears.  

Bears don't harbor malice towards other bears, I don't think. That's what sets humans apart.