How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

In one of those moods today...everything is getting to me. Cannot shake the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness I have been experiencing. That light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting further away.

7 hours ago, APFSDS said:

Holy heck. I went from being a bit apprehensive, to hopeful, to insanely depressed/angry to calm and content and hopeful again. In like... 4 hours. Faawk...

I basically also cramped my leg I ran so angrily to stamp out my despair... had to meet a rehabilitation worker for a walk. And now I feel ok and hopeful.

🙂 I have such mood swings too. 

57 minutes ago, Extremebeginner said:

Politicians could change the system, but they wont, ever. Nurses are already helping individuals but if politicians could cut out halve of what they say, then we would be better off. We are scared to our wits end about everything and they make it worse, no matter which parties you support. And stop the press from making up stories, hold them accountable for delivering the truth. Oh and wait our own government could release some real numbers on where we are with this virus, ours are updatedweekly..... really.

we need the truth, we can deal with that but lies and false promises....

I actually typed in politician definition and a person who acts in a manipulative and devious way, typically to gain advancement within an organization was one of the definitions that came up.  It's the only real definition.  I am glad I got into politics during the pandemic because it stopped me from ever voting for anyone again.

1 hour ago, Extremebeginner said:

Whats happening today thats causing you to question things. People here care about all fellow sufferers, what can we help you with today. Remember, it really is not as hopeless as it seems, thats the illness restricting your vision. Try and do at least one thing positive, watch a bird, or catch a snake, or whatever else you guys get up to in aus

Received an email saying another job application was rejected. I was already anxious from going out to the local shops to get some food, the email just pushed me over the edge.  

3 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Politicians could change the system, but they wont, ever. Nurses are already helping individuals but if politicians could cut out halve of what they say, then we would be better off. We are scared to our wits end about everything and they make it worse, no matter which parties you support. And stop the press from making up stories, hold them accountable for delivering the truth. Oh and wait our own government could release some real numbers on where we are with this virus, ours are updatedweekly..... really.

we need the truth, we can deal with that but lies and false promises....

Amen! I'm amazed at how the "regular" flu has all but disappeared over the past year. 

Never before in my life have I said I don't think I'm going to make it back to the house because of rain.  Today was the worst experience I've ever had driving in the rain.  Something came up that I had to rush out and take care of so I had to drive 60 miles in a total downpour a lot of the time I could barely see.  I was hydroplaning everywhere and roads were flooding.  It was very treacherous!

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

a person who acts in a manipulative and devious way, typically to gain advancement within an organization

Yah, haven't trusted politicians since they "citizen" shamed Socrates into drinking hemlock in 399 BC.  

Bulgakov

3 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Amen! I'm amazed at how the "regular" flu has all but disappeared over the past year. 

Its because we were all socially distant and mask wearing! Oh wait, but a lot of people weren’t so maybe the flu is just cured, until

tomorrows headlines

‘COVID-19 cures H1N1’

daily departures for Mars exceed all expectations....😀

I am on a negative roll, so I will pause there, just returned from my third covid test, because my kids school had another case!

40 minutes ago, watalife said:

I can't believe we are almost half through the year already. I'm glad because that means I'm getting older and closer to the end. 🌤🌈

Aging gracefully is the key, but Im bored with that. I think I am closer to the point where I drop the gloves, book the tickets and eat high fat foods with extra sugar. Today wasn't a great day for me but I still managed to see three small positives

4 hours ago, Civil said:

Received an email saying another job application was rejected. I was already anxious from going out to the local shops to get some food, the email just pushed me over the edge.  

Understood, so that job was not meant to be. I hate shopping so I use Amazon for all but fresh food. 
if I may attempt to put a positive spin on the rejection, at least that company bothered to reply to you....its hard I know for sure but the right job will come along soon

7 hours ago, APFSDS said:

Must be exhausting.

Currently feeling tired.

I hope you feel better as the day progresses. 

8 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Yah, haven't trusted politicians since they "citizen" shamed Socrates into drinking hemlock in 399 BC.  

Bulgakov

HIGH FIVE!     🙂

13 hours ago, monicott17 said:

That light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting further away.

That is the most awkward feeling to have ...isn't it ? You try and try and try and everything seems like the more you try it is getting even worse. But if you don;t try - you gave up. It is a viscous cycle 

I'm a very paranoid person or am I.  The longer I live the more things I get to check off the list and say no I was actually right about that.  I don't like technology one bit at this point.  Every single thing in this house connected to the internet or a satellite is exactly for me.  It's like all the companies are sitting here on the couch with me taking notes the whole time.  That should be good though right?  No not a bit they are looking for ways to play on my emotions the most and sent me down a rabbit hole that leads to a pot of gold at the end of the "rainbow" for them.

22 hours ago, sober4life said:

I think nurses could change the system if they all came together and said we're not doing this anymore until there are certain changes made.  The nurses do most of the work I'll just say that.  If nurses stopped the lights would turn out in every hospital in the world today.  I don't know how it is everywhere I guess but around here the doctors pretty much throw all the work on the shoulders of nurses and waltz around like they're a local celebrity taking credit for everything.  I don't know if the system is too broken to be fixed but I do know if there is a way good honest nurses like you will find a way to change things.

it's too hard to change the system sober.. ..it's all about the money....i used to think people went into this field to save lives, that they truly loved and cared for what they did maybe 1-2 out of 20 do, the rest are in it for the money, doctors, nurses, etc..it's never going to change..

Posted (edited)

Well I'm done with it all surprisingly.  I guess being treated like one of the rabbits on Save Ralph for 20 years will do that to you.

Edited by sober4life

In my town a fifty two year old lady just died from side effects from Covid vaccine.  The lady was having headaches so she went to the hospital in my neighbourhood.  The nurse told her to go home and take Tylenol.  The lady went home and died from a blood clot. This hospital has a poor reputation.

I am feeling sleepy all day because I did not sleep well last night.   Tomorrow will be better!

On 5/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, sober4life said:

I think nurses could change the system if they all came together and said we're not doing this anymore until there are certain changes made. 

Sadly I think the system has too much toxicity in it to change... and many of us nurses are drawn to the job because we are codependents. Going to my first Al-Anon meeting I was surprised to find half the members were nurses. Many of us have poor boundaries and allow ourselves to be exploited, especially if we think we are working towards a greater cause. Unfortunately corporate owned hospitals know this and use it to their advantage. And sadly more and more non-profit and learning hospitals are being bought out by these large corporate hospitals whose bottom lines is profit not people. Not to mention corruption in the insurance and pharmaceutical industry...
I have to force myself to focus on the positivity, the humanity, and the grace in healing when I enter the building for work or else I think the bitterness would consume me.

8 hours ago, NitNat said:

Sadly I think the system has too much toxicity in it to change... and many of us nurses are drawn to the job because we are codependents. Going to my first Al-Anon meeting I was surprised to find half the members were nurses. Many of us have poor boundaries and allow ourselves to be exploited, especially if we think we are working towards a greater cause. Unfortunately corporate owned hospitals know this and use it to their advantage. And sadly more and more non-profit and learning hospitals are being bought out by these large corporate hospitals whose bottom lines is profit not people. Not to mention corruption in the insurance and pharmaceutical industry...
I have to force myself to focus on the positivity, the humanity, and the grace in healing when I enter the building for work or else I think the bitterness would consume me.

having dealt with hospitals, doctors, and all that all my life. i agree... i think it's very hard to change the system and its far too late..

17 hours ago, duck said:

In my town a fifty two year old lady just died from side effects from Covid vaccine.  The lady was having headaches so she went to the hospital in my neighbourhood.  The nurse told her to go home and take Tylenol.  The lady went home and died from a blood clot. This hospital has a poor reputation.

I am feeling sleepy all day because I did not sleep well last night.   Tomorrow will be better!

I fear we will be seeing more of this as time goes on...and dollars to doughnuts says the vaccine regimen will continue until the sun burns out...at least once per year but probably twice in order to keep up with the "variants."

2 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Dental appointment today.  ugh. 

Have them gas you up good. At least have some fun in the chair while you're there.