How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I´m really glad that you exist.  I´m not able to read all your posts, maybe just the posts of 3-4 people more regularly but I´m glad that you are here and hope your tomorrow will be better and you have a good morning.:) And also today, every next moment. 

Today I feel like my head is going to explode in my insides are on fire. I know there are better days to come, I just want them to hurry up and get here. For all of you having good days, I love it! I hope to today I feel like my head is going to explode in my insides are on fire. I know there are better days to come, I just want them to hurry up and get here.  For those of us having hard times, they will turn around. They always do.  For all of you having good days, I love it! I hope to be joining you soon 🥰

I'm watching a Robin Williams comedy DVD I got today.  That's me.  Nobody sees me for weeks or a month and then all of a sudden something like his act is what they see.  I enjoy every time I go to town.  Thanks Robin we all miss you very much!❤️

11 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

Today, I’ve chosen as a turning point for my life, I am going to replace any negative feelings with something positive. Then I will try to build up on the positives so that positive feel good moments outweigh the harder moments. 
And I am going to meditate daily!

Can you give me some tips on How to meditate?

I'm not gonna lie those dark thoughts were back last night. I'm definitely in a depression at the moment. Stress + isolation + health worries + lack of feeling in control of my life = depressed nightjar. I think the lack of control is pretty major. When you can't do anything to help yourself, life feels pretty grim, I think.

My chest has been feeling bad but I've been feeling too overwhelmed with just the day to day to do anything about bit. Plus, I should have a routine test done which I haven't. Plus, my hair needs sorting.... Plus, housework, packing.... Yep, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Oh, and one of my lovely neighbours let her dog have a wee on my lawn this morning, so seeing that was a lovely way to start the day! Not. 

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I'm not gonna lie those dark thoughts were back last night. I'm definitely in a depression at the moment. Stress + isolation + health worries + lack of feeling in control of my life = depressed nightjar. I think the lack of control is pretty major. When you can't do anything to help yourself, life feels pretty grim, I think.

I am also having dark thoughts.  I am sick of dealing with bullies.  I also have health issues.  

I filed my income taxes.  In Canada our deadline is April 30th.   Altogether I did three income taxes, my sisters and mine.    

I have to continue cleaning and reorganizing my living area.  I am trying to reduce paperwork and clothing.  

4 hours ago, Nightjar said:

My chest has been feeling bad but I've been feeling too overwhelmed with just the day to day to do anything about bit. Plus, I should have a routine test done which I haven't. Plus, my hair needs sorting.... Plus, housework, packing.... Yep, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Oh, and one of my lovely neighbours let her dog have a wee on my lawn this morning, so seeing that was a lovely way to start the day! Not. 

It worries me that you're having chest pains.:sniffle1:

Not having a good day so far. Terrible stretch of weather continues (I have SAD and weather affects my mood way more than it should), super anxious right now about a work related issue that I have reached out about and no one is getting back to me about and just overrall...feeling hopeless and down about pretty much everything.

Every day that's not bad, seems meh.  All the days are the same.  I know, the virus. 

I should have been more gracious I guess in 2019 but my mom passed away that year.  Maybe I should have been grateful in 2018.  The normality I miss so much.

But this depression.  God, what's it all about? 

So today?  Ugh. 

But it's nice being back on here.  I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOU.  I really am.  I don't think you all know what you mean to me.  I wish you did.  You're my virtual family, a loving family, who always shows me kindness.  I thank you!!

Edited by HeatherG
typo

19 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm watching a Robin Williams comedy DVD I got today.  That's me.  Nobody sees me for weeks or a month and then all of a sudden something like his act is what they see.  I enjoy every time I go to town.  Thanks Robin we all miss you very much!❤️

He led a heroic battle against depression, as we know.

I try to be "funny" to cover up my internal darkness but I generally fail. It has been a coping mechanism since I was in elementary school.

19 hours ago, duck said:

Thanks JD.  

I am trying to file my income taxes but the Government website is too busy!   GGGRRRRR..

I filed mine on February 14 but still haven't received my refund. I really, REALLY need it too. 

Maybe they gave it to the Pentagon.

1 hour ago, HeatherG said:

Every day that's not bad, seems meh.  All the days are the same.  I know, the virus. 

I should have been more gracious I guess in 2019 but my mom passed away that year.  Maybe I should have been grateful in 2018.  The normality I miss so much.

So today?  Ugh. 

But it's nice being back on here.  I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL OF YOU.  I really am.  I don't think you all know what you mean to me.  I wish you did.  You're my virtual family, a loving family, who always shows me kindness.  I thank you!!

Good to see you again as well. I love your avatar. Cats are my favorite people, along with dogs. :)

I'm helping one of my daughter's friends deal with depression right now. I feel it's like the blind leading the blind. But she appreciates that we are there for her.

19 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

He led a heroic battle against depression, as we know.

I try to be "funny" to cover up my internal darkness but I generally fail. It has been a coping mechanism since I was in elementary school.

I guess everything I do is to keep people from getting to know me because nobody would want to get to know me.  Even I don't want to.

16 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I guess everything I do is to keep people from getting to know me because nobody would want to get to know me.  Even I don't want to.

Exactly. I try to hide from myself. That's probably why I used to drink so much. If I got bombed enough, I wouldn't have to deal with myself. 

36 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I filed mine on February 14 but still haven't received my refund. I really, REALLY need it too. 

Maybe they gave it to the Pentagon.

I don't think so. I beleive Biden told the Pentagon if they want anymore bombs and stuff to go hold a bake sale like the Girl Scouts do... Lol.... Trump gave them more than enough money.

20 hours ago, sober4life said:

My favorite comedian. I really like his older stuff when he first started doing HBO comedy specials./ That dude is so far off the wall no one could keep up with him.

20 hours ago, duck said:

Can you give me some tips on How to meditate?

I’ll be honest I find it very hard, so I stumbled across guided meditations, one of the acceptable uses of social media. If you have access to youtube, and pop in that phrase, you will stumble as I did on a plethora of information. If you add the word beginner you will get videos that make sense. Set aside 15 minutes, in a comfy chair or bed and follow the guide.

there are many different styles, some I really enjoy and actually make me sleep, others that I cannot listen to. If you feel comfortable with one listen, if not look for another.

meditation takes some practice to become a beginner, I doubt I will ever be a weighless yogi

3 hours ago, HeatherG said:

So today?  Ugh. 

Which end of the rainbow are you at? Welcome back if that’s appropriate, we are all ears, paws and I kindof do know what we mean to you, it’s reciprocal 🤗

6 hours ago, monicott17 said:

Not having a good day so far. Terrible stretch of weather continues (I have SAD and weather affects my mood way more than it should), super anxious right now about a work related issue that I have reached out about and no one is getting back to me about and just overrall...feeling hopeless and down about pretty much everything.

So there is still time for improvements in your day, look outside and appreciate that both sunshine and rain are important.

sorry you are feeling a little hopeless at present, but pick something good for you.... what you would like to eat, a good song to listen to, and listen to it.....

hugs