Lindsay

How do You Feel Right Now? #12

On 2/27/2020 at 2:31 PM, sober4life said:

I used to walk for hours as well.  My ankles would be worn down to almost the bone at times.  I would go way beyond blisters.  I try not to walk any more than 5 or 6 miles at a time now because I don't want to wear out my joints.  No I'm not getting sick and yes you can imagine how paranoid the coronavirus is making me.

Yes, take care of your joints.  I used mine like mad FOR YEARS: walking (a commitment to 20 miles per week), cycling, step classes in the 90's -- and I've had both knees replaced.  So it goes . . .

Forgiveness versus Justice. 

I talked to my parents about what happened with Nyla. They told me that they'd help me if I chose to say something. 

But... I don't know if I should. I wish Nyla were here and could tell me what she wanted. Would she forgive him? Would she want me to make sure he can't hurt anyone else? Would she want me to report him or not?

This is so hard. I'm not used to these kinda ethical decisions, y'know?  I can't imagine dealing with all this heavy stuff every day like you guys do or Nyla did. Must take a lot of strength.

-Skye

How is everyone doing?  I mean it's like a ghost town everywhere I go.  The streets are empty.  The stores are empty + plus empty shelves.   All restaurants and coffee shops are closed.  Gyms are closed.  It is more like what is not closed.  State of emergency declared almost everywhere.  Whatever that means.  Free parking, free bus/train rides.  No place to go so what''s the point of free parking and bus rides?  

Medcation is limited to thirty days.  I usually get ninety days because it is cheaper.  Evertime I buy a medication I have to pay a dispensing fee of twelve dollars.  Now I will have to pay more.  Obviously, the pharmacies will make more money.  

Our Canadian Government failed to do anything significant to help us.  Some people will get a bit more money but that's it.  What we need right now is a check/cheque for two thousand dollars.   The cash will help many people.  

I feel restless and at the same time I want to do many things but I end up doing nothing because my mind is busy finding out what the f it wants. Sick of myself, getting bored with everything before I even start. I found some meds I thought I've run out of, but I guess they are pretty much useless anyway.

VERY ANXIOUS!!

my friend was crying she has anxiety like me and is very anxious. i was trying to be supportive, i hope i was. I am having panic attacks because i'm anxious too about what in the world is going on , and i can't leave the house to go anywhere anymore. i hope everyone stays safe !

Of course people are anxious right now because what's going on still doesn't make sense if you listen to everything you're being told and look at all the facts.  You have to believe there are many things we're not being told.

Pretty smooth day. I'm at terms that my normal social activities have been taken from me. And I'm actually intrigued by the way our society is being forced to change. We don't know how things are going to look in a year, but we may be a better nation for this CV.

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 1:05 PM, JD4010 said:

I'm strangely calm. Almost as if I'm watching all of this COVID-19 stuff from a distance. 

I can relate to this. I feel like I've become an expert on the subjects of self-isolating and "social distancing" after years of living with the personal, emotional epidemic of severe depression. 

In a weird sort of way -  I almost feel more prepared for the current crisis than other people. My world fell apart six years ago, so now it  just feels like the rest of the world is just catching up. 

Edited by Tilted

Posted (edited)

Worried. Not about f ucking covid19 per se, but way it influences our day to day, the fact that quite a few of us could be laid off work indefinitely, perhaps permenantly. 

If we do enter a new global depression, it’s not because of a virus. It’s because of US and our dysfunctional global economy and socio-cultural structure. 

Overpopulation, disaster capitalism, nationalism, isolationism, religion, small mindedness, stupidity.

So you can add being pissed off and hopelessness about any kind of future asides being worried.

Edited by samadhiSheol

55 minutes ago, Tilted said:

I can relate to this. I feel like I've become an expert on the subjects of self-isolating and "social distancing" after years of living with the personal, emotional epidemic of severe depression. 

In a weird sort of way -  I almost feel more prepared for the current crisis than other people. My world fell apart six years ago, so now it  just feels like the rest of the world is just catching up. 

I've been self-isolating and social distancing my whole life.  99% of the time if I see someone driving up my driveway I think oh no I have to get out of here!  Why?  There's no such thing as someone stopping by just to see how I'm doing.  It hasn't happened even once in my entire life.  That person wants something from me.

20 hours ago, sober4life said:

Of course people are anxious right now because what's going on still doesn't make sense if you listen to everything you're being told and look at all the facts.  You have to believe there are many things we're not being told.

i know but when you have anxiety and OCD, ..all this is causing so much anxiety, and my BP is so high , I can't calm down sometimes..

1 hour ago, Devlinkyla said:

Today is the day

I love you my friend.  I would do anything in this world to fix things for you and take your pain away.  It makes me so sad to see how much you have been struggling lately.  I want the best for you.  I want you to be happy.  I want you to have the life you want.😭

38 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I love you my friend.  I would do anything in this world to fix things for you and take your pain away.  It makes me so sad to see how much you have been struggling lately.  I want the best for you.  I want you to be happy.  I want you to have the life you want.😭

Thanks sober that means a lot to me :hugs:

On 3/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, JD4010 said:

I'm strangely calm. Almost as if I'm watching all of this COVID-19 stuff from a distance.

7 hours ago, Tilted said:

I agree with both of you.  I have this strange feeling like my life fell apart about nine months ago, and now I am numbly watching something similar happening on a large scale to others.  In this 'bubble' I only feel mild surprise that 'this time' it is happening to others too instead of just me.   Difficult to describe, but I think you already get it.  

Only partly kidding ... it makes me wonder who is crazier, me or the rest of the world. Weird feelings!

21 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

Only partly kidding ... it makes me wonder who is crazier, me or the rest of the world. Weird feelings!

I've wondered that my whole life believe me.  I have that feeling because I've never fit in in this world.  My idea of normal has never lined up with the world's idea of normal.

11 minutes ago, Devlinkyla said:

I need help!!! Not sure what to do....

Can explain your present situation? Maybe a forum-mate can suggest something…

7 minutes ago, Devlinkyla said:

I need help!!! Not sure what to do....

You seem to be going through a very tough time right now.  I wish you all the comfort and peace possible!  :console:  So sorry I cannot do something more helpful for you.  Would it help to share what is happening?

39 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

Can explain your present situation? Maybe a forum-mate can suggest something…

37 minutes ago, jkd_sd said:

You seem to be going through a very tough time right now.  I wish you all the comfort and peace possible!  :console:  So sorry I cannot do something more helpful for you.  Would it help to share what is happening?

I just feel like am being watched all the time by people who would hurt me and know think they want me to hurt me seeing things in my room at night and it just goes on and on I believe this stuff but honestly don’t want to if that makes sense  thinking maybe hospital but I see my doctor Thursday so what’s the point I could wait and see my doctor then agin what’s the point I don’t really feel like meds are really the answer to this crap I don’t know 🤷‍♀️