How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

16 hours ago, Bulgakov said:

Best of possibilities for you JD.  Going back under probation as you've described, would be a lot more stressful than it's already been for you, I think, and things around the office would likely get awkward.  And if something happened after you returned,  would you lose the retirement they've offered you today?  But if you really feel like you're being railroaded, then check with legal aid if possible--can't recall if you are union.  Find out what it would take to challenge them, and what your chances would be to win a case.   

Not to influence, but I was thinking about your situation.  If you choose to take their offer,  take time to enjoy a few days or a week, reminding yourself that you don't have to go back to a job that's agonizing, that you're not there.  Don't forget to enjoy that reward. 

Bulgakov

Excellent advice and suggestions my friend! Yeah, I've all but signed the papers to bail out of here.

You are correct, if I failed at something during probation, I wouldn't get any of the retirement they offered. Given my experience over the past few years, I can't risk that.

I think the offer is "fair" as far as it goes. 

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'll admit it.  I like living in a place where I hear howling coyotes every day.

Oh, heck yes. Me too. I grew up in a very remote place and we had coyotes "up in the hills" of our pastures. Why I wanted to leave all of that is beyond me.

10 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

It's time of the year for me to job hunt again.. I face this before but it still makes me feel awful and wonder what am i living for and the fear of being useless to everyone and people's judgmental looks will be repeating in my head again. 

Wishing you the very best. I think I know what you are going through; I have the same fears and apprehension.

On 4/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, roadking02 said:

I have done that and it seems to me like it just gets worse as time goes on. I feel it mainly when it comes to social stuff and being that most people around my age are doing much better it may for all I know be a facade. The people that I have to be around at work or even just the area I live in generally do not like me or even care to try to get to know me. My main area of failure would be fitting in with people my own age or those slightly younger. At work now though I don't bother going to the break rooms because of some of the people I'd have to be around. They've completely shut me away after finding out about Natalie... Who would've thought that someone I was with in high school would be what wrecked my entire life?

Not that I don't try asking women out... I just always get rejected in some way. I only try asking women out if I really have some kind of feelings for them but it's never worked out. Honestly I feel like I was setup to fail and fall very hard the last time I asked someone out. Doesn't mean that I won't continue to be in love with them from afar... Which also really is just absolutely horrible to deal with. I do interesting things but nobody around here really shares any of those interests. Around here I still avoid people every time I do have to go out in public. I'm not as bad as I used to be but I still do it.

well I am glad you keep trying and asking. i don't seem to fit in with people either, i think that's the problem with this illness. i usually hide it or keep it silent, it's not like you can easily talk about mental illness like you can with other illnesses . most of the people i went to school with are doing far better than i am too, and that hurts, but whatever that's life i guess.

I've been very, very tired today. A combination of being really stressed lately and a lack of sleep to boot. I got some stuff done though and I was pleased that mini lion finally got her play time after missing a couple of days. I think she would have gone for my jugular if I'd left it any longer 🦁

I only played with my old mog occasionally..poor thing.. But she seemed happy to sleep most of the time 🤔 I think she would have enjoyed more stimulation but she never complained or seemed stressed. Mini lion is like a hurricane in the house if she doesn't have intensive play time most days. 

I think if I had another mog now I would feel guilty if I didn't play with him/her. They get so much out of it 🤔 It's tough if I'm really tired and/or stressed. And I think that most of us usually are tired and/or stressed. Anyone else here give their mogs play time? 

Edited by Nightjar

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'll admit it.  I like living in a place where I hear howling coyotes every day.

Not many coyotes howling near me, but lots of truely wild life!

Bears, Moose, Foxes and Lynx are all pretty quiet!

I was lucky enough to see a Lynx while out hiking....was hard not to call out 'here kitty, kitty, kitty'

3 minutes ago, user1492 said:

Not many coyotes howling near me, but lots of truely wild life!

Bears, Moose, Foxes and Lynx are all pretty quiet!

I was lucky enough to see a Lynx while out hiking....was hard not to call out 'here kitty, kitty, kitty'

I've seen a bear and a mountain lion on my walk.  I've seen a single coyote on my walk a few times and I've had a coyote sleep under my tree in my backyard.  I'm not afraid of any animals except for maybe one of the smallest ones ticks.:unsure:

I think I have gout in my knee.  Is pizza worth feeling like knives are stabbed into your knee?  Of course not.  It's awful.  It's pain so bad I've just been sitting here screaming all night.

15 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I think I have gout in my knee.  Is pizza worth feeling like knives are stabbed into your knee?  Of course not.  It's awful.  It's pain so bad I've just been sitting here screaming all night.

I occassionally get a crippling pain in my kness with truly an unknown cause, it might be bursitis, water on the knee, literally. If you have been kneeling down a lot today, it can set it off and its so painful it will make you cry.

my solution, because heat and ice fail to change much at all was to buy a knee brace, and secure it tightly whilst awake and asleep. Mine breaks out maybe once a year and the brace is my only solution. For tonight maybe secure it tightly with a bandage and splint??? Hope it helps. Piece of cardboard folded as an emergency brace and taped around will work too.....

I am back.  I have been feeling very ill for sometime.  Physically that is.  My doctor starred in the movie Clueless!  I booked to see the nurse next week.  Maybe she can help me.  I slept on the chair/couch for three days.  No energy to get up and go to bed.  

I went out for Chai Latte earlier this evening.  It was good. 

9 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

I occassionally get a crippling pain in my kness with truly an unknown cause, it might be bursitis, water on the knee, literally. If you have been kneeling down a lot today, it can set it off and its so painful it will make you cry.

my solution, because heat and ice fail to change much at all was to buy a knee brace, and secure it tightly whilst awake and asleep. Mine breaks out maybe once a year and the brace is my only solution. For tonight maybe secure it tightly with a bandage and splint??? Hope it helps. Piece of cardboard folded as an emergency brace and taped around will work too.....

I was doing a lot of landscaping work.  It could be from using the shovel a lot.  My downfall is never really being in shape but acting like I'm still a teenager.  No matter what the job is I jump in and do all of it and feel like I got hit by a car afterward.  I need to at some point start acting my age.  Also it could be gout.  I know if you drink enough water you shouldn't get it but I had 4 french bread pizzas for supper yesterday.  It could be the cause.

The fact that I can't even find the strength, motivation, desire to go read a book , which I enjoy reading ..makes me wonder why do I keep hoping that anything will ever change for the better with this illness? :sadwalk:

8 hours ago, duck said:

I am back.  I have been feeling very ill for sometime.  Physically that is.  My doctor starred in the movie Clueless!  I booked to see the nurse next week.  Maybe she can help me.  I slept on the chair/couch for three days.  No energy to get up and go to bed.  

I went out for Chai Latte earlier this evening.  It was good. 

Glad you were able to get out. That hopefully means you are feeling better.

My daughter drinks chai by the gallon. 🙂 She and I went out earlier today. I drank a cold brew coffee and she had her usual chai. It's the little things that keep me going.

I'm talking to some financial person about my severance offer later today. I won't be homeless right away at least. But it isn't going to take very long to drain my checking account after I "resign."

1 hour ago, ladysmurf said:

The fact that I can't even find the strength, motivation, desire to go read a book , which I enjoy reading ..makes me wonder why do I keep hoping that anything will ever change for the better with this illness? :sadwalk:

I know exactly how you feel. I started reading a book by my favorite author last year. I'm still only about half way through. I can only read a few pages at a time it seems. I used to pick up a novel and read through it in only one or two sittings. Now everything takes so much effort on my part. Even writing this reply was a major task.

I'm pathetic.

40 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

I know exactly how you feel. I started reading a book by my favorite author last year. I'm still only about half way through. I can only read a few pages at a time it seems. I used to pick up a novel and read through it in only one or two sittings. Now everything takes so much effort on my part. Even writing this reply was a major task.

I'm pathetic.

im sorry. for me nothing will ever change the way i see it. i dont even know why i continue to think anything ever will. sooner or later i will reach my limits. i am so tired of this illness and not being able to feel like a productive human being in this society. i feel so alone and lost.

For me I don't really have enough brain left to be able to read.  I can see it and read it I guess but there's no short term memory so by the time it reaches the brain it's gone.

12 minutes ago, sober4life said:

For me I don't really have enough brain left to be able to read.  I can see it and read it I guess but there's no short term memory so by the time it reaches the brain it's gone.

Highly doubt that sober ....you are one person I follow on here and I think you are way smart and well alert .... that is why I read what you type ... and I need reading glasses to do so .....:) 

16 minutes ago, Svenetc said:

Highly doubt that sober ....you are one person I follow on here and I think you are way smart and well alert .... that is why I read what you type ... and I need reading glasses to do so .....:) 

Hi sober, awww a hero!

How smart am I really?  Does someone that's smart always have stories about hurting themselves?  The pain is worse today than it was yesterday.  It's in my hip and knee and really my whole right leg and back.  A tip for people you need your back and knees and ankles when you get older.  I wish someone would have told me that.  I'll be walking with a cane if I keep this up.:sniffle1:

15 hours ago, sober4life said:

I was doing a lot of landscaping work.  It could be from using the shovel a lot.  My downfall is never really being in shape but acting like I'm still a teenager.  No matter what the job is I jump in and do all of it and feel like I got hit by a car afterward.  I need to at some point start acting my age.  Also it could be gout.  I know if you drink enough water you shouldn't get it but I had 4 french bread pizzas for supper yesterday.  It could be the cause.

Just 4 frenchie pizzas.... why did you stop at four? Lol

9 hours ago, JD4010 said:

I'm pathetic.

I dont see you as pathetic, because if you are it means we all are... we are all in this together and because we cannot focus, we cannot engage in a book. I was told to get the audible books and listen to them, but I haven't got that far yet..... not even close.

what are you trying to read anyway?

22 hours ago, ladysmurf said:

I thought I enjoyed reading. Maybe I did. Maybe I used to read cos the people around me read and I want to be like them but now I have noone around me and I don't know what I enjoy anymore. I feel you so much :tear2: What we like changes as we age. When you reach your limit, try to find yourself again