How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

I've had knots in my stomach due to this ongoing viral breaking news event. Things are just surreal. another one of those uneasy transitive times where you can't know what's next. I'm less mad about the virus than the social and logistical implications on my life.

Honestly not sure.  I am trying to figure out how to plan for myself when the whole world seems to be 'in flux'.  I have not been posting much the last few days, 'cause I really do not have much to say.  

Anxiety condition flared up today. It was so tough to sit with it during my time spent shopping at the store, maybe 45 minutes. People in close proximity, all trying to get around or past me. I could feel the fear in everyone, how each of us had the singular mind to get out of the market as quickly as possible. I couldn't look into anyone's eyes, I would've been overwhelmed and would have to just run outside. 

3 hours ago, watalife said:

I am going to have a virus free day, no news or internet. But I'm thinking it will be hard to do. I would have to not use the internet and stay on channels without news. This is starting to get on my nerves.

I agree I have to get away from it.  I'm fully prepared for this and I hope others are too.  I have to get away from it because the obsession that is brewing with my schizophrenia condition can certainly lead to my mind leaving me.  I have to take care of myself now that I am prepared.

8 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

Pissed off. With humanity. Pissed off with the hysteria and overkill reactions about you know what. 

I need a vacation. Off humanity. 

Me too. Were we always this stupid?

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Me too. Were we always this stupid?

It’s the oldest part of our brain, the “reptilian brain”. Apparently we are incapable of long term thinking as a species. And we are susceptible to the herd mind. So yeah, stupidity is part of what we are. As far as I can see..

On an evolutionary level, there is a race between viruses and bacteria on the one hand and flora and fauna on the other. They need each other but on the other hand only to a point..

Pissed. I'm so... So f*cking mad. 

I was doing okay. Its been a month since Nyla died, I'd gently moved on, everything was okay! And then suddenly out of the blue I found out the real reason she ended her life.

Her ex not only abused her, he... Sexually assaulted her. Repeatedly. 

I don't know what to do. I don't know. Do I tell her parents? His parents? What do I do? My best friend died because some POS human being took advantage of her. Should I be mad? Should I not do anything?

-Skye

Edited by PraiseBrownies

2 hours ago, PraiseBrownies said:

Pissed. I'm so... So f*cking mad. 

I don't know what to do. I don't know. Do I tell her parents? His parents? What do I do? My best friend died because some POS human being took advantage of her. Should I be mad? Should I not do anything?

-Skye

Any evidence of the assault that you can report to the local police?

3 hours ago, PraiseBrownies said:

Oh, Skye, I am so sorry!  This is shocking news.  Please give yourself a chance to breathe.  You will need to decide what to do with this new information.   @iWantRope asked a good question -- is there any actual evidence?  Please take extra care of yourself.  

1 hour ago, iWantRope said:

Any evidence of the assault that you can report to the local police?

1 hour ago, jkd_sd said:

is there any actual evidence?

That's the problem. 

Well, first off- I no longer live in Nyla's area. Haven't for a few years. Might have a bit of trouble making any kind of report, probably would have to get her parents involved.

Second, seeing as she's... Well, dead, there's nothing beyond a series of entries in her journals and message logs between the two on her phone and cloud storage.  

I guess I should speak to my parents about this but I honestly don't know where to go with this.  I didn't realize the abuse was that bad and I want her ex to face justice, but at the same time I'm not exactly in the mood to ruin someone's life with a dead girl's account. Plus the whole thing is gray- there was no force, she was coerced and pressured into consenting. I don't know if its worth reporting, if it'll go anywhere.

-Skye

Edited by PraiseBrownies