How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

1 hour ago, anon22ae said:

An RV is great in principle; it's just that my area is full of them and they have a poor reputation. You can't really stay anywhere without the locals and police throwing sour looks your way.

It's funny how most RVs here are of "that" type, but there are also the occasional luxury ones owned by the rich and used for actual recreation. Somehow the locals and police are able to tell the difference instantly. These seem to have no trouble "coexisting."

Sadly, land and home pricing even in remote areas in my state seems to be getting out of hand. Another effect of COVID, apparently, as people work from home. I wonder what remote parts of the US are still affordable. (North and west are better than south and east in my case.)

It's still cheap around here.  There are local houses that have been for sale around here for years.  Ohio is still affordable for sure but keep in mind if it's so great around here why am I constantly talking about leaving?

9 hours ago, sober4life said:

It's still cheap around here.  There are local houses that have been for sale around here for years.  Ohio is still affordable for sure but keep in mind if it's so great around here why am I constantly talking about leaving?

Good to hear that it's still cheap over there, but I can understand wanting to leave. I had lived on the east coast for too long, and Ohio is just a hop and skip away. Nonetheless, if there's some nice quiet place in the country where the weather doesn't get too hot and humid, I'd consider it.

11 minutes ago, anon22ae said:

Good to hear that it's still cheap over there, but I can understand wanting to leave. I had lived on the east coast for too long, and Ohio is just a hop and skip away. Nonetheless, if there's some nice quiet place in the country where the weather doesn't get too hot and humid, I'd consider it.

Who knows maybe you can buy this place.  This place was part of a dream I once had but my hopes and dreams have pretty much died at this point.  I stupidly thought things would work out for a change.  

13 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Sadly, land and home pricing even in remote areas in my state seems to be getting out of hand. Another effect of COVID, apparently, as people work from home. I wonder what remote parts of the US are still affordable. (North and west are better than south and east in my case.)

Same here. I'm in the upper midwest and property values are increasing rapidly. It's a weird recession if people are becoming unemployed but property prices keep rising. I don't get it.

Ideally I'd wind up in NM, CO, WY, MT...the Dakotas are also a possibility. I looked into Alaska because I love it there, but the very wealthy people from the lower 48 are gobbling up the land there too. Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota are also a possibility. I wouldn't mind being "adopted" by a Native nation; in fact, I'd welcome it.

5 hours ago, anon22ae said:

Here in the Mass, housing is going crazy despite the pandemic, the bankruptcies and the lockdowns. We put my parents house on the market in October after they died and it sold within a week for 10k more than we asked.  It is crazy.

I'm the kind of exhausted that no amount of sleep can fix. That on top of being depressed and anxious is really messing with my ability to live. Meaning I'm in kind of a bad place right now even though I do have a few moments of happiness during the day. 

4 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Same here. I'm in the upper midwest and property values are increasing rapidly. It's a weird recession if people are becoming unemployed but property prices keep rising. I don't get it.

Ideally I'd wind up in NM, CO, WY, MT...the Dakotas are also a possibility. I looked into Alaska because I love it there, but the very wealthy people from the lower 48 are gobbling up the land there too. Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota are also a possibility. I wouldn't mind being "adopted" by a Native nation; in fact, I'd welcome it.

I think it's the complete uncertainty in the world right now.  People are holding onto what they have and values are rising.  I can imagine leaving certain places right now in this world but to have the confidence of buying a house right now I wouldn't feel confident buying anwhere right now.  Who knows really how anything is going to go from here?

here i am.. reaching out for the first time on a public forum about my anxiety, depression, and losing my passion for life. today.. yes today, is being documented in my journal as day one of the worst off i've ever been in my entire life. i'm homeless for the first time, that's super exciting! and oh my goodness, the cold, the bitter sweet cold.. i have too much pride and respect to bother my family members with my life.. they have their own issues, their own problems.. they don't need to worry about me staying in their house.. so, i'm living in my car for the time being. i suppose i could look into homeless shelters around here, but i believe there is only one, and the last i've heard it has a waiting list.

yesterday was spent in anxiety, dreading tomorrow, not coming up with solutions or answers.. just an uneasy feeling throughout my chest, neck, and face, with my emotions ranged on a scale from 1 to 10, i was at a negative -9. i became hopeless.. i tried explaining it to my partner, but she was going through her own issues. there was no understanding between us, communication was misunderstood, so we parted ways.

now here i am.. i abandoned my friends for my partner, who is no longer in my life.. i deserted my parents, the true two people who have always had my best interest throughout all this.. i have nobody.. it's a magnificent feeling.. a new level of lonesome and independent brought together.. i feel like i'm going to puke. i need to go. bye.

22 minutes ago, BrianSherer said:

here i am.. reaching out for the first time on a public forum about my anxiety, depression, and losing my passion for life. today.. yes today, is being documented in my journal as day one of the worst off i've ever been in my entire life. i'm homeless for the first time, that's super exciting! and oh my goodness, the cold, the bitter sweet cold.. i have too much pride and respect to bother my family members with my life.. they have their own issues, their own problems.. they don't need to worry about me staying in their house.. so, i'm living in my car for the time being. i suppose i could look into homeless shelters around here, but i believe there is only one, and the last i've heard it has a waiting list.

yesterday was spent in anxiety, dreading tomorrow, not coming up with solutions or answers.. just an uneasy feeling throughout my chest, neck, and face, with my emotions ranged on a scale from 1 to 10, i was at a negative -9. i became hopeless.. i tried explaining it to my partner, but she was going through her own issues. there was no understanding between us, communication was misunderstood, so we parted ways.

now here i am.. i abandoned my friends for my partner, who is no longer in my life.. i deserted my parents, the true two people who have always had my best interest throughout all this.. i have nobody.. it's a magnificent feeling.. a new level of lonesome and independent brought together.. i feel like i'm going to puke. i need to go. bye.

Hi Brian. I understand that you don't want to bother your parents but please do. If they will let you stay you can get yourself back on your feet much faster and you will be far less for them to worry about if you are safe. 

I don't want to see anyone else on the streets/in their car. If you can get under a roof, please do it :hugs:

I want peace in the world.  I'm tired of living all the time in fear in this world.  I had no idea how good I had it the day before this pandemic began.  I'm terrified that I will never see the world that existed before all of this again.  

I feel like absolute crap. I just want to curl up in bed with my Jane pillow and hide from the rest of the world cause it seems like most of my worst days happen when I'm out of bed. Honestly, I feel like nowhere else is truly safe right now.

14 hours ago, DialAForAlan said:

I'm the kind of exhausted that no amount of sleep can fix. That on top of being depressed and anxious is really messing with my ability to live. Meaning I'm in kind of a bad place right now even though I do have a few moments of happiness during the day. 

Same here.  I am so exhausted I have to take long naps.  I fell asleep many times sitting and talking on the phone.

On 1/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, JD4010 said:

Add me to the list of weirdos. I don't like being around "normies" very much.

guys no one is weird.....or normal.......that's just dumb social standards that they make us believe......everyone is unique in their own way...no one is perfect...everyone has their good and bad qualities...that's the way i see it..i'm good at certain things and terrible at others..i dont wan't to be normal because i dont think such a thing as normal exists...it's just dumb engraved things that society makes us believe from a young age...and then we feel "weird"... you guys are all fine to me and im lucky to have found this forum and everyone here..

I agree that peace can no longer be something mankind achieves. All we can do is find our own peace if that still is an option. World leaders fail us continually promoting population growth to push economic growth. This is fueling depression and anxiety to the point where we will mostly all be severely effected, except for the true narcissist personalities.

good luck my friends, find your own peace

4 hours ago, Extremebeginner said:

I agree that peace can no longer be something mankind achieves. All we can do is find our own peace if that still is an option. World leaders fail us continually promoting population growth to push economic growth. This is fueling depression and anxiety to the point where we will mostly all be severely effected, except for the true narcissist personalities.

good luck my friends, find your own peace

I've been thinking about "leaders" a lot lately. I would imagine back in the old tribal days, if a "leader" sucked badly enough, they'd gang together and send him or her packing. Not necessarily in a very kind way. Now, the "leaders" insulate themselves so fully from the public that there's no way of turning them out. They've even rigged the election system so thoroughly that they are untouchable from that angle as well.

Edited by JD4010

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

Now, the "leaders" insulate themselves so fully from the public that there's no way of turning them out

There is no doubt at all that we were fcked from the very beginning. 

As a species we are incapable of achieving our aspirations for freedom, egalitarianism and equality. It's not in our genes. 

Cause most people consider themselves  more "equal" than others. 

Edited by samadhiSheol

1 minute ago, APFSDS said:

Frustrated by most things. Incapable of adapting anymore. Also concerned that I make spelling errors very frequently. Not only when typing, but also writing.

Most of my posts I end up editing here.  Am I always spelling wrong or is there some type of autocorrect here?  I know I'm out of it a lot but enough to mess up my posts all the time maybe?:unsure:

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

Most of my posts I end up editing here.  Am I always spelling wrong or is there some type of autocorrect here?  I know I'm out of it a lot but enough to mess up my posts all the time maybe?:unsure:

I think spelling is hilarious, even if I type something correctly, the auto corrector can still mess it up. I give up, sometimes its funny and sometimes its offensive, oh well, truly I can be sorry and dont care at the same time🥴