How do You Feel Right Now? #12

Lindsay

10 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm very happy today.  Why?  I see so many of my friends here are tough as nails and they have made it through this impossible year.  That's why.  I'm so proud of you all that I'm crying typing this right now!  We're so strong!  We made it through this year!  Nothing can stop us! :buttrock:

Please don't tempt Fate, the rest of the year 2021 may see it as a challenge to breaking us

40 minutes ago, iWantRope said:

Please don't tempt Fate, the rest of the year 2021 may see it as a challenge to breaking us

Well I think the reason I don't believe in fate is because it would mean something out there would have to still be watching this right?  It would have to counter my moves.  Nothing is watching over me anymore at least.  Even the bugs on the ceiling have given up and left.

24 minutes ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

Anyone ever wonder what the point the reason why we are here just wondering 

Yes, quite frequently of late. Would it make any difference to anyone or anything if the entire Earth were instead a scattered bunch of atoms, say after being blown up by some massive force? Who or what would even notice?

Oh, and happy New Year to all! Or Old Year for those who've already had the new one.

Edited by anon22ae

1 hour ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

I don't think there is a reason and I don't think people are the most important thing to whatever created the world either.  I think we have to start there to try to figure this all out.  I could talk to people for a month straight asking them what is your favorite thing in the world.  I would be surprised if one person the whole month said people.  So why would our creator be different?  Maybe he didn't even think we might need a purpose.

Happy new year everybody. I'm grateful for this place and wish everyone well. I agree with sober4life, we have come through a very difficult year and that is an achievement. We are literally lucky to be alive! 

@cherryapplez2020 we are here because people can't stop having sex and because of that we have a world that has to be operated by people who may or may not be you depending on your ability to contribute or your ability to con the system and never lift a hand. Me I was born to work. Not to enjoy the Disneylands or beautiful destinations just work. To clean the bodily fluids off toilet seats beds and surfaces and to ring up the overpriced and processed foods that don't fill us up and taste horrible. I'm literally working so I can sleep in this bed and not under a bridge and that is the only reason I lift a hand.🤕😆

...so, this is 2021. I woke up with a lump in my throat and a feeling I could cry this morning. 

I don't know whether it's from relief at having survived or whether I'm just emotional in general, but I do know I desperately need Jane to hold me and not let go.

Feeling fairly good this morning.  Hoping it continues throughout the day.  Maybe I can avoid the sadness that usually takes over later in the day.  🤞

I just want to thank everyone here for their supportive and caring posts.  Reading some of the posts makes me truly believe there are some thoughtful people in the world.  💜

On 12/30/2020 at 1:12 PM, Deep blue said:

Like no one cares, but i already knew that. Like i just want to leave work so i can go home to drink myself to sleep. Like hopes and dreams are useless wastes of time. Like there's nothing left to do but sleep forever 

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a few days so I could comment before this. I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I'm usually in a similar mode, though I quit drinking 2.5 years ago now. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be here typing this message.

Are things looking up at all now?

On 12/31/2020 at 8:29 AM, sober4life said:

I'm very happy today.  Why?  I see so many of my friends here are tough as nails and they have made it through this impossible year.  That's why.  I'm so proud of you all that I'm crying typing this right now!  We're so strong!  We made it through this year!  Nothing can stop us! :buttrock:

As you well know, you've helped me immeasurably to get here. I seriously wouldn't be around if you hadn't helped me get out of the damned bottle. So yeah, Happy New Year to you and all of the rest of us winners here at DF.

My one wish for the year is that we all get healthy!

Edited by JD4010

On 12/31/2020 at 10:51 AM, Yayarenea said:

I struggling so much I have no idea what to do I dont feel suicidal like ill do anything I just wish I was dead everyday for months now. I go to counseling and take medication and that helps but I still just wish I was dead

Well, I'm happy that you aren't dead and are still here with us instead.

I know the "wishing I was dead" feeling all too well...as do many of the others here. It sucks. But please keep posting here...we want to know how you are doing!

11 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for a few days so I could comment before this. I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I'm usually in a similar mode, though I quit drinking 2.5 years ago now. If I hadn't, I wouldn't be here typing this message.

Are things looking up at all now?

I think I was in the same mode myself even though I never really thought about it.  At the end at least I drank to get back to bed.  The good days back then were the days I was in bed by lunch.  It's sad though.  What kind of life was that but what kind of life is this?😒

On 12/31/2020 at 1:04 PM, Nightjar said:

I do know how expensive it is. Holy moly! I can tell you I'll be spending more on her food than mine from now on but I will, it's fine. Things will be very, veryy tight but I'll do it for her ❤️

I've got three kitties who are all on the special food.  Two of them have both had urinary problems many times.They eat wet food and I mix a little water in to keep things flowing. I don't feed the third kitty (a stray my daughter recently found) anything separate so he gets to eat the special food as well. They go through a lot of the food but if I can keep them healthy, it's of course worth it.

18 hours ago, cherryapplez2020 said:

All of the time, actually. What makes us (or anything else) alive? What animates us? It seems to be a force or something.

21 hours ago, samadhiSheol said:

I'll be happy with neutral. 

Or happy. 

Whatever, New Year, people.

For us, "neutral" is a large upgrade from our usual mode. If I could never have to plumb the depths of depression and despair again, I would be perfectly happy to live out my life in the state of neutral.