Lindsay

How do You Feel Right Now? #12

12 hours ago, Depressedgurl007 said:

Sigh didn’t we go through this 4 years ago n after the results came out, even more people fall into depression? 

And now history repeats itself.

Yes, except it seems a lot worse now. Often there is no more "agreeing to disagree" anymore. Each side thinks the other is irredeemable or even evil. People actually wind up hating each other, breaking off all contact, even getting violent.

I was afraid the uncertainty would remain, and this unfortunately came true. Ugh. Who knows what's in store now.

Yeah we've all been through a nightmare most of the year that we all just want to end.  Our votes for whoever is just a way to try to make that nightmare end.  We all just want a good life and we want things to go back to normal.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:14 PM, 1966michigan said:

I guess it depends on where you live and what insurance you have. My psychiatrist said that in office infusions are covered, but the nasal spray is not. I don’t have anyone to drive me to those appointments, so I’m getting the nasal spray tomorrow and it’s $99 from a compounding pharmacy in the US.

i hope it helps you...let us know how it was..

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm more sure this is hell every day.  I've hated every single second of my life so far!  I can't wait for this to be over!

I'm so sorry you feel this way right now. 

Don't worry, I won't say "it will be fine" or "everything will get better" because I hate hearing that when I'm having a bad day.

Maybe just try to get through today. 💜 hugs 💚

38 minutes ago, BlueCycloBlog said:

I'm so sorry you feel this way right now. 

Don't worry, I won't say "it will be fine" or "everything will get better" because I hate hearing that when I'm having a bad day.

Maybe just try to get through today. 💜 hugs 💚

Thank you I think the first 2 sentences are permanent for me at this point.  I don't want to be gone from this world anymore though.  Real life though I'm a totally different species from people at this point.  I must be.  My thin connection with them is permanently severed.  The rest of this "ride" will be alone.

3 hours ago, JD4010 said:

...except for Wall Street, the banks, and the war industry.

You're right.  I actually thought about this post my entire walk.  You brought me back to my senses.  There's a good chance I would have offed myself if I didn't see this post to be honest.  I know how does this give you hope you ask.  It doesn't.  It puts my mind back into perspective.  Looking at the whole election from top to bottom you're right.  This is always the answer.  There's no reason for me to get myself worked up over this because it was always over.  There was never anything I could have done to change things.

26 minutes ago, sober4life said:

You're right.  I actually thought about this post my entire walk.  You brought me back to my senses.  There's a good chance I would have offed myself if I didn't see this post to be honest.  I know how does this give you hope you ask.  It doesn't.  It puts my mind back into perspective.  Looking at the whole election from top to bottom you're right.  This is always the answer.  There's no reason for me to get myself worked up over this because it was always over.  There was never anything I could have done to change things.

One of the best things to happen to me was when I realized that politics is essentially theater, meant to distract us from the thievery and destruction that goes on behind the scenes. Politicians, especially the president, are installed, not elected. Keeping us distracted and at each other's throats means that we aren't paying attention to what is actually going on. And that's purely by design. Some very smart person once said, "If voting made a difference, it would be illegal." I'm too lazy to go look up who said that, but it certainly rings true.

Now that "I have no dog in the hunt," I have one less source of anxiety and stress in my life.

Edited by JD4010

9 hours ago, sober4life said:

There's no reason for me to get myself worked up over this because it was always over.  There was never anything I could have done to change things.

That's a good way to put it. I've felt the same. If only realizing this could alleviate the daily misery... but the pain is there nonetheless. It's sort of like torture, where knowledge only worsens the agony.

Yeah it's time for us to all have our own off the grid community somewhere.  It sounds like a dream come true.  It would work for a while at least until the government says hey that's a large group of people not paying taxes and shuts it down.

18 hours ago, JD4010 said:

One of the best things to happen to me was when I realized that politics is essentially theater, meant to distract us from the thievery and destruction that goes on behind the scenes. Politicians, especially the president, are installed, not elected. Keeping us distracted and at each other's throats means that we aren't paying attention to what is actually going on. And that's purely by design. Some very smart person once said, "If voting made a difference, it would be illegal." I'm too lazy to go look up who said that, but it certainly rings true.

Now that "I have no dog in the hunt," I have one less source of anxiety and stress in my life.

On a more general level, this is the very essence of humane interaction.  even if politicians have the best of intention(Yes, I know, but a few exist!), it all boils down to theatre and role play.

I read Johan Huizinga’s book Homo Ludens “ a while back, the book’s title could be translated as “Playful Human”.

My take of this marvelous book written in the 1930’s (and anyone who knows better, please correct me if I got it all wrong), was that all our cultural institutions and conventions in any given society at any given time have boundaries, rules and regulations, and modes of conduct we all adhere too. Life, in essence, is a game. Or various games interlinked with each other.

Thing is, we don’t always adhere to the rules and regulations and we step out of the “magic circle” to the chagrin of the establishment and establishment doesn’t like that. 

There is no love lost between me and the current president of the USA, but I think the main reason he is abhorred so much, especially outside of the USA, is he hasn’t stuck to the “game” of (western) president. 

Oh and “How do I feel..”

Roller coaster. Business as usual, in other words.

Edited by samadhiSheol

22 hours ago, JD4010 said:

...except for Wall Street, the banks, and the war industry.

And they are all losers, even if they don’t realize it.

Hahahahahahaahahahahaha

Oh and don’t  forget the Blessed Big Pharma. I’m sure they have the our best interests in mind. 

Our bank interests.

Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Edited by samadhiSheol

On 11/4/2020 at 1:48 AM, sober4life said:

I'm terrified because there is no empathy with anyone involved.  

You believe in 'empathy'? I don't know…that's like still believing Santa Claus or hope exist.

2 hours ago, iWantRope said:

You believe in 'empathy'? I don't know…that's like still believing Santa Claus or hope exist.

No I probably don't believe in the exact meaning of the word.  Sadly I think we're all just animals fighting for our lives in the jungle.  I was wrong when I said this was the final episode of their big tv show though.  The rest of the year will be a whole season that will end the day of the inauguration.  We'll all be focused on wanting our side to win as a distraction so they don't have to give us another stimulus check this year.

2 hours ago, BlueCycloBlog said:

I feel worried because I'm calm and okay at this moment.

That usually indicates I'm in the eye of the mental storm. 😒

I understand that.  The calm peaceful times should be good but for me those times are spent thinking what's coming next or what am I missing?  Surely something is coming.

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah it's time for us to all have our own off the grid community somewhere.  It sounds like a dream come true.  It would work for a while at least until the government says hey that's a large group of people not paying taxes and shuts it down.

Sounds good to me... except for the part about the government coming to "help." Since death and taxes are unavoidable, we might as well just pay the taxes so the government leaves it alone. I wonder whether anyone has actually done something along these lines. 

I was feeling pretty good today and then I stupidly went down to the mailbox.  Maybe that's the problem.  I should take a baseball bat to the mailbox like my neighbor and cancel the mail and turn off the phone because it's 99.9% telemarketers anyway.