Jump to content
Mark250

So Overrated

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, AloneGuy said:

Yes!  Thank you!  🙂 It's so rare to find anyone, anywhere, who thinks so.      

Yeah. Saying anything less that stellar about the Beatles is akin to farting in a full elevator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with The Beatles to an extent. Their music is aural wallpaper to me because I've been overexposed to them my entire life. I like the Magical Mystery Tour album a lot. Tomorrow Never Knows is cool, too. Their earlier material like I Wanna Hold Your Hand and Eight Days A Week makes me hurl. But they're like Elvis or Michael Jackson or even Madonna. They're so larger than life and were so influential that it's hard to say they're overrated even if I don't care much for them. 

I will throw in Frank Sinatra. I don't think that guy can sing for sh*t. I can't stand that "Great American Songbook" material, either, no matter whose singing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mind The Beatles, I have a greatest hits CD of theirs and find it enjoyable enough. My boss, however, does agree that they are indeed overrated. When it comes to overrated bands, a much bigger culprit for me is Oasis. I grew up in the 90s in Manchester and this band were utterly unavoidable. They were practically musical propaganda that if you didn't worship at the alter of Noel and Liam, like me, you'd be relentlessly subjected to social disapproval.

Bland, turgid, dreary, humdrum aural slop that everybody went nuts for. My first 'Emperor's new cloths' experience in life. In fact the whole Brit Pop scene was all rather underwhelming and no where near as vibrant and inspiring as it thinks it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Yeah. Saying anything less that stellar about the Beatles is akin to farting in a full elevator.

Don't care either way about the Beatles or Shania Twain.

But I must confess, since you brought it up. I have farted in a full elevator. Got out at the next floor and lmao... I should be ashamed but I'm not. I think I skipped my meds that day. Yeah, that's the excuse I'm going with...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

Don't care either way about the Beatles or Shania Twain.

But I must confess, since you brought it up. I have farted in a full elevator. Got out at the next floor and lmao... I should be ashamed but I'm not. I think I skipped my meds that day. Yeah, that's the excuse I'm going with...

Stop it you are ******* it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, In2deep4me said:

Don't care either way about the Beatles or Shania Twain.

But I must confess, since you brought it up. I have farted in a full elevator. Got out at the next floor and lmao... I should be ashamed but I'm not. I think I skipped my meds that day. Yeah, that's the excuse I'm going with...

I've done the same thing in an elevator.  I remember on the movie Liar Liar where Jim Carrey did that and got off the elevator and said it was me!  I need to do that one day.

Edited by sober4life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starbucks

I can make mine at home

Iced coffee (double strength coffee, ice, half n half, and Torani vanilla syrup)

Hot coffee (water, coffee ground, sugar/cream)

Frappe  (use a blender)

😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 9:23 AM, watalife said:

Starbucks
 

Amen! I have always considered their "special" coffee taste to be just like burned beans. Horrible. I've roasted my own beans and when I really screw up and burn them the coffee tastes just like Starbucks... 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Professional athletes.

Yeah they are really good at their job. They're making millions to play games.

Why do people "idolize" them? They're entertainers, just like move stars. That's all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 8:12 AM, watalife said:

Working for a living

 

You just won the internet for the year.

I call it "wage slavery."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, In2deep4me said:

Professional athletes.

Yeah they are really good at their job. They're making millions to play games.

Why do people "idolize" them? They're entertainers, just like move stars. That's all.

 

People idolize them because nine times out of ten they come out of nowhere and end up being millionaires.  It puts a belief in you that you can somehow do what they have done.  Charles Barkley is a tell it like it is person though and he's come right out and made fun of the fact that he's never had a real job and got rich by playing with a stupid ball.  Even he thinks it's ridiculous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 12:45 AM, watalife said:

•Life

•People

•McDonalds

•Sex

•Expensive clothing 

•Expensive restaurants 

•Moutain Dew

•At home washer & dryers

 

 

 

 

McDonalds and at home washers and dryers are underrated!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, AloneGuy said:

Yes!  Thank you!  🙂 It's so rare to find anyone, anywhere, who thinks so.      

And Paul McCartney in general!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The bachelor.

 

I just got home from a play place I took my youngest to. All the mom’s were grouped together, chatting about the bachelor. I want to scrub my brain from the crap I’ve overheard. I guess this is one time having no friends was in my favor.

Edited by Tid322

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tid322 said:

The bachelor.

 

I just got home from a play place I took my youngest to. All the mom’s were grouped together, chatting about the bachelor. I want to scrub my brain from the crap I’ve overheard. I guess this is one time having no friends was in my favor.

Yeah, exactly!  This whole "reality" tv thing has gotten so out of hand it's "ridiculous" tv now...  It's staged and put on so much it is far from reality. It's just noise and filler I can do without.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xanax. I was prescribed it for a short time and it had absolutely no effect on me. Based on my personal experience I can't believe it is one of the most abused and illegally obtained prescription drugs in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SqueezeWax said:

Xanax. I was prescribed it for a short time and it had absolutely no effect on me. Based on my personal experience I can't believe it is one of the most abused and illegally obtained prescription drugs in the world.

If anything they have an opposite effect on me.  They will make me manic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...