Mark250

So Overrated

What things do you all consider to be overrated? To start things off, some of mine include;

• Travelling
  • Elvis Presley
  • The Godfather films
  • The internet
  • Drunken nights out

•Life

•People

•McDonalds

•Sex

•Expensive clothing 

•Expensive restaurants 

•Moutain Dew

•At home washer & dryers

Edited by watalife

21 hours ago, sober4life said:

Lobster

Burger King

Vacation

Wings

I do agree with the vacations but not wings. No way no sir re bob 😅😊 every time I went on vacation I hated it, cried and wanted to go back to my home. It just feels awful 😓 never had any spending money either but I don't think it would much different.  Maybe it wasn't a vacation but I know it was supposed to be one. Can't go on any rides either because I'm afraid of dying but yet I hate to live 😣

3 hours ago, watalife said:

Kim Kardashian 

JLo

Of course they are awful.  People are complaining now when Donald Trump is the president.  Just wait for the day when Kim Kardahian is governer of California and Lebron James is president.  Donald Trump opened the door and now things like this will happen in this country.

Shows and movies about the paranormal.

I don't believe in the supernatural, so anything paranormal themed is boring to me. Paranormal Activity is one of the dullest movies I've ever seen. 

The Beatles (Yes, I said it!)

Honda automobiles

Apple/Mac computers (I use Linux operating system on an ancient HP laptop 🙂 ).

Every politician ever

37 minutes ago, JD4010 said:

The Beatles (Yes, I said it!)

Honda automobiles

Apple/Mac computers (I use Linux operating system on an ancient HP laptop 🙂 ).

Every politician ever

I agree with everything except for The Beatles.  I have 2 HP laptops both over 10 years old.  They're still going strong.

Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy

I get the idea that this is the bible for depressed people. Everything it has to tell just seems like common sense. I hate self help books in general. 

Shania Twain.

I don't dislike her, but I can't understand why she was so critically adored back in her prime. I can understand her commercial success--to an extent--but I can't fathom why critics fawned over her. That Come On Over is the bestselling album by a female artist of all time, and was so monstrously popular on a global scale, is mind blowing. The majority of that album is terrible. Up! is even worse. One of the worst pop albums ever, and it received raves on its release. 

10 hours ago, SqueezeWax said:

Shania Twain.

I don't dislike her, but I can't understand why she was so critically adored back in her prime. I can understand her commercial success--to an extent--but I can't fathom why critics fawned over her. That Come On Over is the bestselling album by a female artist of all time, and was so monstrously popular on a global scale, is mind blowing. The majority of that album is terrible. Up! is even worse. One of the worst pop albums ever, and it received raves on its release. 

She's what I call one of those shoo in celebrities.  The ones that are considered automatically great like Julia Roberts.  There would probably never be Emma Roberts without Julia Roberts existing but Emma Roberts is already better than her.

Now that I think about it @JD4010I agree with you about the Beatles.  Were they better than Led Zeppelin or the Doors of course not.  Really Elvis was very overated as well.

As far as the Shania Twain discussion goes is she really as good of a singer as Carrie Underwood, Demi Lovato or Danielle Bradbery?  Of course not!

17 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Now that I think about it @JD4010I agree with you about the Beatles.  Were they better than Led Zeppelin or the Doors of course not.  Really Elvis was very overated as well.

As far as the Shania Twain discussion goes is she really as good of a singer as Carrie Underwood, Demi Lovato or Danielle Bradbery?  Of course not!

I'm in full agreement! The one Beatles song I really liked was "Norwegian Wood." Otherwise, meh.