Film related people subjected me to defamation...

Rebecca Chambers

Basically, I live in Scotland, and I wanted to be a film extra, or gain some small speaking parts, in local independent productions. I've got a condition like Asperger's, and I'm not in the least bit good looking either, and I'm very thin, with glasses. In fact, I have no social life whatsoever, and I suffer from extreme anxiety. I'm also single.

Some actress blocked me on Twitter during 2016 after I felt offended over being blocked, for speaking my mind about something. Personally, I don't care about this woman at all, and I'd have moved on, if she hadn't been speaking about me in secret. But she has since been telling people not to include me in various films, and for some 3 years in a row, this has occurred. And don't ask me how I know this, but I just know she is the perpetrator. This is very upsetting, not to mention, frustrating.

Last year, I paid money on a site called Indiegogo for a perk involving an upcoming horror film. One of the people who dislikes me is involved with producing that film, which I did not know about until recently. The director then gave me the cold shoulder on Facebook for ages before spilling the beans, and now the guy directing it isn't giving me a part in the movie, because his producer knows that actress, and numerous other people have slandered me as well. He said he will continue to block me, but I'm supposedly going to receive a refund. I've lost out on being in other feature (and short) films since 2016, all because that actress slandered me back then, and she knows a lot of people in the Scottish acting community, which obviously doesn't sit well for me.

I didn't have much in the way of proof before, as it kept on going on behind the scenes, so it was hard to verify it was her doing it. Then last year, three guys who bothered me on YouTube over Resident Evil related nonsense, did a live stream with me, accusing me of things, and then they randomly talked about her. She also got them to air screenshots. Not long after that, I mentioned these people in a video, although it was just very briefly. The next thing I know, I'm appearing in court after a police interview took place (following police bail) and then they tried to get me locked up because one of the people I mentioned (because she admitted that she contacted him, and I was angry) - is actually a former 80's pop singer, who has a non-harassment order in place, and I was jailed in 2018 for breaching that order. Essentially, I made "death threats" and even the pigs said I was just saying that. So I reckon the PF is just picking on me.

Furthermore, I kept breaching multiple court orders many times in the past, regarding a few former support workers who worked for an autism agency, and an ex-boyfriend of one of them, even though when I contacted them, it was usually to offer an apology.

That was quite the ordeal. The commotion all started because we fell out years ago over something daft, after other people purposefully stitched me up, and they knew I was infatuated with them too. It's a long 7 year story, but the long and short of it, is that the company I depended on to help me, just chewed me up and spat me out. The ladies had asked to be removed as my support workers. The bosses lied and said they were still down to support me. After being remanded in jail for becoming so irate, I was not allowed into the supported accommodation, and many months later, the manager asked me to declare away my tenancy by signing my name on what was a blank sheet of paper. Isn't that technically illegal? Now my criminal record is pretty much overkill, and the non-harassment orders got extended to 10 years in 2018. After reading up about this, it seems this stuff will remain on my record until they reach the expiration period.

It ain't fair, because all I did was lash out when people mocked me, or betrayed me. Then all these other people began picking on me too, so my acting ambitions have gone down the chute, and the court has like a year to deal with this matter, according to the rules. You're not able to take up defamation cases on legal aid, though. That's why I'm beat. What else can I really do? My lawyer said it will cost thousands to attempt to sue these people. The thing is... I cannot get a part as an extra in Hollywood type films that get shot in my neck of the woods either, as they request a DBS check. Mine is blootered with charges over similar situations, so there's no point in bothering any longer. Is there? And it appears as if I'll have to keep taking the heat for reacting to being defamed. It's a deplorable situation overall.

Edited by Rebecca Chambers

Thanks.

All I did was tell her that another extra had a bad experience working on the film. The next thing I know, after already being outed from the extras group on Facebook, I was blocked for nothing on this person's Twitter profile. Later on, somebody also sent me posts about things these people said. Like, one of the people who said to call her number if there was a problem, complained because I went to the venue and called her a total of once, not knowing they simply postponed the shoot. They sent an email about it. I'd gone to bed early, so I missed it. She made me sound like some unwanted creep.

I gave up using survival horror forums at the end of 2019 too - with a few exceptions. Many users on gaming message boards are among the very worst online. People go to their worst place online. Even though I'm 34 and I still like those sort of games, I see no need to chat with airheads online about them any more, as they even made an Encyclopedia Dramatica entry about me, stalked me, slagged me off, and everything. No game is worth all that abuse. The same with being a measly extra in a film few people will ever watch...

13 minutes ago, Rebecca Chambers said:

I gave up using survival horror forums at the end of 2019 too - with a few exceptions. Many users on gaming message boards are among the very worst online. People go to their worst place online. Even though I'm 34 and I still like those sort of games, I see no need to chat with airheads online about them any more, as they even made an Encyclopedia Dramatica entry about me, stalked me, slagged me off, and everything. No game is worth all that abuse. The same with being a measly extra in a film few people will ever watch...

Oh my yes, some of the worst things I have seen on the web are on gaming forums. The words "toxic sludgepool" come into my mind. BTW, I'm 45 and enjoy gaming, although I have always been more in the RPG end of the spectrum. 😉 

Nazis are obviously bad, but I played one in a movie I produced last year, and the film looks like it will be a good laugh. It should be out this summer. And I would have posted a link to the trailer, but I kind of have to watch what I'm doing online now, as my activities can be traced.

I appeared in two feature films before that. At least I can say I gave acting a crack. But all the slandering and stress has greatly overshadowed these accomplishments. 

Unfortunately, I don't think you can stop people from saying things. It's just the way networking goes. Maybe it's time to put acting behind me, even if it doesn't feel right.

• 3 months later...

It sounds like you have alot of personal issues with yourself. Once you deal with these issues, opportunities you work out for you and you wont run away from them because of the negative belief of self. Believe in yourself and love yourself, you are unique and flawless as a person. There is only 1 you in the entire world.