BB33

3rd week of Wellbutrin

Hey guys,

i have been suffering from depression and anxiety for years and I finally decided to start taking an anti depressant. I’m on my 3rd week, first two weeks I was on Wellbutrin XL 150, and on my 3rd week I started Wellbutrin XL 300. Barely experienced any negative side effects , maybe a few bad mood swings but that’s about it. Anyway, how long does this take to kick in? Is it possible it won’t work for me? Can anyone tell me what to expect once it starts working?

Any info would be helpful.

thank you 

1 hour ago, BB33 said:

Hey guys,

i have been suffering from depression and anxiety for years and I finally decided to start taking an anti depressant. I’m on my 3rd week, first two weeks I was on Wellbutrin XL 150, and on my 3rd week I started Wellbutrin XL 300. Barely experienced any negative side effects , maybe a few bad mood swings but that’s about it. Anyway, how long does this take to kick in? Is it possible it won’t work for me? Can anyone tell me what to expect once it starts working?

Any info would be helpful.

thank you 

I took it for about a year and a half, it did  help to calm me down and to give me a peace of mind.  It

normally take about 4 to 6 weeks to really begin to feel the full affect. I wish you nothing but the best my friend

Three weeks? Give it time. The most difficult piece for this ordeal with anti-depression meds is the wait. There is absolutely nothing you can do about rushing things along. Yes, it is possible for it not to work but time is the only answer. There certainly are other meds for you to try - each with their own set of side effects - you'll have to choose which of these you can live with and what others are simply too difficult.

Three weeks on Bupropion might begin to show its positive face and you might begin asking yourself if this is as good as it gets - again, time is the answer.

I wish I could say there is another route but as far as I know you've got to see things through regardless of the med. Bupropion will get you to an acceptable normalcy when its working. It won't get you high but it will work to keep you on an even keel. Personally, I wish there was a magic pill, perhaps there already is, but I'm sure if you took it you might not recognize yourself. I think it's better this way, however torturous it may be for you. I wake up every day hoping to feel better than the last but, honestly, I never can find that elusive answer.

I take Bupropion XL 150 once a day.

Hi BB33! Glad to see you are trying something to help with your depression. I currently take 200mg of Bupropion immediate release. Honestly, I would at least wait a good 4  more weeks to see if you feel differently. One reason I say this is that I always experienced "startup" effects form the Bupropion at 300mg. But these "start up" effects fade away from me. Example of effects for me were increased libido and energy. These usually last about 1-2 weeks for me, then go away. So be aware of that is all I am saying, not that that will happen. And also, it might happen and you stay feeling energized all day, everyday. I hope so!

I would add, t hat I have had treatment resistance depression since 2011 (but thankfully I'm responding to a combination of meds at the moment) so I might not be a good example of the average user taking anti-depressant, many benefit from it. But if you don't respond, realize it's perfectly normal and you need to try something else. Let's hope you respond to it though! I wish you good luck, Bupropion has literally no side-effects  for me so I think of it as one of the good AD's. 🙂