Hi everyone.

I am a new member, only subscribing today but have read topics and posts on this forum before. Thought it was time to get a little involved and contribute positively if possible. Just a little about me  - Im Jonathan ( Jon) , 30 from the UK and I work in a retail role within the Charity sector. I have a keen but amature interest in mental health issues and psychology. I have studied a little with the Open University and am a aspiring writer. On a more personal note, I have battled a range of mental health issues since I was 15. This includes sleep difficulties, social avoidance disorder, depression, anxiety, suicide ideation ( And one real attempt - thankfully a failed one, many years ago) and addictions - Painkillers, Benzos, Z-drugs etc. All at different times and most recently Diphenhydramine. I have experienced a range of medical treatments - medication and various forms of counselling. While I continue in my journey of recovery and overcoming, I am hoping to draw on the experiences and insights of others, while sharing my own.

Many thanks for reading,

Jon,

From across the pond, welcome to our forum family.

We are all here for each other.

Our goal is to not leave anyone behind in their deep, dark, dangerous depression cave.

My motto is : DESPAIR not/REPAIR a lot.

We look forward to seeing your posts and insights.

Oscar

4 hours ago, Jon Morgan said:

Hi everyone.

I am a new member, only subscribing today but have read topics and posts on this forum before. Thought it was time to get a little involved and contribute positively if possible. Just a little about me  - Im Jonathan ( Jon) , 30 from the UK and I work in a retail role within the Charity sector. I have a keen but amature interest in mental health issues and psychology. I have studied a little with the Open University and am a aspiring writer. On a more personal note, I have battled a range of mental health issues since I was 15. This includes sleep difficulties, social avoidance disorder, depression, anxiety, suicide ideation ( And one real attempt - thankfully a failed one, many years ago) and addictions - Painkillers, Benzos, Z-drugs etc. All at different times and most recently Diphenhydramine. I have experienced a range of medical treatments - medication and various forms of counselling. While I continue in my journey of recovery and overcoming, I am hoping to draw on the experiences and insights of others, while sharing my own.

Many thanks for reading,

Jon,

Welcome to the forum and I'm looking forward to talking with you real soon

Hi @Jon Morgan, glad you decided to introduce yourself and join our support community. 

I believe a strength of online communities is in the diversity of experiences - life journeys, mental health conditions, treatments received and perspectives on them. As more positive conversations are popping up in the media in the US and UK, I'm optimistic that more people suffering from mental health related conditions will step into the light, reach for love/compassion to find it's been waiting for them all along. 

Thank you for joining us in that shared purpose!