Make Your Life Count For Something Good

Floor2017

I grew up very poor and very misunderstood.  People didn’t think much of me and my family and even worse my family didn’t understand me either.  I was a outcast among outcasts.  Some how it fuel ⛽️ me to prove them all wrong.  I was mostly in my life a solo walker among the people all surrounding  me.  I only have but one reason for my success in life and that is my Faith in something much greater than myself and all of the people in the world.  My Higher Power, my Savior and my God.  I’m not trying to change anybody I’m just relating my story how a confused little boy in a world that always seemed alone in a big world around him.  

I can’t count the times I wanted to die but something inside of me just wanted to help other hurting people, who was worse off than myself or who was just as hurt as I used to be.   My whole point to me sharing my testimonies is that “ Your Life Matters to the World Around You”.  Be blessed my friends.

To a lesser extent, I and my family were also outcasts. I didn't find out until I was much older, but it turns out nobody thought my parents would still be married after 30 years. Then when both their sons were born legally blind (20/220 in both eyes), not just the extended family predicted my and my brother's failure in life, but people in the agencies and systems that develop children (school, after school programs, and so on) were predicting our failure too.

To this day, I'm not sure my parents made the right choice telling me about just how much the odds were against me and our family. On the one hand, it's empowering to look up at my Bachelor's hanging on my wall, my black belts tucked away in my drawer, a couple choir trophies on the shelf, and say to myself "And I'm just getting started". On the other hand though, when the pits of despair trap me, and I remember all the predictions about me, and I look at my brother who sadly dropped out of college and still has no way to sustain himself, I begin to wonder if they were right and everything has been just a fluke so far. I'd keep fighting out of spite though. Anything to prove myself right. It took a very good friend I met on this forum to show me that spite was corrupting me though. That I was no longer pursuing success because it's what I really wanted, but because I was angry at people for doubting me. It added an extra layer of pressure that was crushing me at the time.

I don't know if I'll ever be as confident in my purpose as Floor2017 sounds. I hope I can be, whatever that purpose is. I can't deny I feel a certain calling when it looks like I can help a person in need though. There were other factors that contributed to my feeling like an outcast, but that's all I wanted to say for now. Shine on everybody.

1 hour ago, psycholuigiman said:

To a lesser extent, I and my family were also outcasts. I didn't find out until I was much older, but it turns out nobody thought my parents would still be married after 30 years. Then when both their sons were born legally blind (20/220 in both eyes), not just the extended family predicted my and my brother's failure in life, but people in the agencies and systems that develop children (school, after school programs, and so on) were predicting our failure too.

To this day, I'm not sure my parents made the right choice telling me about just how much the odds were against me and our family. On the one hand, it's empowering to look up at my Bachelor's hanging on my wall, my black belts tucked away in my drawer, a couple choir trophies on the shelf, and say to myself "And I'm just getting started". On the other hand though, when the pits of despair trap me, and I remember all the predictions about me, and I look at my brother who sadly dropped out of college and still has no way to sustain himself, I begin to wonder if they were right and everything has been just a fluke so far. I'd keep fighting out of spite though. Anything to prove myself right. It took a very good friend I met on this forum to show me that spite was corrupting me though. That I was no longer pursuing success because it's what I really wanted, but because I was angry at people for doubting me. It added an extra layer of pressure that was crushing me at the time.

I don't know if I'll ever be as confident in my purpose as Floor2017 sounds. I hope I can be, whatever that purpose is. I can't deny I feel a certain calling when it looks like I can help a person in need though. There were other factors that contributed to my feeling like an outcast, but that's all I wanted to say for now. Shine on everybody.

Wow, I do admire you my friend and I'm sure that you are making quite a difference in the

people lives that you come across.  I do agree with you that even though we have accomplished

so much, we sometimes do allow our passed to trip us up from time to time.  Be blessed my friend.

Floor 2017