Sign in to follow this  
Bill1957

I really need some encouragement

I have had a longterm history of depression but about two years ago, after a kidney transplant, anxiety became almost crippling.  Over the last six months, I have tried Zoloft and Trintellix with no improvement.  I switched from a nurse practioner to a psychiatrist who now has me on 10 mg of Lexapro as well as 0.5 mg of Klonopin three times a day.  I am fearful of developing a dependency on the Klonopin, but I have been unable to manage my anxiety without it.  I am a college professor by trade and I struggle to get through my classes each day.  Since starting the Lexapro, my anxiety has worsened, which I understand is a common side effect for the first two week (I'm on day 9).  I'm looking for stories of success with Lexapro and suggestions of how to deal with the resultant increase in anxiety.  I'd also like to  hear from anyone who has been on Klonopin and if they had any dependency issues with it.

Bill

Hey, I bring you nothing but hope and the light at the end of the tunnel.  I started Lexapro two

times a day on 10mg and Buspar 5mg twice a day,   The first couple of days I really

couldn't tell much but by the first week I begin to feel much better and then Buspar 5mg

was added to my treatment plan because the Lexapro started wearing off after twelve hours

on my job but with the two working together I'm feeling more confident than ever.  I believe that I can

do so many things that I couldn't do earlier because of my anxiety and depression that was keeping

me down and preventing me from doing the things that I used to enjoy.  I pray that your situation

begin to change for you and hopefully real soon you will be posting of your great recovery that

you are experiencing.  By the way I have been taking my medicine for about a month now.

Thanks so much for your encouragement.  Did you anxiety worsen when you first took lexapro.  My psychiatrist has me on Klonopin and it has me worried about building up a dependance. 

..well I don't have good experience with klonopin (I developed dependency pretty quickly) and antidepressants, it's not without risk and it's hazardous to take benzos daily long term. But I want to encourage you there are natural ways how to cope with depression and anxiety:)

Edited by Mikayla
..it was too long