George11211

My life is pathetic

Everyone has something good for them. Talent, respect, money, work ethic. I’ve got NOTHING. 

this has been what’s making me depressed so many years.  Being a nobody and having nothing. I was the loser in school, the awkward guy in the background at parties and at work. I have no money because I’ve been hit with so many financial atrocities. I have no talent in any areas of my life and can’t relate to anyone. You best believe I’ve never had a relationship, sex, etc. it keeps getting worse for me and the ones I love. I just feel like a shoe mat for the universe and a garbage can for the world to dump its problems into. Good doesn’t become of people like me. Sadly not everyone’s ending is happy. Lots of people have their success stories but I think I’m a lost cause. I think I have to accept the fact that I’m just going to wither away and die in a tragic manner. 

11 minutes ago, George11211 said:

Everyone has something good for them. Talent, respect, money, work ethic. I’ve got NOTHING. 

this has been what’s making me depressed so many years.  Being a nobody and having nothing. I was the loser in school, the awkward guy in the background at parties and at work. I have no money because I’ve been hit with so many financial atrocities. I have no talent in any areas of my life and can’t relate to anyone. You best believe I’ve never had a relationship, sex, etc. it keeps getting worse for me and the ones I love. I just feel like a shoe mat for the universe and a garbage can for the world to dump its problems into. Good doesn’t become of people like me. Sadly not everyone’s ending is happy. Lots of people have their success stories but I think I’m a lost cause. I think I have to accept the fact that I’m just going to wither away and die in a tragic manner. 

Wow, I'm so sorry to here this.  But everyone, has something that they are good at or ok

with.  You are probably, overlooking it and not giving yourself much credit for your gift

or talents.  It just like me I'm good at smiling and listening to other people problems

and speaking encouraging words to others.  It might not seem like much to some but

to me it is what I'm good at.  Hang in there my friend and I'm hoping and praying that

you will soon find yourself.

Everyone has value and promise here in our forum.

We are here for each other no matter how grim any situation might be.

Every person can do some re-inventing of themselves.

DESPAIR not/REPAIR a lot.

George, I feel like I know where you're coming from but let me tell you. When I was 11 I was diagnosed with a neuromuscular disease and at age 12 went blind and have been suffering from severe depression ever since with many suicide attempts. I'm far from having any talents and I constantly feel like there is no good in me. But a few years ago I stopped focusing on myself and started focusing on others and I found that we all as human beings do have a purpose, we can do what we can to help others and just get out of ourselves. You want a rewarding life then seek to help others and forget about what's so wrong in your own life because believe me there are many others a lot less fortunate than you and me. I do know how you feel, do take a chance and step out into the world where so many others need you. Be good my friend

I know the feeling. Being forever damned to walk the line of two worlds. One of lustrous luminous aspirations, and the other of disheartening obscurity. A spawn trapped in the fabrics of reality. Reaching for a world without sight. Screaming without a voice upon deaf ears.

The only thing one can do is create meaning and purpose. Then act to validate that meaning and purpose.

Edited by legacy6364

That's a familiar feeling to me as well. I'm afraid I'm short on solutions, though maybe it helps to know that others are in the same boat. Not that I'd want anyone to stay in that boat.

One other thing that helps a bit is along the lines of @legacy6364's comment regarding meaning and purpose. Maybe there's something we could do to help this world and others living in it, as trite as that sounds. Many say that their children are their life in this context, though that's inapplicable to me (probably will never happen). In any case, I have hope that something will come along, even if this grows dimmer with each day.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:40 PM, quentin360 said:

George, I feel like I know where you're coming from but let me tell you. When I was 11 I was diagnosed with a neuromuscular disease and at age 12 went blind and have been suffering from severe depression ever since with many suicide attempts. I'm far from having any talents and I constantly feel like there is no good in me. But a few years ago I stopped focusing on myself and started focusing on others and I found that we all as human beings do have a purpose, we can do what we can to help others and just get out of ourselves. You want a rewarding life then seek to help others and forget about what's so wrong in your own life because believe me there are many others a lot less fortunate than you and me. I do know how you feel, do take a chance and step out into the world where so many others need you. Be good my friend

You hit the hammer 🔨 on the nail because that’s what changed my life for the good when I quit focusing on myself and started looking to help others who are worse off than I am