MikeG

Bupropion and Me

Hello. It took me a while to put this into words, that Bupropion has helped, and how. The important revelation actually is pretty simple: All those 'things' that were bothering me, getting me down, continue to exist. What I've gotten from taking Bupropion is learning to resign myself that most of these concerns that always seemed to have ended up as a negative effect on my every day living are things I can do nothing about. I've resigned myself to the fact that they exist, that there is nothing I can immediately do about any of them, and with that I am able to deal with the more closer and personal confrontations in my life. Resigning myself to accepting the presense of what's beyond my control has actually relieved me of a huge burden I was waking up to every morning and trying to battle without success.

Once that burden was lifted I was able to dive into the inner circle of personal depression and work on it. Bupropion has worked tremendously and I'm sure I wouldn't have reached this point or been capable of writing about it without its help. So how has it helped me? I'm able to communicate more openly and, perhaps more importantly I find that I am more accepting of others. They're not on the attack upon me any more. Improving sleep has been slow but certainly getting better. Libido and all that goes along with it also seems to have heightened.

I'm content.

The hardest part, for me and I expect most others, is having had to wait for Bupropion ( as with other medications) to work, do its thing. There simply is no rushing the schedule.

I take Bupropion XL 150, every morning.

I'd like to hear from you, what you think about this as well as your approach to feeling better.

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

Hello. It took me a while to put this into words, that Bupropion has helped, and how. The important revelation actually is pretty simple: All those 'things' that were bothering me, getting me down, continue to exist. What I've gotten from taking Bupropion is learning to resign myself that most of these concerns that always seemed to have ended up as a negative effect on my every day living are things I can do nothing about. I've resigned myself to the fact that they exist, that there is nothing I can immediately do about any of them, and with that I am able to deal with the more closer and personal confrontations in my life. Resigning myself to accepting the presense of what's beyond my control has actually relieved me of a huge burden I was waking up to every morning and trying to battle without success.

Once that burden was lifted I was able to dive into the inner circle of personal depression and work on it. Bupropion has worked tremendously and I'm sure I wouldn't have reached this point or been capable of writing about it without its help. So how has it helped me? I'm able to communicate more openly and, perhaps more importantly I find that I am more accepting of others. They're not on the attack upon me any more. Improving sleep has been slow but certainly getting better. Libido and all that goes along with it also seems to have heightened.

I'm content.

The hardest part, for me and I expect most others, is having had to wait for Bupropion ( as with other medications) to work, do its thing. There simply is no rushing the schedule.

I take Bupropion XL 150, every morning.

I'd like to hear from you, what you think about this as well as your approach to feeling better.

How long did it take for the Bupropion to kick in.  I just started it a couple of days ago 

Hello: Thanks for checking in. "kick in" is different for everyone - but - I'd say on average 2 weeks you should begin to feel some difference in yourself and how you approach each and every day. This would be a good indication that the Bupropion is beginning to work. Remember, you want to get back to some sort of normalcy, and not be so elated and goofy that you might act like a clown. If you sense a "difference" in yourself then that's a good sign. But as I wrote, there is absolutely nothing you can do to rush the effects along. Four weeks is a better indicator and by week six you'll note a definite difference in your frame of mind. Give it time, the hardest part of taking the meds, for sure. By the way, what dosage are you on? Talking to someone, anyone, me or another, always helps.