Bad news good news

cherryapplez2020

10 minutes ago, Devlinkyla said:

Bad news 

my best friend has cancer and doesn’t even have a year before he passes away😔

good new

a friend that always wanted kids is going to have 3 babies at once this year😊

Wow, Dev.  Unbelievable.  I’m so sorry to hear about the diagnosis that your friend got.  😔

But the news about the babies is awesome!!!

Such emotional extremes, wow. How's your mood in light of the sad and joyous news? I'm sorry your best friend was given a terminal diagnosis. What are your thoughts about what to do with the time that your best friend has, ways to say goodbye?

10 hours ago, Atra said:

Such emotional extremes, wow. How's your mood in light of the sad and joyous news? I'm sorry your best friend was given a terminal diagnosis. What are your thoughts about what to do with the time that your best friend has, ways to say goodbye?

Am doing very good 😊I haven’t thought about it but I don’t live close to him so I guess just bug him every day 😂and try to be there for him as much as I can be but not liveing close to him makes it hard 👎 he’s not even talking to me at the moment witch I understand he’s been seeing friends and family to tell them the bad news 😞I feel bad to that I feel so good but its how am dealing with all the bad things that happened and is going to happen my doctor said it happens this way at times and that it might just all hit me at once witch am not looking forward to but that’s life

Doing ok today.  Not all that bad.  I went to that first job interview today.  #1, I’m not that interested in the position, and #2, not sure how well it went, but because of my lukewarm interest in the job itself, I’m not all that concerned with how it went.

Not very depressed today.  A little.  I am struggling with some fear though.  Because of a lot of the mistakes & screwups I’ve made, I’ve not been able to contribute as I need to financially to my ex-wife & kids.  I have such guilt, shame & fear surrounding the whole situation that I’m so often terrified by calling the kids.  I haven’t been doing it regularly, because of that tremendous fear I have.

So ashamed that I almost can’t bear it.  Fear often keeps me from calling them, and that makes things even worse.  I have guilt & shame on top of guilt & shame that it just makes it even more difficult to call.  Sounds like such a small thing but it’s tearing me up & I really don’t know how to get beyond it.  It overwhelms me.  The only thing I know to do is simply to begin calling despite how afraid & ashamed I am of the situation.  😔

On 1/30/2020 at 11:41 AM, Devlinkyla said:

Bad news 

my best friend has cancer and doesn’t even have a year before he passes away😔

good new

a friend that always wanted kids is going to have 3 babies at once this year😊

Wow, those are two huge slices of news. I'm incredibly sorry about your friend, but very happy for your other friend. Don't beat yourself up about feeling happy, though. Your best friend knows you care, and wouldn't want you not to celebrate the good news while you mourn the bad.