Spiffyfirefly

Bupropion SR 100 mg once a day?

Ok so I was recently switched to lexapro 20 mg (2months - ish ago) for anxiety and depression. It has helped a bit but not enough so my doctor has added bupropion SR 100 mg but only once a day.(only been on it a few days... can’t tell a thing)  
Does that dosage make sense?  Will it work effectively that way?  I do have a problem sleeping. I take trazodone for that.  But maybe that’s why the once a day?  Anyway thanks for any help given! 

Sorry I’m slow!  
thanks for your response, makes sense. 
as for how I’m responding to it. I think it is helping mood wise but it’s really making me groggy with headache in the eye area. I’m hoping it will pass. 

I take 300mg of the stuff. It actually is activating for me so I take it in the morning. Maybe taking it at night could help, but it is sustained release which is why you only need to take one a day, in theory. 

I don't remember any grogginess or headaches, but I have always gotten a lot of headaches so maybe I just didn't notice. 

I do believe the side effects will abate with time.

Shyfelyne, 
Do you take the SR or the XL?  I am taking the SR which is extended release but is only 12 hrs and I’ve only been put on one a day. At the moment I have, when I’m taking it, all messed up!  Had to take my mom to the er the other morning so I didn’t take it. Can’t drive while groggy!  Then I switched it to evening but it seemed to make me anxious all night so I switched it back to morning. Stupid I know. 
I see the dr on the 10th. I’ll leave it as is until then I guess. I’m feeling rather iffy tonight. Anxiety and crying. 

14 hours ago, Spiffyfirefly said:

Shyfelyne, 
Do you take the SR or the XL?  I am taking the SR which is extended release but is only 12 hrs and I’ve only been put on one a day. At the moment I have, when I’m taking it, all messed up!  Had to take my mom to the er the other morning so I didn’t take it. Can’t drive while groggy!  Then I switched it to evening but it seemed to make me anxious all night so I switched it back to morning. Stupid I know. 
I see the dr on the 10th. I’ll leave it as is until then I guess. I’m feeling rather iffy tonight. Anxiety and crying. 

Oh yeah. I forgot that SR was different than the extended release. I think I have always been on the XL. Hopefully, the side effects dissipate. I really don't remember any side effects-at least bad ones. Definitely have to take it in the morning, but it doesn't and never has made me groggy. Maybe the trazodone (sp?) is interacting with it somehow. I have taken that for help sleeping in the past. I was not impressed with the results. Anyway, I'm definitely no expert.  Have the side effects abated at all yet?

Bupropion is advertised as a 'stimulant', not stimulating. I'd ask about the trazodone if you feel groggy during the day. Because of other medical reasons I can't take any sort of med for sleeping but from others I've heard that they almost never wear off on schedule as you might expect. I take bupropion (XL 150) early a.m., peak is about nine hours +-, which helps throughout the day. Personally, once a stable level of Bupropion is in your system the mixture of Trazodone and Bupropion doesn't make much sense. I'd give the B more time to work.  Please remember this is ONLY my personal opinion, and you know what that's worth.