Floor2017

What’s Next

We have gone through so much throughout the years but now we have come to a point in our lives where we want something different.  So, I ask the question what next for our lives.  Only you can answer that question for yourself.  I wish you nothing but the best as you move forward in 2020.

that's a really helpful question to ask, 'what's next.' i guess for me, it'll be trying to figure out how to balance my ideal with reality. like, i'm really impulsive & i think if i do certain things (quit my job, try to move, etc), they'll give me some peace, but i need to slow down and think through my actions more slowly, and realize that things won't automatically solve problems. that should be my goal for this year. 

10 hours ago, colcat said:

that's a really helpful question to ask, 'what's next.' i guess for me, it'll be trying to figure out how to balance my ideal with reality. like, i'm really impulsive & i think if i do certain things (quit my job, try to move, etc), they'll give me some peace, but i need to slow down and think through my actions more slowly, and realize that things won't automatically solve problems. that should be my goal for this year. 

That’s a really good goal to have for yourself in 2020

10 hours ago, Tears_Always said:

Try and put myself back together....

I totally understand and whatever you do take your time in putting yourself back together because there maybe a few bumps in the road but don’t you quit on repairing your life for the good

1 hour ago, jkd_sd said:

Thanks for the question.  I assumed I knew my answer to this but really do not.  This will help me do some honest, careful thinking about what I really want.

I’m glad to know that the question will help you to begin to organize your life the best you can under the current circumstances.  Be blessed my friend 

for me it is to continue what i started last year, i'm going to continue expressing how i feel and not holding everything in as a secret to me and not caring if it makes people feel uncomfortable, i mean how do they think it makes me feel constantly

2 minutes ago, BeyondWeary said:

I'm going to enjoy my new job and have a positive attitude, living my live just a day at a time and not worry about what might happen.

BW

I need to do that myself.  I was listening to a radio show and they said would you at 13 be proud of who you have become.  To a point.  I used to live in the moment and realize yesterday and tomorrow don't matter and it's what I need to do again.  If I went back to being fearless in the life I have now like I used to be my younger self would be proud of me.

12 hours ago, BeyondWeary said:

What about you, @Floor2017?

Thanks for the encouragement!

BW

Well I’m starting to accept the things that I cannot change and to concentrate on the things that I can.  Like having a positive attitude and not allowing others to withdraw from my happiness and to deposit their spirits of negativity.