You can do it

Floor2017

For everyone, who has been having some really tough times trying to overcome the set backs in your life.  It is doable but you have to gradually piece your life back by inch by inch until you can be at a place that you can tolerate on your own terms and nobody else’s.  I know because I’m having to piece my life back together inch by inch until I can become the person that I am comfortable with being as I live from day to day.  It can be accomplished but you will have to fight your mind and your body to overcome the lack of will power you might be experiencing right now.  I call it the inner strength that lies within you that all of us possess in our heart.  Be blessed my friends and I hope nothing but the best for all of you.

"Inch by inch" immediately made me think of a ruler.

A ruler makes me think that we must somehow take command of our psyches and metaphorically "rule" and sometimes "overrule" ourselves .

Maybe we need to periodically, metaphorically rap our knuckles with a ruler.

Personally I'm always trying to invoke clever and powerful (or as I like to say "cleverful" )metaphors to strategize and trick myself outside the depression abyss.

Oscar (The DESPAIR not/REPAIR a lot guy)

2 hours ago, Oscar K said:

"Inch by inch" immediately made me think of a ruler.

A ruler makes me think that we must somehow take command of our psyches and metaphorically "rule" and sometimes "overrule" ourselves .

Maybe we need to periodically, metaphorically rap our knuckles with a ruler.

Personally I'm always trying to invoke clever and powerful (or as I like to say "cleverful" )metaphors to strategize and trick myself outside the depression abyss.

Oscar (The DESPAIR not/REPAIR a lot guy)

That’s exactly what I’m saying you have to find ways to help get yourself out of a bad place 

I think society often makes us feel powerless. Maybe that's how "they" want it.

I have a friend who went "off grid". He and his wife are doing great. They do not live an extravagant life by any means, but they are happy and seemingly non-stressed. That is something I should be striving for.

1 hour ago, JD4010 said:

I think society often makes us feel powerless. Maybe that's how "they" want it.

I have a friend who went "off grid". He and his wife are doing great. They do not live an extravagant life by any means, but they are happy and seemingly non-stressed. That is something I should be striving for.

Everyone used to live that way before technology.  I would love to be back in the 1800s where I had my own farm on my own land and I never saw anyone.

20 hours ago, sober4life said:

Everyone used to live that way before technology.  I would love to be back in the 1800s where I had my own farm on my own land and I never saw anyone.

I totally understand and people got along better with each other and respected one another privacy 

19 hours ago, iWantRope said:

You also have to work with insufferable, nitpicky perfectionists all the time?

Yes. But my former boss, who was the worst, finally retired. The interim boss is not nearly as bad as he was. The mood of the place has brightened as a result.

Thanks @Floor2017. I admire your consistency with positive messages, that can't be easy after the medical procedures you've endured. I always appreciate reading your hopeful posts though regretfully I don't always let you know. 

Gradually piecing a life back together, that rings true to me. For myself, real change is slow, sometimes imperceptible until I reach a point where I can see how far I've come. The realization I've been heading towards a destination the whole time thinking I've been going nowhere.