My friend Dave is gone.  I’m numb yet miserable.  Hell, I was numb yet miserable anyway.  Now I feel lost & apathetic.  Most of you knew him as @MarkintheDark.  He became an extremely close friend of mine.  I love him dearly & now he’s gone.  I know this sounds monotonous & devoid of emotion.  I’m just blank right now.  This is not how things are supposed to happen.

I'm going to say something before I lose my nerve (I'm terrible at these things).

I'm deeply sorry to hear this. I didn't know him that well, but what was going on with him is just devastating. I'm so sorry you have to go through this now. Now is the extremely hard part for you...but you can overcome this! You and everyone close to him are in my heart right now and I send my deepest and sincerest condolences. Like I said, I'm really bad at this. I couldn't even talk to one of my friends after her brother was killed. It's just really hard for me, especially with someone I know. But if I've learned anything from that experience it's that I need to say at least something. I truly hope this something is somewhat of meaningful to you. Hang in there! Stay strong! Dave would want it that way. 

He certainly helped me and supported me.  He was an amazing friend to me.  I fully believe in life there are angels that come along to help you through the parts you can't get through on your own.  He was one of those angels in my life.  I love you man!  I'm crying my eyes out right now.  I hope you're at peace and I hope you know how much you meant to me and everyone here.  You were an amazing man and an inspiration to me.  God I'm going to miss you so much!😭

Oh God. This is such sad news. I loved Mark. At least we know that he is no longer suffering. There is no more suffering for him now. And that thought will bring me some peace.

Wishing peace to all of you who loved and knew him here. He helped me so much and he helped a great deal of others. 

Mark, I'm glad you are at peace now. Thankyou for all that you did for me. I hope it was peaceful for you before you went and I will never forget you. I will speak of you often :hearts:

Nightjar 

11 hours ago, adamrparr said:

My friend Dave is gone.  I’m numb yet miserable.  Hell, I was numb yet miserable anyway.  Now I feel lost & apathetic.  Most of you knew him as @MarkintheDark.  He became an extremely close friend of mine.  I love him dearly & now he’s gone.  I know this sounds monotonous & devoid of emotion.  I’m just blank right now.  This is not how things are supposed to happen.

I'm so sorry Adam.  I'm glad that he had your support before he left us. He needed every bit of support he could get. Thankyou for being such a good friend to him. Love to you and love to Dave. I will never forget him. He meant a lot to me. 

On 1/11/2020 at 8:12 AM, adamrparr said:

I’m so sorry. This is heartbreaking but at least he is at peace now. I’ve always admired Mark for his strength and he had an impact in my daily life. A great soul has been lost. Thank you @adamrparr for being his friend, though you might be feeling lost now, I hope he has given you the strength to keep going. Life can seem so short sometimes  :sniffle1:

Edited by Depressedgurl007

On 1/10/2020 at 6:12 PM, adamrparr said:

Just hearing about this.... I"m so sorry, adam. :console: How did you find out what happened to him?  He has helped so many people here... Feel like I just watched a fellow soldier get hit every time this happens....

I just came on here tonite after a very, very, very bad week of jury duty.   There are some people I seek out because their posts have help me in so many way.  Markinthedark  was one of those people. 

Rest in Peace and I know you have found the peace you have been searching for,😢

Thank you @adamrparr for sharing this sad news and I know we will all miss Mark.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:12 PM, adamrparr said:

I feel for you so much! Many of us felt close to him as it is since he was such an active member that really took the time to hear others out and help us ease our pains anyway he could. I can only imagine how you feel since you were even closer to him. Hope that you feel better soon and just know he truly did a positive impact on many of us here. Hope it helps to know he is at peace now. So much love to you and everyone here struggling. We're a community that feels the pain together. 

6 hours ago, iWantRope said:

He's in a better place than us now…

@20YearsandCounting out of respect, should his threads be closed?

I don't know.  His threads still being active means that he lives on in some way. His wisdom lIves on in those posts.  I certainly wouldn't want to see his photos taken down. He put them there so that his loved ones would be remembered. Let's not have a discussion about this here though. That would be disrespectful I think. Of course if a mod takes action it is their call. Let's leave it there ok? 

Edited by Nightjar