Sign in to follow this  
duck

Complex PTSD

A friend of mine who knows me well told me I have complex trauma.   I am wondering if anyone can relate.  Many events in my life has caused me to become ill.   He wants me to see a therapist who specializes in this area.  He know one who he sees regularly and he can ask her to see me.  

Of course I can relate.  I have had symptoms of PTSD since childhood where unbelievably horrible things happened and it's been one awful thing after another ever since.  I will always believe terrible people are the reason I'm sick.

I say this not to minimize your feelings and perceptions, but I believe the whole country is in a state of PTSD.  Those who have trauma around the past may have even deeper wounds and be more vulnerable to not only their own pain, but the double whammy of emotional instability with what's going on in the world. 

I'm grateful to have found you all, and that we're here to help one another.  PM me if you want to talk one on one; if not, I will "follow" you through regular channels.

WOTL

On 12/30/2019 at 4:05 AM, sober4life said:

Of course I can relate.  I have had symptoms of PTSD since childhood where unbelievably horrible things happened and it's been one awful thing after another ever since.  I will always believe terrible people are the reason I'm sick.

You are absolutely correct.  If people were good we would be fine.  

13 hours ago, womanofthelight said:

I say this not to minimize your feelings and perceptions, but I believe the whole country is in a state of PTSD.  Those who have trauma around the past may have even deeper wounds and be more vulnerable to not only their own pain, but the double whammy of emotional instability with what's going on in the world. 

I'm grateful to have found you all, and that we're here to help one another.  PM me if you want to talk one on one; if not, I will "follow" you through regular channels.

WOTL

Thanks for posting.  I will PM you when I need your support 🙂   I am happy you are back posting. 🙂 🙂 

How are you doing down there?  We have snow but so far our winter is mild. We had only one day where the temps went down to 0F.  

On 12/31/2019 at 7:07 AM, duck said:

Thanks for posting.  I will PM you when I need your support 🙂   I am happy you are back posting. 🙂 🙂 

How are you doing down there?  We have snow but so far our winter is mild. We had only one day where the temps went down to 0F.  

Hi, Duck!  Same here.  One snow a couple of weeks ago, minimal cold.  🥴

I was diagnosed with complex PTSD a year or so ago.  I have multiple traumas and am retraumatized over and over again.  There are some great forums that deal with it and also have sections for depression and anxiety, etc...  If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you the info!  

9 minutes ago, rhyl said:

I was diagnosed with complex PTSD a year or so ago.  I have multiple traumas and am retraumatized over and over again.  There are some great forums that deal with it and also have sections for depression and anxiety, etc...  If you're interested, pm me and I'll give you the info!  

I honestly never thought there was any hope for me on these issues.  I would be interested in those other forums if you don't mind pming me the info.  I have to do something before this ruins my whole life.

21 hours ago, sober4life said:

I honestly never thought there was any hope for me on these issues.  I would be interested in those other forums if you don't mind pming me the info.  I have to do something before this ruins my whole life.

I tried messaging you, but got a message back that you are unable to receive messages.  Let me know if this is a setting or something you can fix.

22 minutes ago, rhyl said:

I tried messaging you, but got a message back that you are unable to receive messages.  Let me know if this is a setting or something you can fix.

It should work now.  My inbox was full.