Physical pain

rhyl

I am pretty sure I have posted on this already, but I can't find the thread.

The depression I experience is severe most of the time.  Nothing helps long-term; the most I can hope for is a few moments here and a few seconds there.  I'm trying to manage a cat with lymphoma and one who is 16 and seems to be declining.  Very limited finances, a therapist who I love but who is not really helping me anymore, physical stuff that I can't get treated because I can't afford it. You get the picture.

Everything is an issue right now, but the chronic, physical pain is the worst.  I have fibromyalgia, which has all kinds of pain and other symptoms that go along with it.  I also have low back pain, which makes walking and sitting and lying down really hard.  That and the pain I get from occipital neuralgia (which is left side of neck, up the left side of my head, and sometimes into my eye) makes functioning nearly impossible at times. 

I'm so tired.  But more than anything, I can't understand how there can be any point to all of this.

Rhyl,

Physical pain can be so terrible.  I have awful pain in my knees but I am sure I am not suffering anything like you are. I wish I had some wisdom to offer but sadly all I have are empty platitudes.  I've followed your posts for a long time, Rhyl and they have helped me to keep going.  Don't know what else to say that would not be just words.  So so sorry, Rhyl !    - epictetus

Daily, severe head pain for the last 2 weeks.  I tried to get an estimate for a consult for a doctor that could determine if a cervical block would help, but nobody - not the doctor's office, not the insurance company - would provide it.  When I touched base with my neurologist, explaining the situation and asking if there were some other medical options, he told me no one was required to provide me cost prior to being seen.  I mean...seriously???  I wouldn't buy a car without checking the price, why would I submit to medical treatment without knowing how much it will cost?  So...back to just dealing with it.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Of course it's outrageous.  They should have to do that in every aspect of health care.  Say wait a second it's going to cost this if you do this.  Are you sure?  If they did though health care would be gone in no time. 

Very true.  I don't think people even think about what they allow of the health care system, financially and, even more so, with consent,