Looking for a pharma for generic prozac that works was on brand then teva now tried aurobindo and sun not even close to same with 2 previous pharma just mentioned does anyone know of a generic prozac that works would appreciate any input by the way name is Cindy nice to meet you all thanks God bless 

Hi and welcome to the Forums, Cindy.

I don't know why the generic Prozac products haven't worked for you.

Have you discussed this with a psychopharmacologist or licensed pharmacist?  What does your physician say?

It is awful that you are not being helped ! ! ! 

I don't know, but I think a registered pharmacist would know which manufacturers make generic versions of Prozac.  So sorry you are in the situation you describe.

I think there are perhaps many members on the Forum who have experience with Prozac in brand and generic versions and I hope you get responses from them. 

Most of all, I hope you find help!

- epictetus

6 minutes ago, Epictetus said:

Hi and welcome to the Forums, Cindy.

I don't know why the generic Prozac products haven't worked for you.

Have you discussed this with a psychopharmacologist or licensed pharmacist?  What does your physician say?

It is awful that you are not being helped ! ! ! 

I don't know, but I think a registered pharmacist would know which manufacturers make generic versions of Prozac.  So sorry you are in the situation you describe.

I think there are perhaps many members on the Forum who have experience with Prozac in brand and generic versions and I hope you get responses from them. 

Most of all, I hope you find help!

- epictetus

My pharmacist explained to me that sometimes generic will not work on certain people, especially those who are sensitive to medication or changes to drugs..

Hi and Welcome. I have taken the generic Fluoxetine  (Prozac) for  years.  It worked well for me.  Also check the posts in the medication section on the forums.  I hope you can find a solution here. There a lot of people here who understand what you are going through.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:32 AM, CynthiaSiwek said:

Looking for a pharma for generic prozac that works was on brand then teva now tried aurobindo and sun not even close to same with 2 previous pharma just mentioned does anyone know of a generic prozac that works would appreciate any input by the way name is Cindy nice to meet you all thanks God bless 

Hi Cindy! Welcome to the Depression Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that the medication isn't working for you. I haven't had any real experience with prozac compared to a lot of other medications, but I do know that the generics don't always work for me, which is a shame. You could be sensitive to drugs, like me, and as others on this thread have pointed out, this can affect how it works for you. I wish I could help you more, but you should be able to find others here to advise you. I hope you keep posting, because the forums here are a friendly, caring and non-judgmental community!

Unfortunately there are no authorized generics (equivalent to brand-name) for fluoxetine. It's probably going to be a crap shoot as to finding a generic that works for you. I actually didn't even know they made brand-name Prozac still. Interesting.