FerryJerry

People I know just don’t seem to care

I posted on Facebook that I am struggling badly with my mental health and why and not a sing message or reply or word of encouragement

I am struggling because of family issues, because life has got hard and my partner and I are ill. My teeth are falling apart because I feel too mentally ill to do anything about it and I don’t see life getting any better, I try to stay alive and carry on for other people, not for me because I am ready to leave this world, I can’t hurt those I love by leaving them behind.

Our cats are getting me down because they keep breaking in to food containers and ruining both our food and theirs and today they did the same to the rabbit food and the kitchen roll and they knocked the trash everywhere and I’ve had enough of our gone looking like a trash heap because they keep acting up and we are both too ill to tidy. They get plenty of food but I can’t sit and eat in peace without them trying to put a paw or a tail in my food and my parter did that Too then by encouraging them to have tip bits. I said no but I am not listened to in our relationship.

the time I can cope is if I take my drugs and drown everything out. The only happiness I get now is, eating ice cream and playing games and sleeping, even then it doesn’t always work.

last night I was badly triggered and wanted to hurt myself, I ended up screaming and being held until I went to sleep. I’ve been struggling with my bank card and the bank beens super slow and sending me a replacement since there was a transaction I didn’t authorise so they stopped my card and sent me a new one, that was well over a week ago and I can’t gain access to money until it arrives so I am fed up of everything.

Wow. I'm sorry things are sucking so badly for you.

Facebook is weird in many ways. People react (or don't react) almost randomly it seems to me. I noticed that if I post something that's not "upbeat", I get very few replies or "likes". But if I post a funny gif or whatever, suddenly I have 20 likes. Human nature I guess.

My place looks like a dump. I can't muster the energy to clean it and keep it that way. I'm exhausted from work and trying to keep my daughter afloat.

I stopped doing Facebook a long time ago.  All it is is a place where everyone can brag about how great their lives are and most of it is lies or at least an exaggeration.  I've always been the town idiot in every town I've ever lived.  There's never been anything good to say about my life.

7 hours ago, JD4010 said:

Facebook is weird in many ways. People react (or don't react) almost randomly it seems to me. I noticed that if I post something that's not "upbeat", I get very few replies or "likes". But if I post a funny gif or whatever, suddenly I have 20 likes. Human nature I guess.

A huge part of the Facebook problem is the algorhythem. I think that it prioritized the dumb meme shit and deemphasizes anything real. It can certainly make the world seem even colder than it is - because when you get real - no on seems to react. 

16 hours ago, JessiesMom said:

A huge part of the Facebook problem is the algorhythem. I think that it prioritized the dumb meme shit and deemphasizes anything real. It can certainly make the world seem even colder than it is - because when you get real - no on seems to react. 

That's how it is in real life though.  When you get real no one reacts or even pretends to care unless it's specifically about them.

I'm sorry you are struggling with so much,  FerryJerry. 

I don't know if I could handle the situation you are in without ending up in the hospital.   Stress really wipes me out. 

I wish I knew what to say to help.

Hope things get better for you somehow!

- epictetus

1 hour ago, FerryJerry said:

I’ve had enough of Facebook so I think I might leave Facebook. It does get me down a lot 

I should do the same. But I just got "tapped" to be an admin for a group I belong to. Fortunately, it's small and the members are all friendly.