Sign in to follow this  
SailingSoul

Cant stop thinking abt my status

First i want to say my baby is 2 months well he will be by next week. 

I love him more than anything. I even started planning his 1at birthday like where I want it to be at and stuff.. But looking into the  future makes me think of my status having hpv. 

( Please don't judge me) 

But im likely to have hpv in 3 places; and afraid of having cancer of the throat, cervical cancer and rectal cancer... And during my pregnancy they said they could see genital warts.. However now after my 6 week post partum check they didnt see anything.. 

I just get depressed thinking I could die a year or 2 from now. I get depressed bc i want to see my son grow. I wanted to change my life and live on my own. All my life Ive been in hotels or 1 bedroom apartments with 6 people(family) sharing a space... 

Id just hate to die in my situation never having a place of my own. 

Thinking of it now makes me wsnt to cry.. 

Especially as Im waiting on my nurse practioner to tell me if my recent pap was normal or not....and even if it isnt. I need to be tested in the remaining areas. 

Idk i feel sad. I love my baby and don't want to leave him anytime soon. Then my parents are old if anythinf happened to me... I just dont know what would happen to him.

Edited by SailingSoul

I hope everything turns out ok.  Just don't worry about things until there is something for sure to worry about.  I want you to be the wonderful mother I always thought you would be too and by reading your post it sounds like you are.  Just enjoy the wonderful moments with your baby and worry if there is something for sure to worry about.  You said they didn't see anything at your 6 week post partum check.  Just try not to worry and be happy with your baby.

Knowing is better than not knowing, because now you and your doctors know what they need to watch for. 

A few pieces of information may help to alleviate your anxiety. For example, did you know that something like 80 of women and men will get HPV at some point in their life and most of them are able to fight off the virus naturally? Also, there are more than 100 strains of HPV, and only 15 of those are considered high risk for further complications? 

It is known that having this virus can increase your risk of some kinds of cancer, but only a small percentage of people with the virus will end up experiencing those cancer. It is a little like saying that having a backyard pool increases you chance of drowning. It is true, but it is not the whole story. I mean, if even 50 percent of people who have backyard pools drowned - no one would even think of installing a pool ever again. 

You anxiety is totally understandable. You have just had a huge change in your life and worrying about the future is totally natural. 

3 hours ago, JessiesMom said:

Knowing is better than not knowing, because now you and your doctors know what they need to watch for. 

A few pieces of information may help to alleviate your anxiety. For example, did you know that something like 80 of women and men will get HPV at some point in their life and most of them are able to fight off the virus naturally? Also, there are more than 100 strains of HPV, and only 15 of those are considered high risk for further complications? 

It is known that having this virus can increase your risk of some kinds of cancer, but only a small percentage of people with the virus will end up experiencing those cancer. It is a little like saying that having a backyard pool increases you chance of drowning. It is true, but it is not the whole story. I mean, if even 50 percent of people who have backyard pools drowned - no one would even think of installing a pool ever again. 

You anxiety is totally understandable. You have just had a huge change in your life and worrying about the future is totally natural. 

I would also like to add that the HPV that causes genital warts is not cancerous. I worked with OB clinics for a few years and learned this from the doctors. Genital warts may be annoying but they are treatable and not deadly. Like above, most people have HPV and it is more likely to not be cancerous. 

Good to hear from you again and glad that you have a two month old son whom you love. Sorry you are so worried. I agree with what has been said already and hope you can just enjoy the present with your son. 

BW

18 hours ago, Tid322 said:

I would also like to add that the HPV that causes genital warts is not cancerous. I worked with OB clinics for a few years and learned this from the doctors. Genital warts may be annoying but they are treatable and not deadly. Like above, most people have HPV and it is more likely to not be cancerous. 

I have my results in. I have 2 high risk strains of cancer.... The warts came bc of the hormones( pregnancy) 

Ive been crying since i read that. I have no clue what to do. I feel so bad, which is an understatement, i dont know what to do with my life.  

I feel horrible for possibly leaving my mom with a son to raise if i dont pull through. Then my son without a mom. 

Right now i want to spend as much time as possible with him but i dont want to be a burden on my mom and need a place for my baby and me to stay. 

I just feel stuck right now.

22 hours ago, JessiesMom said:

I have the high risk strands. Found out today. I don't know what to do... 

Is it possible to fight off the high risk strands?  

Edited by SailingSoul

1 hour ago, SailingSoul said:

I have the high risk strands. Found out today. I don't know what to do... 

Is it possible to fight off the high risk strands?  

This is quoted directly from national cancer institute .gov:

A type of human papilloma virus (HPV) that can cause cervical cancer and other types of cancer, such as cancers of the anus, V*****, vulva, penis, and oropharynx. Most high-risk HPV infections go away on their own without treatment, and do not cause cancer. Also called high-risk human papillomavirus.

I hope this helps alleviate some anxiety.

Edited by Tid322

14 hours ago, Tid322 said:

This is quoted directly from national cancer institute .gov:

A type of human papilloma virus (HPV) that can cause cervical cancer and other types of cancer, such as cancers of the anus, V*****, vulva, penis, and oropharynx. Most high-risk HPV infections go away on their own without treatment, and do not cause cancer. Also called high-risk human papillomavirus.

I hope this helps alleviate some anxiety.

Thanks.