Sign in to follow this  
JustAnotherSufferer

"The best cure for stress is physical activity"

I know my PE teacher knows well but she has no clue how it feels with severe anxiety that makes your whole body and muscles hurt (plus stomach pains). Not even exercise can help, it only leaves it hurting more, even my father who never wants me taking a day off says so. 

I can’t convince here so I’ll have to suffer today : (. 

Don't beat yourself up, JustAnotherSufferer.  :hugs: 

There really is no 'one size fits all' solution to our mental health struggles. It's become one of my pet peeves when people spout that sort of stuff, because it can make people feel like failures for not being 'helped' by something that does not fit them in the first place.

Anxiety is horrible to deal with.  We each need to find our own way forward.  What has helped someone else may not help you, and that is okay.  Remind yourself of that.

Also, it may sometimes take time and repetition to find things that work - what works one day may not work the next day. 

There is quite a lot of mental self awareness required to deal with anxiety.  Being aware not only of what triggers your anxiety, but finding things that have even the smallest effect on it can be daunting. 

Have faith in yourself, and in your ability to find something that works for you.