I am a university student, my studies are harder. My sibiling have schizophrenia, as I love her very much and our family is a small family we affected emotionally as well as economically and socially.

I feel like always in sadness. I don't know whether it's depression or not. I am sad mostly. Not showing interest in any activities. Recently I don't even like to eat also.

I need some methods to feel alive. I have a crush on a girl, but feared to talk because of the fear of denial.

Can anybody help me to feel alive. I just feel like a deadbody.

I am too emotional, and sorry for my bad English.

8 hours ago, Nilan said:

I am a university student, my studies are harder. My sibiling have schizophrenia, as I love her very much and our family is a small family we affected emotionally as well as economically and socially.

I feel like always in sadness. I don't know whether it's depression or not. I am sad mostly. Not showing interest in any activities. Recently I don't even like to eat also.

I need some methods to feel alive. I have a crush on a girl, but feared to talk because of the fear of denial.

@Nilan, I applaud your courage and honesty! 

I would talk to other girls than the girl you have a crush on.  Talk to as many people as you can so you know that there are other options.  Rejection hurts less than never had tried.  And there are many stories of people who quit very close to the finish line. 

Love and accept yourself as your are but keep polishing yourself. 

And if you are too emotional, I would give yourself safe distances from women.  As for your crush, you are attracted to your idea of her not the actual her.  Imagine her picking her nose or something so that she is not so much up on a pedestal. 

It is nice to meet you, Nilan.

I had no problem understanding your English.

University can be so difficult. 

Having a crush on a girl can make it more difficult.  At least that was my experience.  

The illness of depression can cause many of the things you mentioned  -- sadness, lack of interest in any activities, loss of appetite.   Have you discussed what you are going through with a licensed physician? 

There are some books that might be helpful for you but I am not sure they are available in your native language.  If you are interested I can share the names of the some of the books and authors that helped me a lot.

I hope you will find these Forums to be of some use to you.  They have helped me a lot.

I wish I knew what else to say.  It is heartbreaking that you are suffering ! ! !   - epictetus

Welcome! Sounds to me like you are dealing with depression. It is a hard illness to live with. I found it very helpful to see a therapist to help me work through my issues and get support from someone who understands. This site is a great place to get support also as well as find people who understand. Hope you keeping reading and posting. You are not alone in this. 

BW

On 11/25/2019 at 2:26 AM, Nilan said:

Hi Nilan, it's great to meet you!

University is very difficult, so I'm not surprised that the other stresses in your life are making it harder.

It's very difficult to see someone you love suffer, so it can't be easy to worry about your sister all  the time. This is especially true if your family is also struggling economically and socially.

It definitely sounds like you could be depressed. Feeling sad all the time, not being interested in anything, and not wanting to eat are horrible experiences. I definitely recommend therapy with a good therapist, to talk through why you feel this way and try and find solutions. Therapists are, in my opinion, the best help, as long as they're good, you get on with the therapist, and it helps you personally. (Everybody is different, after all!)

I understand needing to feel alive. I also understand that crushes can be hard, and that fear of denial is very powerful. I think that if you mainly want to go out with this person to feel alive, it may not be a good time to start a relationship. However, if you really like her even if you didn't feel depressed right now, then perhaps it's worth considering.

Your English is fine! I understand it all and I know it's harder to write clearly while emotional. Nobody judges here! We want to help each other on the forums.

18 minutes ago, MargotMontage said:

Hi Nilan, it's great to meet you!

University is very difficult, so I'm not surprised that the other stresses in your life are making it harder.

It's very difficult to see someone you love suffer, so it can't be easy to worry about your sister all  the time. This is especially true if your family is also struggling economically and socially.

It definitely sounds like you could be depressed. Feeling sad all the time, not being interested in anything, and not wanting to eat are horrible experiences. I definitely recommend therapy with a good therapist, to talk through why you feel this way and try and find solutions. Therapists are, in my opinion, the best help, as long as they're good, you get on with the therapist, and it helps you personally. (Everybody is different, after all!)

I understand needing to feel alive. I also understand that crushes can be hard, and that fear of denial is very powerful. I think that if you mainly want to go out with this person to feel alive, it may not be a good time to start a relationship. However, if you really like her even if you didn't feel depressed right now, then perhaps it's worth considering.

Your English is fine! I understand it all and I know it's harder to write clearly while emotional. Nobody judges here! We want to help each other on the forums.

I do agree with you my friend.  I would also say that if you can not afford a therapist it would be good to talk to your school counselor or talk with your local church.  Personal Life Coaches is also good along with Motivational Speakers to help uplift your spirit.  I wish you nothing but the best as you move forward with your life 

On 11/25/2019 at 2:26 AM, Nilan said:

Hi Nilan! It's been a while since you posted, so I was wondering if you're ok? :hugs:

Edited by MargotMontage