I WANT TO RECOVER

Charlee

I want to recover from this bs. I cant live like this anymore, getting so depressed that I don't want to live anymore, the other night as I was driving home from work and I was mentally writing my suicide note. I don't want to **** myself but my mind is that ****ed up right now that that is where its going! like what the ****?! HELP. My anxiety is through the roof, I'm scared of talking to new people at work, I'm scared of talking to new people anywhere, I am terrified of anyone and everything, I can't live like this anymore. I'm so over it! I'm over being scared, I'm over being so low, I am just so over this and I want a way out. I don't know how to get better, I don't know how to help myself. I do not know what to do. 

We hear you friend.

We are here for you any way we can be.

Depression plays the most awful tricks on our psyches and we can and must be clever with powerful metaphors right back.

It is possible to metaphorically anchor oneself outside the depression abyss.

There is no good reason to be lost and trapped within oneself.

Maybe this post doesn't help but we do wish to offer support to all our deeply troubled members.

Oscar

It sounds like depression and anxiety are teaming up on you - which is terrible and I'm sorry you're having to fight through these symptoms daily. Have you found anything that helps you cope with either the anxiety or depression? 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:05 PM, Atra said:

It sounds like depression and anxiety are teaming up on you - which is terrible and I'm sorry you're having to fight through these symptoms daily. Have you found anything that helps you cope with either the anxiety or depression? 

I’ve decided to come off my SSRIs because I think they are making me worse, so that should help the depression (hopefully) and I’ve only just been prescribed lorazepam for anxiety, so I hope this will help because I don’t know what else to do, I’ve not been coping very well the last few months 😢 thanks for the support ❤️

On 11/26/2019 at 5:45 AM, Charlee said:

I’ve decided to come off my SSRIs because I think they are making me worse, so that should help the depression (hopefully) and I’ve only just been prescribed lorazepam for anxiety, so I hope this will help because I don’t know what else to do, I’ve not been coping very well the last few months 😢 thanks for the support ❤️

Should you talk to your Dr. ?  Maybe a change of medicine will help ?  Just curious.  I am not on meds but think I should be at times.  Its hard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 3:52 AM, MSC71 said:

Should you talk to your Dr. ?  Maybe a change of medicine will help ?  Just curious.  I am not on meds but think I should be at times.  Its hard.

I did talk to him, but I told him straight that I wanted to come off these, that they are making my mind have intense chaotic and suicidal thoughts so yeah, and he didn’t prescribe me anything thing else but I did I wasn’t going to take them anyway, I just look my last one today, and no crazy intense thoughts anymore or no wanting to **** myself. Those drugs were making me go insane and I am never ever taking an SSRI or other antidepressant again 

I know how you feel.  Medication made me worse.  When they say it's not for everyone they mean it.  I never once thought about suicide until I started taking medication.  I won't blame it all on meds and doctors.  I've been through hell in life.  The bottom line truth is they put you in a very scary dangerous situation.  It's terrifying what can happen to us when they mess with our brain chemistry.  

• 6 months later...

It does make alot of sense. The way way to beat depression is very simple to understand but it can be alot harder to put into practice. Well that is some people and not me because I do believe it is possible to beat depression, i beat it myself. Only negativity beats negativity. 

On 11/23/2019 at 9:18 PM, Charlee said:

I want to recover from this bs. I cant live like this anymore, getting so depressed that I don't want to live anymore, the other night as I was driving home from work and I was mentally writing my suicide note. I don't want to **** myself but my mind is that ****ed up right now that that is where its going! like what the ****?! HELP. My anxiety is through the roof, I'm scared of talking to new people at work, I'm scared of talking to new people anywhere, I am terrified of anyone and everything, I can't live like this anymore. I'm so over it! I'm over being scared, I'm over being so low, I am just so over this and I want a way out. I don't know how to get better, I don't know how to help myself. I do not know what to do. 

Face your fears, and overcome your anxiety. Anxiety is based on false pretences. Once you address the anxiety you will find out find that what made you anxious is the true bs.

What I find most helpful in times of panic is simply to practice breathing meditation, due to its inherent simplicity. Other types of therapies or treatments can make you panic even more due to how complicated it is. I can do that when I’m more in a sad mood. If I’m in a more panicked mood, it’s very hard.

Here’s how to do it.

1. Focus on your breath.

2. Stay with that focus.

3. Breathe deeply slowly through the belly.

4. Release air from the nose.

5. Accept that you can’t focus 100% well. That, or accept that you can’t accept it. The point is not to focus completely on the breath, but to distract yourself well enough away from your worries that you’ll feel, if not calm, somewhat less anxious than before. 

6. Keep repeating this process for as long as you need — beginners recomend 10 minutes a day, and if you really can’t, 5 minutes would do fine. 

Optional : Relaxing music online, such as Soothing Relaxation on Youtube, helps.

The point of meditation is not to make things complicated, but simpler. Sometimes we need to calm down first, at least enough to think, to be able to figure out a solution. So this helps.

Grounding techniques also help. You can find a list online if you look. One basic grounding skill is focusing on the sensory environment around you, to bring attention away from the worries. Try to state what you see, what you hear, and what you touch. Sometimes, you can really savor the taste or smell of something. Don’t judge the situation too much. Just observe. Perhaps that’ll calm you down enough to come to your senses.

Writing down your feelings also helps during panic. Don’t filter it. No one else has to see it. Sometimes writing things down is enough to calm down. Bringing awareness to your feelings itself is enough to calm. It’s like having a candle in a dark room, it brings light to a situation.