Natasha1

Lonely Hiker's What Are You Looking Forward To? Thread #3

Just now, sober4life said:

You would like Amish Country.  There's a place with every kind of cheese you can imagine with free samples of everything.

I've always wanted to visit Lancaster county and see them doing their thing 😊 

20 minutes ago, hocico said:

I've always wanted to visit Lancaster county and see them doing their thing 😊 

I've never been to Pennsylvania Amish Country.  I'm talking about Ohio Amish Country.  If you like food you will find some of the best food on earth there.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Except maybe when i can get out of this hell. Leave the planet. Then all will be fixed. 

He even took away my love of Christmas now. For those who dont know me or know me well, thst is a HUGE DEAL snd something i thought was impossible.

Nothing.

I'll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my family this year.  It won't be easy though, since I have limited use of my right arm which refuses to heal from an elbow injury.  But I love to cook, I love cooking for other people, I love turkey and all the trimmings...so regardless of my arm, I can and will do it 🙂  I'm really looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, AloneGuy said:

I'll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my family this year.  It won't be easy though, since I have limited use of my right arm which refuses to heal from an elbow injury.  But I love to cook, I love cooking for other people, I love turkey and all the trimmings...so regardless of my arm, I can and will do it 🙂  I'm really looking forward to it.

I would love to be able to do it but I don't have any confidence in cooking the turkey.  I helped mom do it one year and it was a fall off the bone turkey because it was loaded with butter.  More than likely my Thanksgiving dinner will be something like homemade pizza.

57 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I would love to be able to do it but I don't have any confidence in cooking the turkey.  I helped mom do it one year and it was a fall off the bone turkey because it was loaded with butter.  More than likely my Thanksgiving dinner will be something like homemade pizza.

That's cool homemade pizza is good too.  Yeah turkey can be tricky for sure, especially the massive ones that most stores sell.  What I'm going to do this year is look for two small ones, like under 10 pounds if I can find them.  The smaller ones just tend to cook more evenly without getting too dry.  I might also brine them which is what I used to do.  I'm getting hungry now haha.      

Finding a pet.  I found a local puggle that seems perfect.  She even has mom's name which has to be a sign right?  I found a cat that's angry and hissing in the preview picture.  I'm sure they try to take the perfect picture of the animals and the only picture they can get is of him hissing.  Maybe that's the me of cats.

Edited by sober4life

43 minutes ago, evalynn said:

Ooo, homemade noodles! And I've never had peach pie--only cobbler--but that sounds great. 

Peach pie and peach cobbler are two things that are basically the same type of thing at least around here.  Maybe the difference might be the pan you cook them in.