Exercise! #2

Natasha1

Did a 3/4 mile loop in the park with Etta. It started to gently rain which felt fabulous on my skin but my knees started to lightly ache. Definitely saving that info for the doc, as I'm still trying to figure out if my problem is nerve or circulation related. 

good job everyone!!

so i didn't get outside today despite the weather being nice. (just too much going on)

but I did finally do weights. 3 sets each of chest and back, then I attempted my regular walk. had to break it up into two 15 minute segments because i was struggling to breathe. But I finished it! And did my stretching routine after. I'm sore and worried about tomorrow, but i'm proud i started this.

4.2 miles walking. This is fine yet I could've walked more, if only you'd have given an M&M every 5 steps. You probably ate them all and I did not reach 10,000 steps today. 

I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm saying I'm blaming you. 

😉

Did yoga. Hurrah! I didn't have any problems with my chest so maybe it's not so bad. I just wanted to share what my mind had to say about it. This is how it went....

During yoga..." Oh, this feels good today"

" Ah, I remember doing this bit years and years ago. I still do the same thing. It's the big where I get a bit wobbly. That's fun"

" It'd be great if my arms could look like geri's! Maybe if I keep it up, they will"

"Oh, I messed up a little bit there but that's OK, I'm doing great today"

It was all good. No worries. Mind was very kind to me throughout and the whole thing went really well. Then, when it was all finished practically without a hitch, it said this to me....

"Yeah, well y'know, if it's so easy and it's only an hour and a half and it's soo lovely, then why the hell can't you do it every day, lazy ass"  😲

My mind is a bitch. 

Edited by Nightjar

Realized my phone was essentially dead so I just did a medium length walk with Etta. 

I should go to the gym tonight, as tomorrow I have to wake up early to take my husband to physical therapy, but we'll see how it goes. I can always do stuff in the house too.

1 hour ago, ladysmurf said:

does mindfulness count as exercise? my friend wants me to try it out next month with her ...anyone have any idea what they do ?

Sounds like meditation, maybe yoga, but mindfulness can probably be a lot of different things. At the very least, it'll be brain exercise I'm sure. 🙂

33 minutes ago, evalynn said:

Sounds like meditation, maybe yoga, but mindfulness can probably be a lot of different things. At the very least, it'll be brain exercise I'm sure. 🙂

That’s it and you all know our brain 🧠 gets a lot of workout 🏋️♀️ on a daily basis.  I wish you nothing but the best as you start your new mindfulness exercises.  Don’t forget to let us know how it goes