Exercise! #2

Natasha1

Honestly what is my plan?  My plan is to make it back to walking season.  I'm going to make it through the winter with a heartbeat and yeah it's going to be rough but it's all that matters really making it through the winter.  I might not do anything other than shovel snow here and there and rest and that's going to have to be enough.  

5 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Going to attempt a full session of yoga now. Will see how it goes. Hope it makes me feel better. Have had a sh!tty couple of days. Keep you posted 👀

Well I wouldn't have believed you if you'd said that yoga session would make me feel better. But it did. 

I felt loads better. Once upon a time I was doing that session every day 🤔 I'd never felt better... That's an aspiration to do that again but for now I'd be happy with twice a week 😅

I was planning to do a full session of yoga today.. Pondering on whether I should give it a go in spite of my dizziness yesterday 🤔 I know sober says no but its one of the only things that makes me feel better 😏

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I was planning to do a full session of yoga today.. Pondering on whether I should give it a go in spite of my dizziness yesterday 🤔 I know sober says no but its one of the only things that makes me feel better 😏

I try to stop when I get dizzy.  That's the best answer for me.  I just want you to be safe and happy.  Can I do what I tell others?  No of course not.  I'm out of control most of the time.  Today I shoveled snow for 3 hours.  I couldn't have stopped that from happening if I was handcuffed to the couch.  I would just be dragging the couch behind me when I was shoveling.:ermm:

Edited by sober4life

I didn't do it in the end. I realised how knackered I was and did some relaxation sessions instead. I need to keep those up... Maybe get that session done in the next few days. I don't want to be ill. Just want to get on with life. But my body says no 🤷‍♀️

@sober4lifeI liked your thoughts on dizziness being your mind saying enough. My mind got that right but I can't get off this whole moving roller-coaster till its done 🤷‍♀️ Well, maybe I could, I guess but I want this thing done 💯

2 hours ago, sober4life said:

I try to stop when I get dizzy.  That's the best answer for me.  I just want you to be safe and happy.  Can I do what I tell others?  No of course not.  I'm out of control most of the time.  Today I shoveled snow for 3 hours.  I couldn't have stopped that from happening if I was handcuffed to the couch.  I would just be dragging the couch behind me when I was shoveling.:ermm:

I can understand it though. Being able to get out of your house is essential and being stuck scary, so I can't blame you for doing all of that. Its just a shame that you have to do it all by yourself. A helping hand would go a long way, I think 🤔 

I probably could get more help in life but just imagine what it's like for this person to wait for help.🤦‍♀️:ermm:

On 1/18/2022 at 6:11 AM, sober4life said:

I shoveled snow for an hour and a half in the dark this morning just using the outside pole light to see. 

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

I didn't do it in the end. I realised how knackered I was and did some relaxation sessions instead. I need to keep those up... Maybe get that session done in the next few days. I don't want to be ill. Just want to get on with life. But my body says no 🤷‍♀️

@sober4lifeI liked your thoughts on dizziness being your mind saying enough. My mind got that right but I can't get off this whole moving roller-coaster till its done 🤷‍♀️ Well, maybe I could, I guess but I want this thing done 💯

I know exactly how you feel.  My mind and body are rarely on the same page.  My mind never wants to quit no matter how rundown the body is.  I always feel like I need to be done 100% to relax but I think the problem for me is I'm not sure I ever feel like I've gotten to that point.  We need to be easy on ourselves.  Recently I've noticed I'm running myself into the ground and wearing my body out from stress and overworking my body but I still can't stop.  It's scary.

4241. I did a short walk at the lake after another bad night's sleep. It was nice. Glad I did it in spite of tiredness. I saw some amazing rainbows on the way and a beautiful swan came to say hi to me ☺️

Edited by Nightjar

I walked about 4 miles today.  It's still limited because of the snow and ice but out here you can smell the first day of spring and I'm calling today the first day of spring here.  Yes I'm going to ignore the fact that I saw the sheriff seizing a camper and the tow truck got stuck in the snow to the point they had to send out the bigger tow truck to pull out the first tow truck and the camper.  I said it's spring here!🤨

I did a brief yoga session yesterday. Only about 10 minutes. I wanted to do more but didn't feel physically well....It still helped my mood 🙌 Anyway, I'm gonna start again in a min and see if I can do some more today. Fingers crossed 🤞

Well I managed a full session today 🤔 I did have a dizzy spell at one point but I didn't feel unwell while I was doing it so I just went with it. I wasn't so dizzy that I might fall over so I guess it was ok 😂

Gonna do a shortish walk now n I have to find a tree to have a wee behind 🤔 Hope no one sees me 🤭

Edited by Nightjar

I walked the same route today.  It's good to have a shorter route if I need to have it.  Right now my normal route is still junk.  I got to see new cows today.  What are there more cows than people in your county?  Yep that's why I'm here.

I walked from the car up to my front door steps.  lol

I'm so out of shape 😕

Right now I'm trying to just, survive moment by moment.  Year did not start off too great.

But as Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day..."  😌

I walked to the lake and back today.  I did see a solid black cat which I think is also rare.  So a solid white cat and a solid black cat both lives around here.  Most cats I see around here are calico so I wonder where these two cats came from.  Ha I even searched for black cats and it says people also ask why do black cats talk so much?🤦‍♀️

Edited by sober4life

I was over Shropshire way today and had a stroll round a nice little town called bridgenorth, it's got lots of lovely old 16th century houses and stone buildings, gate houses and a castle and the like 🙂 half the town is on top of a huge cliff and the other newer part is down the bottom near the river, so I wandered down a cobbled street from the top to down by the river and back up again 😓 I can see why the locals are all lean looking!

11127 steps today. I was kind of done when I got to about 9,000 but I couldn't resist doing another lap to reach that goal of goals 10,000 lol. 

It was really good to get outside.. I haven't walked in about a week 🤔 I really don't think that humans were designed to spend most of their time indoors. 

Edited by Nightjar