Exercise! #2

Natasha1

I'll actually be able to walk tomorrow and then next Wednesday and Thursday.  There are some warmer days coming up.  I'm still keeping busy.  Things are actually working pretty well this year.  Today's exercise I think will be Christmas shopping and putting up the Christmas tree and decorations.

On 11/12/2021 at 6:44 AM, hocico said:

Police drama I watched the other day and the detective commented how the elderly are often ignored and the other guy pointed out that it's because the elderly confront us with the reality of what will happen to us all one day and it's an uncomfortable truth. 

Hi Hocico,

Interesting thought from the detective.  I don't believe people think that deeply or react that thoughtfully.  Not long ago I wasn't an old person, so I can still understand the thinking.  Old people are universally excluded, disregarded.  It's done because it can be done, and it puts seniors, i.e. "olds", in the position of a minority.  When you disregard a minority, for whatever reason, it makes it easier to make private and  public policy that favors those in power.  Unfortunately the power players have the general public on their side when it comes to leaving the elderly out of the mix.  

I live in a development of owned RV and trailer lots now.  It's nice and kept up here, better than most average neighborhoods.  Many of the genuinely elderly I meet are fuzzy minded, just like in the jokes.  They never practiced thinking critically for most of their lives, and old age is no time to take it up.  Some of us are different.  That's the problem with stereotyping.

I hear sideways remarks about seniors on this board from time to time.  We are the last segment of the population that are still fair game for put downs and wise cracks.  And yet, most of us still want to be one some day.  Go figure.

Bulgakov

Edited by Bulgakov

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'll actually be able to walk tomorrow and then next Wednesday and Thursday.  There are some warmer days coming up.  I'm still keeping busy.  Things are actually working pretty well this year.  Today's exercise I think will be Christmas shopping and putting up the Christmas tree and decorations.

Cool 🎄 I did a l'il Xmas shopping today too. It wasn't much fun coz I'm so tired but it's got to the point now where I just need to grab things to give to people 🤷‍♀️

I walked to the lake and back today.  Honestly I've been on my own for almost 4 years now.  I feel stronger this December than I have in this whole time I've been on my own.  I actually feel pretty good.  All 5 of my fruit trees have made it to this point.  In a couple of years I'm going to have so much fruit to share with the animals on my walks which is the main reason I got the trees for the animals.

10575 steps today. I went to city lake and then I extended my walk and went down to the local high street. I fed the geese at the lake and got some xmas cards on the high street.

Wish I could say I enjoyed the high street shopping but I felt a bit stressed and knackered. I did enjoy the walk back in the semi darkness though. No peoples 😁

23 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I feel stronger this December than I have in this whole time I've been on my own.  I actually feel pretty good. 

That's really good to hear. It gives me hope that I'll be able to carry on on my own when I manage to get another place 🤞 lol 

I walked to the lake and back today.  It's very windy out there but somehow in the 60s.  I saw a cow with a patch of hair shaved off and she had stitches.  I wondered what was wrong and then I saw a new baby cow.  I guess they had to deliver her by c section.🤔It shows how cold it all is.  They probably just stitched up the mom, gave her a couple of shots and threw her back out in the field.😢

33 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I walked to the lake and back today.  There was a cat hanging around the cows probably hoping for some milk.  The cows had other ideas.  They were licking the cat treating her like a baby.🤭

Hee hee..Lots of animals like to pet cats 😻 Not just the human animal 🤔

Edited by Nightjar

14 minutes ago, hocico said:

I did approximately 30 yards to the cake and coffee shop 😓 converting that to centimeters works out to be 2743.2 and as that sounds much better I am going to go with that 😄

If I lived 30 yards from a cake and coffee shop it would be over for me.😂

On 12/14/2021 at 11:27 AM, Nightjar said:

The winter workout 😉

Yes my regularly routine in winter time 😂 moved a bit faster on the return journey when I spotted a traffic warden though. Unfortunately the evil doer had already struck but I just laughed and told them I would contest it 😁 that always seems to upset them more than shouting at them 🤣

Mhm I did the walk into town as well, probably about half a mile in total of leisurely walking 🙂

It's 60 degrees today so yes I'm going to walk one more time today.  Mother nature doesn't like 60 degrees this time of year so it's very windy.  We're not supposed to get part of the bad crazy storm this time that went through Iowa.  We will get rain though later today.

So all that progress I made a while back is gone. I gained back most of the weight, and I'm kind of devastated. I need to start working out and watching what I eat again, but it's hard because I've just gotten so lazy and use food to make myself feel better when I'm bored and depressed. It's like starting from square 1, which I resent. I'm writing this in hopes that it'll get me to actually do something to get back in shape. 

5940 steps in town. I always park just outside of town and walk in. Free parking 😜 I finished my xmas shopping and bought 2 pairs of jeans which I was absolutely desperate for. So desperate, in fact that I put a pair on in the toilet, I was so ashamed of my cheap trousers 😬

I'll get back to exercising.  I will be honest the second covid shot gave me the same awful pain I had when I actually had the virus.  The first couple of days was miserable crying pain.  Today it's getting better.  I'm hoping to be able to get back to things tomorrow or the next day.