Exercise! #2

Natasha1

4 hours ago, sober4life said:

I walked to the lake and back today.  I saw probably 50 turkeys and 50 buzzards.  The next 3 days will be rainouts and then Thursday I have to mow the yard.

I think I'll likely be mowing my yard on Thursday too if the weather is good. We all mow together 😂 Glad you got a good walk in today. I didn't go for one. The best I saw today was a hoverfly 🙄

16 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

I think I'll likely be mowing my yard on Thursday too if the weather is good. We all mow together 😂 Glad you got a good walk in today. I didn't go for one. The best I saw today was a hoverfly 🙄

That needs a shocked reaction.  I never heard of a hoverfly before.  It looks like a bee that can't sting you.🤔

19 hours ago, sober4life said:

That needs a shocked reaction.  I never heard of a hoverfly before.  It looks like a bee that can't sting you.🤔

I have them in my garden 🤔🐝 Yep, they look like bees but they are a lot smaller and they don't sting. They are pretty little things who do a hummingbird-like hover near the flowers 🐝😁

Edited by Nightjar

Did a full yoga session last night. I actually felt sick when I started and I didnt think I'd get very far with it but man, it was good.. I haven't done a full sesh for a while, it's the only thing I do really that builds muscle.. And I need muscle to do all of the heavy lifting... I have no man help!! Lol. 

I was able to walk to the lake and back today.  It must be mating season for the crickets and grasshoppers because they are crazy right now.  If you walk right by the field they will be jumping on you the whole time.  You have to walk down the middle of the road to avoid them.🙀

11886. That's funny I saw lots of crickets and grasshoppers today too... But not so many as that coz I'm on the edge of a city. 

Had a good walk today even though mood was low. At least I did something good for myself even if I have eaten a fair bit of rubbish today 😬 and I gave my mind a bit of a break from worrying about where to live, what to do etc..... I could just be in the moment for a bit 💙

I've seen crickets and grasshoppers even inside stores and I've had them inside my house.  It's another animal that you don't see any of them really for a long time and then all of the sudden they seem to take over.  I ate a lot of garbage today too but it is what it is.  We're doing what we have to do to survive.  I'm done feeling bad about it.  If there is a god and he wants us to live better then maybe we should be given an easier road to travel instead of a nightmare where we never know what we're going to do next.

I walked to the lake and back today.  There were new cows and new horses.  I like petting their heads for the first time and they do that deep breath thing and you look into their eyes and you see good in them.  You see hope when all the other hope seems lost in the world.

Sounds like you've been having some great walks Sober 🤗

Today was my first in a little while. I drove to the lake and walked around three times. I really enjoyed it. I found it very grounding and it helped me sort my head out a bit.... I also saw some gorgeous dogs... Shame about their humans 😂

6555 steps 🤔

Oh yeah, I also saw lots of dragonflies today. I've never seen so many and they were hovering around me quite a bit as if they were saying hi. It was lovely 🤗

Edited by Nightjar

Walked for 40 km without stuff. This prolly counts as SH, but it's good for ya, innit! Google fit failed again and told me that I deffo walked only 7 miles. Thanks, gugl.

Met a dog who was awesome and discovered a bubblegum sodie pop in a little village shop - fancy.

11 hours ago, sober4life said:

I guess the dragonflies are those things that kind of look like little helicopters near the lake.  I never knew what they were called to be honest.  I thought they were just big misquitoes.🤪

Woah! Dragonflies are beautiful!! Have a look at some close ups of them. I think they've been on earth for 300 million years and we've only been here for 5 million 🤔 You're right, they do look like helicopters 😂

17 hours ago, sober4life said:

Yeah I saw one dragonfly today on my walk.  You're right they are beautiful in pictures when they're not moving their wings but it's one of those things though kind of like hummingbirds.  Have I ever seen either one not moving it's wings anywhere?:unsure:

Dragonflies do rest sometimes. When I used to sit by the river I'd often see them sitting in the bushes by the water. I think they're gorgeous things ❤️

What motivates everyone when it comes to exercise?  I have a very hard time doing any form of exercise. The yoga studio I was going to close back in Dec.  I was driving to the beach to walk in the mornings.  But now I don't do anything.  I have yoga & other exercise cds, but about half way thru I give up & sit down.  

17 hours ago, nojoy said:

What motivates everyone when it comes to exercise?  I have a very hard time doing any form of exercise. The yoga studio I was going to close back in Dec.  I was driving to the beach to walk in the mornings.  But now I don't do anything.  I have yoga & other exercise cds, but about half way thru I give up & sit down.  

I just do what I enjoy when it comes to exercise. Sometimes I just do a little bit, like you say, if the energy isn't there.... It doesn't have to be the full session of yoga or the longest walk for me to feel some benefit 🤔 

All I do is walk.  It's all I like doing really.  I walked today.  I'll be able to walk probably until Thanksgiving.  After that it will be the treadmill until February.  That's very hard.  It's awful.  I would like to go back to the gym but the local gym has too many people I know.  That's not an escape.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:03 PM, sober4life said:

All I do is walk.  It's all I like doing really.  I walked today.  I'll be able to walk probably until Thanksgiving.  After that it will be the treadmill until February.  That's very hard.  It's awful.  I would like to go back to the gym but the local gym has too many people I know.  That's not an escape.

walking is good, i was never able to walk on a treadmill, it always seemed like a chore and not enjoyable, outdoors like you do is the way to go