Jump to content

Exercise! #2


Natasha1

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, sober4life said:

I went for a walk this morning.  It was nice to get the fresh air but it was way too many thoughts about today.  Getting the roof will keep family off my back for the rest of the year though so that's good.❤️

Hey, that sounds really positive. Well done for getting yourself a new roof. That's gotta be a load off your mind. Woo! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

10468. Great walk today. I saw a lot of butterflies too and a cute guy said hi to me :flirt: He must be attracted to the all new healthier version of Nightjar 😜

You're getting your confidence back.  You seem much happier and more confident.  You're back to your old self or close to it without the cokes so you're winning this fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, sober4life said:

You're getting your confidence back.  You seem much happier and more confident.  You're back to your old self or close to it without the cokes so you're winning this fight.

Thanks sober. I think I'm over the worst. My withdrawal symptoms got worse and worse, peaked with paranoia and some horrible depression and then seemed to subside quite quickly 🤔 I was irritable last night but I woke up feeling peaceful this morning 😎 I'm on day 10. 

Edited by Nightjar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I woke up feeling peaceful this morning

Wish that would last 😬 Had a walk with a family member and I felt really depressed the entire time. I'm finally unwinding a bit here at home. It would be nice if I didn't have the sound effects of my neighbour being sick next door but what can you do? 🤷‍♀️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mowed the yard yesterday.  I'm taking the rest of the month to rest and recover between seasons.  Every other year I try to fight through it but I'm old and rundown and I'm not able to do that anymore if I want this to continue my body needs rest and I do want it to continue.

Edited by sober4life
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did two laps around the park and then later on, half an hour of gentle yoga.. 

I can definitely feel that my energy levels have taken a battering from all of the stress and lack of sleep and I didn't have much energy today. But I did have some. Enough to get around the park a couple of times and enough to do some yoga, albeit gentle yoga.

For that I am grateful. 

I need yoga so bad at the moment 🥴

I really want to try to get a full session in soon. Maybe in a few days time 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sober4life said:

I mowed the yard yesterday.  I'm taking the rest of the month to rest and recover between seasons.  Every other year I try to fight through it but I'm old and rundown and I'm not able to do that anymore if I want this to continue my body needs rest and I do want it to continue.

Good for you sober. I like the sound of a good rest. Get those feetsies up! Woop! ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did 30 minutes of Taebo on Monday.  I have to do 2 more workouts before Sunday.  I wish I could to it the way I used to.  After years of excessive exercise and two back surgeries, I cannot stand still for more than 30 seconds without wanting to scream--the pain is that bad.  (I only know ONE person who felt better after back surgery.)  I do a lot of it sitting, using 1 and 2 lb. weights, and can stand for 4 sections of repetitive movement in place--no scooting across the floor for me.  I MISS being able to walk.  Walking through space just kills me.  I used to walk a lot (for me, anyway--20 miles per week) when in lived in NY and then in CA.  When I first got back to my home town, I was able to do maybe 3 miles 4x per week.  I've seen my health gradually worsen and I wonder what I'll be able to do one year from now, six months from now, tomorrow.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went twice around the lake earlier. Luckily it was peaceful today. I went earlier than usual and I think that helped. It wasn't a massive workout, just gentle. Gentle is good with me at the moment. It was enjoyable. 

I'm planning to do some yoga soon. Narc mom wound me up earlier and I want to improve my chances of sleeping tonight 🤞

I don't know how much longer I can go on with this awful sleep. I'm at the point for the first time in 20 years that I would consider medication 😬 and I'm 99.9% against medication. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

I went twice around the lake earlier. Luckily it was peaceful today. I went earlier than usual and I think that helped. It wasn't a massive workout, just gentle. Gentle is good with me at the moment. It was enjoyable. 

I'm planning to do some yoga soon. Narc mom wound me up earlier and I want to improve my chances of sleeping tonight 🤞

I don't know how much longer I can go on with this awful sleep. I'm at the point for the first time in 20 years that I would consider medication 😬 and I'm 99.9% against medication. 

For many years you slept with a pet.  Maybe you need something or someone there with you to make you feel safe so you can sleep.  That might be the problem.  I'm just guessing.  I don't feel safe sleeping myself.  I have to check all the locks to all the doors and shut and lock my bedroom door to even be able to sleep myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...