Exercise! #2

Natasha1

@sober4life - Be careful in this heat with the mowing. Getting dehydrated is way too easy. Glad I don't have yard work anymore. At least from that perspective. Not having any land at all kinda suks... I can mow the lawn with a pair of scissors in 15 minutes. 😉

Started doing weights after a couple of months off from them. Seriously painful starting again. I feel like a whimpy old man. Did weights Thursday, cardio Friday, then climbing Saturday. Climbing was painful, but still fun. Sunday was rest day.

3 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

@sober4life - Be careful in this heat with the mowing. Getting dehydrated is way too easy. Glad I don't have yard work anymore. At least from that perspective. Not having any land at all kinda suks... I can mow the lawn with a pair of scissors in 15 minutes. 😉

I'll complain to people about all the yard work out there but I secretly enjoy it.  I drink plenty of water so I'll be ok.❤️

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Well I'm at the park.. Let's see if a walk can put a dent in this maxed out anxiety shall we? Maybe if I walk around 50 times it might help :mad1:

11224 steps done. Thats more than I've done in a while. I hope that helps with the anxiety 🤞

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

11224 steps done. Thats more than I've done in a while. I hope that helps with the anxiety 🤞

That's a lot of anxiety. Didn't you feel it falling off your shoulders the more you walked?  ☺️

24 minutes ago, In2deep4me said:

That's a lot of anxiety. Didn't you feel it falling off your shoulders the more you walked?  ☺️

Not really 😬 I've got anxiety mach 10 at the minute. It helped. A bit. I'm hitting up the yoga mat in the morning. It's gonna have to be strenuous to make a dent. I might have to resume daily strenuous practice to get a hold of this thing 🤔 Fingers crossed that helps tomorrow 🤞

3 hours ago, sober4life said:

I'm going to start training for my trip on your birthday @Nightjar Right now I look like the swamp monster from scooby doo.  I'm going to walk to the lake and back in about a half hour.  

Ha! I look a bit like the swamp monster too at the minute! I want to get back to being fit and healthy ASAP. It's tough for me at the moment with mini's illness but I need to get back to it soon. I'm not getting any younger that's for sure 😂

Edited by Nightjar

On 6/15/2021 at 8:10 PM, APFSDS said:

Running in the morning, haven't been doing extra stuff for about 2-3 days. A bit tired and giving myself some time to recover.

I used to run in the mornings years ago and I loved how it made me feel the rest of the day. have you been a long time runner? How'd you start? Have you had to overcome injuries? Please all the running details lol I used to love it but depression has taken it away and I havnt been able to get myself back out there

47 minutes ago, Charlee said:

I used to run in the mornings years ago and I loved how it made me feel the rest of the day. have you been a long time runner? How'd you start? Have you had to overcome injuries? Please all the running details lol I used to love it but depression has taken it away and I havnt been able to get myself back out there

🙂
Well I used to run before depression - it was necessary, then I stopped completely for about 5 years. I re-started this year; began last year by just walking for long distances. No injuries currently, perhaps my shins didn't really like it 1-2 months ago. Really took it slow at first, like one streetlamp distance walking, two distances running.

Its something that feels good and now it kinda helps me feel a bit more alive. Have been running again now since late May every day in the morning.

Did you run competitively, for fun or a bit of both? You gotta do it again!👍

On 6/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, APFSDS said:

🙂
Well I used to run before depression - it was necessary, then I stopped completely for about 5 years. I re-started this year; began last year by just walking for long distances. No injuries currently, perhaps my shins didn't really like it 1-2 months ago. Really took it slow at first, like one streetlamp distance walking, two distances running.

Its something that feels good and now it kinda helps me feel a bit more alive. Have been running again now since late May every day in the morning.

Did you run competitively, for fun or a bit of both? You gotta do it again!👍

oh thanks, ok ive been told to take it slow too like walking distances and running really short distances to build up my feet, knee and hip strength/stability again. did you just walk for a few days and then start adding in running? 

I did both for bit! I used to use running as my way of dealing with everything but not anymore lol are you being competitive? 

2 hours ago, Charlee said:

oh thanks, ok ive been told to take it slow too like walking distances and running really short distances to build up my feet, knee and hip strength/stability again. did you just walk for a few days and then start adding in running? 

I did both for bit! I used to use running as my way of dealing with everything but not anymore lol are you being competitive? 

I walked for a very long time first, about 12 months actually; I had problems with everything so I didn't risk any running until I was ready.
But I started actually running this March, I think 🙂 soft wood-chip paths, soft snow paths etc. Long warmup by walking and then running for short distances.

I'm not doing it competitively, I'd be a bit shy tbh nowadays to do that. It's mostly for fun and keeping myself healthy 😄

Did some running this morning again, a bit too early. I wanted to catch the sunrise, but it seems I outran the sun 😅

6986. Managed to get in the shower and go for a walk. It helped process some pain. Everywhere in the house has mini lion's toys, trees, litter boxes, favourite places etc.etc. It's definitely easier to be out at the moment. 

Yesterday. Climbing for 90 minutes. Walking for 16K steps. A little tired today and tight hamstrings. I wonder why? 🤣

Will be doing yoga today. Hopefully can get up off the floor after I start...

Running as always, seems I'm not letting myself recover well enough... stress, y'know... I WANT to run! My knees are a bit tender.

Not doing too much as the temperatures outside were 33 C for some time, probably the longest and hottest heatwave that I remember.

7186. I've hit depression today. So I guess I'm grateful that I managed a walk and a trip to the shops. The lake was fresh and breezy and I did appreciate it in spite of my depression. That's worth acknowledging in my book. Any kind of relief and uplift is worth mentioning. 

As I mentioned elsewhere here it's always good to see life around you when you feel like death 😬 and when death is around you. It was also a reminder that actually these things come to us all and I'm not alone with it. It occurred to me that the reason youngster's are so happy is that they haven't experienced much loss yet 😬 and also that parks are our modern day equivalent of sacred places. They are places where people in grief visit often and like to leave memorials to lost loved ones ❤️

Edited by Nightjar

I walked to the lake and back again today.  I'm afraid every time I go out now because the poison ivy I have now is worse than I've ever had it.  This place I live in would be great if I could go out there and touch anything but every time I go outside I itch.  God always finds a way to take away everything from me.

They ain't no God honey. They ain't no God! The inequality of this world is horrendous. If there is,  he picks and chooses who gets the happy life. Otherwise it's hell on earth.