Natasha1

Exercise! #2

I walked to the lake and back today.  I finally figured out where the baby ducks were hiding I mentioned before.  I thought today why haven't I seen them yet so I went looking for them and they actually hide under the bridge I walk on every day.  There were 3 new baby cows today as well.

Posted (edited)

Full session of yoga this afternoon. I made myself do it even though I was effin knackered. I've had a very stressful few days, poor sleep quality and a few night terrors happening 😳

So, it was definitely time to roll the yoga mat out. I've made the bed up fresh too so fingers crossed I will get a good sleep tonight and be more hooman, less zombie tomorrow 🧟‍♀️*

*🧟‍♀️=nightjar 

Edited by Nightjar

I walked to the lake and back today.  I saw another eagle.  I looked it up and golden eagles can fly 200 MPH!😲 Of course they are part of the reason I have to buy a rabbit to be able to see any rabbits now.😒Eagles used to be a rare once or twice in a lifetime sight here in Ohio.  Now I see them about every time I leave the house.

Been averaging over 10K steps the past week. A little cardio every couple of days. Went climbing for a few hours this past Saturday, as usual. That was a 20K step day!

Rest of my workouts has been repairing cars for neighbors and hauling stuff off to the dump for them. Made some decent money just fixing cars. Considering what the dealers and some local mechanics are charging they're thrilled. I have a few people sending me a list of what they want me to do.

I tried running yesterday. I almost cried that I COULD run again. Did 6km with only a bit of effort.
I remember in 2006 when I started running (around April), I cried that I COULDN'T do half a kilometer without pain...

Got really busy this past weekend.

20K steps each day and climbed about 3hrs one day and 2 hours next day.

Today is rest day. Get lots of protein and aminos. Muscles very sore.

My mtb bike swallowed a branch, so I guess no that sort of exercise for a week until my derailleur arrives 😞
Walking and walking, some running. A remote event is coming up next week, gonna do my part.

@APFSDS - Bummer on the derailleur. Stuff happens. I'm tuning up our mtb bikes and getting them ready to ride this weekend. I already found out the hard way last season that bleeding disc brakes on a bike can be as much of a pain as doing it with cars. I got a bleed kit with all the bits, new fluid, and pads. Once I got it ironed out the braking was awesome. So hopefully this season is just a few minor adjustments.

11276. Great walk 👍 I needed it so much today and it made me feel so much better 👌Did a bit of exploring in a new area and was walking for about 2 hours. Perfect 😎

2 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

@APFSDS - Bummer on the derailleur. Stuff happens. I'm tuning up our mtb bikes and getting them ready to ride this weekend. I already found out the hard way last season that bleeding disc brakes on a bike can be as much of a pain as doing it with cars. I got a bleed kit with all the bits, new fluid, and pads. Once I got it ironed out the braking was awesome. So hopefully this season is just a few minor adjustments.

Did a full brake replacement a few weeks ago. Probably lost my temper a few times an hour 🙂

Some walking today uphill.

Posted (edited)

I am lost bleeding the brakes of a bicycle right?  I never knew any bicycle that had brake fluid or maybe that's why my bikes didn't last too long?  I can't be that bad right my whole life not knowing about this?:confusedread:

Edited by sober4life

13 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I am lost bleeding the brakes of a bicycle right?  I never knew any bicycle that had brake fluid or maybe that's why my bikes didn't last too long?  I can't be that bad right my whole life not knowing about this?:confusedread:

Yup! Hydraulic disc brakes are great, but it's a pain in the backside to do certain maintenances on them - or at least for me 😄
Cables are ok, just get a cable and swap it, tension it and done!
Hydraulics... speshul mineral oil, speshul cup, speshul plug, speshul tubes, speshul bag, speshul syringe... irritating 😄 if there's an easier way to do this...

10520. Didn't enjoy my walk today 😕 which is unusual. Maybe it was just tiredness. I am pretty knackered at the minute but I thought it was important for me to go anyway to keep the stress under control. I didn't like going in the middle of the day either, there was too much going on out there for my liking.... Building going on everywhere 🏢🏢🏢

Anyway, I took a photo on my walk today. I managed to find a bit of land the builders haven't got hold of yet 🙄 Pic in gallery 👍

Pullups, pullups, bow pulling exercises with elastic band. Did some running yesterday, fizzed out quickly lol... need to rest.
Had to get two front gear switch assemblies, as it seems I didn't notice they were chewed up too haha. Hopefully some single track biking this evening, then.

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

I don't know when I'm going to be able to exercise again.  I can't stand for more than maybe 10 minutes at a time right now.  You don't even have the strength to stand.

Well I guess I had the strength to sit on the riding mower and get fresh air and mow the yard.  I'm not giving up!

Resting my feet for the challenge.
I'm almost thinking I should go for 50 km. I could do it and it will make my feet into tomato-parmesan ... but it could also be worth it. Worst thing about it is my feet are busted and the rules include paved roads.

🙃 Cheese grater here I come!