Exercise! #2

Natasha1

20 hours ago, sober4life said:

I walked to the lake and back.  It was one of those days that exercise helped.  A walk it off approach worked today.

Good for you. Taking a walk seems to help in general. If nothing more than getting out of the house and getting some fresh air and some movement. Seeing some farm animals for you is a good thing. I see nieghbors and their dogs. Not so bad. Plus we chase 🐕‍🦺->🐇 and some 🐿️. She wouldn't actually hurt one. She just likes the chase.

2 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Good for you. Taking a walk seems to help in general. If nothing more than getting out of the house and getting some fresh air and some movement. Seeing some farm animals for you is a good thing. I see nieghbors and their dogs. Not so bad. Plus we chase 🐕‍🦺->🐇 and some 🐿️. She wouldn't actually hurt one. She just likes the chase.

Just be careful because she will eventually find her first skunk.  My dog situation isn't going well.  In this world you have to fill out an application and like work applications everyone laughs at what I put down.  There's maybe one avenue left right now which will mean me getting a puppy that I will have to train next month from a family friend.  Anyway I'm going to walk it off again and head down to the lake and back.  I'm still hurting.  Sometimes it's just easier to tell people I'm doing better than I am.😒

12315. Really enjoyed my walk today. It's a beautiful spring day here and I just wanted to keep walking and exploring 😁☀️😁🌞💕🚶‍♀️Only reason I stopped was I needed the loo 😄 Ok, so I had a burger and a coke on the way round but..... don't care 🍔👍😊

Edited by Nightjar

On 3/17/2021 at 2:01 PM, sober4life said:

Just be careful because she will eventually find her first skunk.  My dog situation isn't going well.  In this world you have to fill out an application and like work applications everyone laughs at what I put down.  There's maybe one avenue left right now which will mean me getting a puppy that I will have to train next month from a family friend.

So far so good on skunk. Haven't seen one in 4 years. Fingers crossed...

Yeah when we looked at getting a dog from a rescue group they have applications and interveiws and other particulars. They're over protective in some cases. We got lucky in that the lady we got the dog from does fostering but this dog she had kept. It just turned out she is really a one dog in the family type. She is fully trained and well mannered. I hear you on the puppy idea. Lots of work to do training but also lets the dog grow with you. Depends on how much patience you're willing to put out. The standard SPCA shelters will not harass you since they really don't want to **** the animal but they are all on timers that will expire. Much more humane to hope the new owner is decent than just put them down.

1 hour ago, APFSDS said:

40 km hike, 1/3 of it on foot. Crawled my way up a hill and then biked down it.
Hopefully I'll repeat this and get that satisfaction, currently there's no sense of any pleasure... darn it

That's a bummer man. No matter keep at it. I think there is some feeling of accomplishment in there that is fighting to get out. I go through what you are dealing with in phases. Right now I'm doing way more walking and less workouts. That will change really soon. Weather is starting to get better and I'm going to prep our mountain bikes soon so they are ready to go.

12 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

That's a bummer man. No matter keep at it. I think there is some feeling of accomplishment in there that is fighting to get out. I go through what you are dealing with in phases. Right now I'm doing way more walking and less workouts. That will change really soon. Weather is starting to get better and I'm going to prep our mountain bikes soon so they are ready to go.

I'm kinda lucky It doesn't require any mental effort any more. I just go and do it. But I get really sad that I don't feel any adrenaline at the time; makes me think why the hell I'm doing it.
I guess it's "better than doing nothing".

6 hours ago, APFSDS said:

I'm kinda lucky It doesn't require any mental effort any more. I just go and do it. But I get really sad that I don't feel any adrenaline at the time; makes me think why the hell I'm doing it.
I guess it's "better than doing nothing".

Yes it is! Just sitting watching the tube and not doing anything else gets old quick. So like you, I just keep doing the workouts and indoor climbing. Mostly just reflex and not getting much joy out of it. You're right, it makes me sad too. I've been in a funk for a few weeks now. Time for a reset.

5075. Just a short walk today but it was nice. I'm really enjoying the weather at the moment.

@APFSDS and @In2deep4meSorry to hear you guys aren't enjoying your exercise. That sucks. But, yeah, I agree it's better that you still do it. Maybe it's helping you more than you realise and possibly stopping a real slump. Feeling 'meh' is much more desirable than the depths of despair right? 

I walked to the lake and back today.  I enjoy my walks.  It's an escape from hell.  I probably had 3 hours sleep last night but people enraged me so much today I needed to walk off the anger.  Nothing has really changed in my life.  Certain people are singled out by groups and destroyed by them over and over.  I've seen people get bullied my whole life.  I'm sick of it.  Their "fix" is erasing awful history, doing completely insulting "fixes" like Mr Potato Head and flat out lying about how awful people are on a daily basis.  All inclusive is all they have to say.  There is zero truth to it!  Without my escapes over my life like walking I would have left this world as a teenager because all there would be is just sitting and boiling in anger over how awful this world is!

Finally got my full sesh of yoga done. I think it's been a couple of weeks since I practiced last. My mind had me convinced that there was no way I had the energy to get through a full session yesterday but Aha! It was so wrong. My body was loving it ❤️

I didn't quite get into zen master mode during it 🤔 I guess that's because my practice has waned and I haven't built up my zen master points. I haven't been meditating, practicing yoga, anything. My mind was a bit too busy. 

.... However, I had a great workout and lots of stress relief for the body 👍

.... Planning on a walk today...I'm aiming for 10,000 steps with a couple of decent hill climbs and I'm trying to stay away from the coke 😬 

Ps. I'm noticing results from the new walk with the extra climbing, I've got more noticeable tone in my legs 👍💪🚶‍♀️

Edited by Nightjar

I walked to the lake and back today.  The spring flowers are starting to bloom along the banks of my walk.  Mom helped plant those flowers almost 50 years ago.  She probably had no idea what those flowers would do today.  There are days where those flowers and the animals and the butterflies are the only things keeping me from leaving the world.  I am strong but there is a lot of me barely hanging on as well.  I'm the final survivor of a horror story.  It's not as amazing as the movies try to tell you.  You're just a person that's barely here almost killed off by life and too mean and stubborn to leave this place I guess.

55 minutes ago, sober4life said:

You're just a person that's barely here almost killed off by life and too mean and stubborn to leave this place I guess.

I think that deep down you know you deserve more from life and you're gonna stick around till you get it!  You know you're capable of great things with all that you've achieved and I believe there is more to come.. You're still fighting. Well done 💪

Thanks.  Next month talks about the dog and farm animals being here begin.  It could actually happen.  I can't believe it but I do have a plan.  I walked to the lake and back today.  I actually saw my first butterfly today down with the frogs.  The frogs sounded as loud as a parking lot of cars with alarms going off.  I can actually hear them from the house and it's probably a 2 mile straight shot from here.

Edited by sober4life

Went climbing Saturday. 3hrs in the gym. Did lots of walking. 17,674 steps. 307% activity.

Went walking around the lake. All the really nice houses back up to it. Beautiful views and yards full of flowers blooming. 11,711 steps. 147% activity.

You would think with all this exercise I would be dropping tons of weight since I don't eat back all the calories. Nope. Weight is unchanged now. My body is happy right where it is.

I got a 10lb weight vest and I'm starting to wear that when I walk the dog. Just to add a bit more resisitance.

I walked to the lake and back twice today.  That's what 11 miles the whole time making phone calls.  People helped me today big time but also reminded me of how bad things are as well.  I don't blame them.  When I go and do work for people I look around as well and try to find other things that they might need done.  I can't let mania rule any of my decisions though.  People are beginning to point out to me I need to get control of myself and they are right.

Hah, finally have the beginnings of a blister! Two woollen socks method always works!
Walked 26 km along the river; crossed a few canals but got halted by a wide one and took a dip in another - lol, didn't quite jump far enough.

Didn't finish my trek, which was supposed to be ruins of an old Inn.
It was good exercise!🤘