Exercise! #2

Natasha1

8 hours ago, sober4life said:

Where I'm at in Ohio pretty much everything is open again as far as I can tell. 

Really? Is that because the covid levels are way down? We have brief spells of everything reopening. Then when covid starts to spike again, we shut back down 😬

I think we are due to reopen again in about a month. I'll be having my vaccine about that time too! 👍

3 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Really? Is that because the covid levels are way down? We have brief spells of everything reopening. Then when covid starts to spike again, we shut back down 😬

I think we are due to reopen again in about a month. I'll be having my vaccine about that time too! 👍

Yes covid levels are down.  I think my country is to the point of thinking this might just have to be something we are going to have to live with whether it goes away or not.

Went for a rather nice walk; saw some deer and managed to take a photo.

Been able to do 10 km for three days straight after a few days of feeling awful. Feels like a tiny achievement, that's something!. I do some archery exercises every day - should take me a year to get to the lower end of powerful bows.
edit: no, the bows are for dudes in mail armour... not for deer

Edited by APFSDS

@sober4life - Awesome!!! Glad you got out for a walk and visit the farm.

Got in a good cardio workout yesterday and some new stretching. Will be repeating the stretching tonight. Went climbing this morning for 1.5hrs. Taking the dog for a nice stroll now and another one later. It's supposed to be in the mid-60s this afternoon. Then Fri-Sun we're back to crappy and more crappy...ie, rain and cold...

I walked to the lake and back again today.  I should say I walk down to the lake and back because the whole way back is up hill.  I saw an eagle though.  It's very muddy out there.  I feel pretty good being able to walk again but I'm not in shape whatsoever.

We have dropped a lot of cardio lately and swapped it over to walks with the dog. We're all getting lots of steps. 10K/day no problem. Not helping out physical and mental health enough. We're going back to more cardio and have added stretching back in. Not full on dedicated yoga routines. More upper/lower body stretch routines that are mostly yoga based. Time to start upping our cardio endurance. Doing really well on climbing endurance. With nice weather coming we want to bike and hike.

We're getting too much rain and walking the dog in the rain when it gets really cold suks. Normally I wouldn't care. I'm glad you can knock out 5 miles at a time. That's seriously good stuff. Since adding the dog into the family my step count daily average went from 10k to 15k.

45 minutes ago, sober4life said:

So you're saying I should get a dog then?😜  I'm working on getting a dog.  This week I'm doing things to make it so I can afford to take care of the dog.   I already know where I'm going to get the dog as well.❤️

Who me? Tell you to get a dog because it'll be good for both of you? Why I would never do that... 😉

Sounds awesome buddy!!! I know you'll be fine and enjoy the companionship.

My new to me pooch has not had rabbits around her much in her previous life. Our area is full of them. She thinks they are super fun to search for then chase. We don't get too far into the chase because I can't run that fast. It's still entertaining to watch her though.

She dislikes squirrels, they cheat, climb trees and hangout. She does try to sneak up on them though.

7845 🧐 Took a new route today. Hollywood 2. I got into zen mode (sense of awe and wonder) so was very pleased on my magical mystery tour. Probably the hour of meditation I did beforehand helped with that 🤔🧘‍♀️

Edited by Nightjar

The weather is going back to rubbish until Sunday.  I'm not worried physically right now.  I'm much more worried about mentally.  I need to be able to feel safe and at peace at least here.  I can't go on having no chill out place.  I can't do it.  I wish I could meditate but there has never been a peaceful quiet moment in my head so far in my life.  It's always looking forward screaming oh no get me out of here thinking about the things coming up.

Edited by sober4life