Exercise! #2

Natasha1

2 hours ago, Nightjar said:

6242 steps after my viewing 👍 I would have done a bit more but I realised I'd left mini lion without her litter box because I'd put it in the cupboard 😆 Needless to say, I got back home sharpish 😄

Well what would you have said if the viewer opened the cupboard and saw the litter box in there?🤔

3 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Well what would you have said if the viewer opened the cupboard and saw the litter box in there?🤔

They're not allowed to touch anything with the covid situ so it was all good 👍 Plus, it was on a high shelf just in case 👌 They wouldn't have known what it was 🤔

2 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

They're not allowed to touch anything with the covid situ so it was all good 👍 Plus, it was on a high shelf just in case 👌 They wouldn't have known what it was 🤔

Well are the viewings going well?  You should have some idea if someone is interested by now.

Just now, sober4life said:

Well are the viewings going well?  You should have some idea if someone is interested by now.

I've just had one viewing today, that's all.

It seemed to go well but brits are far too polite to say anything negative (most of the time) so I wouldn't really know if they didn't like it.

They made some positive comments.. But even if they love it, I expect they'd take at least overnight to think about buying it....

They haven't replied to my agents request for feedback yet.... Just have to wait and see. I'm wrecked 🤪 I'm planning on hardly moving for at least a day 👍

14 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Probably 6 hours of snow shoveling the last couple of days.  Sure it's great exercise but wow it's awful!

It's great exercise if you take care of your back. The wet stuff just suks... I think I shoveled tons (literally) of snow in my 20s and 30s. I never bulked up doing it but I'm sure I burned a ton of calories. I'll stick with a mix or cardio and weights that I control now.

Even worse was when you shoveled the yard so you could get at least one car out of the garage. Only to have the damned snow plow come down the street and leave a massive wall at the end of the driveway so you could shovel for another hour... ughhh....

Good luck my friend, I don't envy your workout. Remember what we talked about. Back brace, be careful.

18 minutes ago, sober4life said:

Probably 6 hours of snow shoveling the last couple of days.  Sure it's great exercise but wow it's awful!

I live in the Northwest where we don't get a whole lot of snow. I did live in Minnesota for a short time and the first time I had to shovel snow the shovel went flying out of my hand. While there was a ton more snow, it was so light and fluffy. Not the same as here. 

Saturday. Rock climbing for 2.5 hours and 15K steps for the day.

Sunday. Recovery and walking. About 7K steps for the day.

Down into the mid-20s at night walking the dog. I actually went and found my old ski pants and parka so I wouldn't turn into a popsicle walking her. The dog, just as happy as can be, could care less about the weather. Gotta love it... 😉

Yesterday. Bodycombat for an hour and lots of walking the dog. 17K steps and lots of calorie burn.

Today is weight day and we have been skipping weights because climbing is very bodyweight intense. I'm getting back into weights regardless. Squats, deadlifts, and clean and press just seems to make me happy more so than cardio. Pullups are back on the menu too! I love pullups, not....

7 hours ago, Nightjar said:

Three n a half hours? 🤔

3.5hrs?  Not sure what you mean. But yeah, I guess it would take that long to do 17K steps. I didn't do them in 1 shot though. 🙃

I'm not working so I walk the dog a lot during the day. Fun and helps with boredom. Dog seems to like walking a lot. Our back yard isn't big enough for her to get any exercise.

The Body Combat and Body Attack workouts we do create lots of steps so I get a few thousand pretty easily doing 45-60 minute workout. I'm averaging between 10-15K steps/day right now. I'm also trying to drop about 5lbs of fat I put on.

6 hours ago, sober4life said:

Today more snow tomorrow more snow.  It's awful awful!!!

Yeah you folks in the midwest are getting your share. New England, especially NY/NJ area are getting slammed. We're geting no snow but it is really chilly. The wind is causing a lot of the pain. It just gets bitter walking or being out in it. Take away the wind and wind chill and it wouldn't be bad. Good luck!

On 2/1/2021 at 4:40 PM, sober4life said:

I suppose people don't want to hear I forgot to stretch.  You can see a yoga dogs calendar from the couch they will say.🙃

I just watch the yoga dvds.  And talk to the person on the screen usually comments like "this almost 60 year old body couldn't do that when it was 6 yrs old and it sure as heck ain't gonna do it now.  Or If I tried that I would have to call the rescue squad to get me untangled and off the floor."

15 hours ago, In2deep4me said:

Yeah you folks in the midwest are getting your share. New England, especially NY/NJ area are getting slammed. We're geting no snow but it is really chilly. The wind is causing a lot of the pain. It just gets bitter walking or being out in it. Take away the wind and wind chill and it wouldn't be bad. Good luck!

I got the snow cleanup done.  Now I just have to bake a birthday cake for the mouse.  He just moved in here and he's already running the show.😒

Yesterday went Climbing for about 1.5 hrs. Took the dog on a much longer walk than expected. We went around the lake the long way and strolled through some neighborhoods we haven't seen before. She needed 1 rest break since she isn't used to that much walking in 1 go. By then end of the day I had 16,599 steps. Between climbing and grocery shopping I got quite a bit but the long walk was 3 miles or so. Her tail was still wagging when we got home so she seems to be liking her new family.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:06 PM, Nightjar said:

Ok, I'm gonna do half hour of yoga before bed. I'm not happy about the fact that I haven't had the time or energy to exercise lately but that's life sometimes I suppose 🙄

Like everything else, exercise is part of life, and it has ups and downs. You're at a hectic time right now with life changing work. So get in what you can when you can. Just keep in mind that your yoga helps you physically and mentally so it is also an important part of you. Get some short walks in as you can. Just some fresh air, getting out of the house for a few minutes, is also good stress management.

She might feel like I do about the exercise.  Right now I'm resting because of an injury.  I'm going to be exercising for life.  The guilt with me comes because I worry others will give up on trying to help themselves because they might think I have given up but the truth is it's as far opposite from that as you can get.

@Nightjar + @sober4life = workout buddies. I got you kids covered but I do expect you to cover for me too. That doesn't mean I think you'll quit. I have faith in both of you. It would be nice to get more people on here with us, but, we just keep trying and moving on.

So just for fun I pulled up some stats from using my Polar activity tracker. This is less of a step counter and more about activity (movement in general and exercise). Their reporting has some really nice info. To share last week and some numbers, here goes. Week of Feb 1-7.

Active time: 68 hours

Total steps: 101,354 steps

Total distance: 38.59 miles

Total calories burned: 22,117 kcals

Total training hours: 6.5

Total activity over 7 days: 1,450%

Daily average acticity: 207%

For the month of January I averaged 25-30 miles/week. This past week was killer and I actually broke the 100K step mark!!! That's probably my max I want to see. Even walking gets hard on the knees at this level so I'm backing off that.