Exercise! #2

Natasha1

We switched over trackers again... a few months back. That's a whole story by itself I think I'll make a post about.

So I ran a report for November and pulled the averages for major categories:

Daily activity goal in % is 187. Steps is 10,450. Calories burned is 3038.

So the numbers are really good but what is more important is I feel good physically and mentally more days than not. So all of this is worth it in my opinion.

You keep right on trucking Nj and sober. It helps, even if a little bit, and even if it isn't every day.

Good job on going after 10K steps Nj.

I need to get a step tracker not an app.  I'm not getting a smart phone again no way but just something cheap to count the steps.  I don't want to go beyond that like something that constantly monitors my vitals or I'll get obsessed with it.  Today I've been stretching trying to make my back feel better mostly rest.  I could take pain pills and still exercise but it's false recovery really.  My back needs to heal for a couple of days because I'm old.

Edited by sober4life

6099 steps today. Managed to get out when the sun was shining which made me feel slightly more human and part of the world. I didn't enjoy my walk around the meadow today. I felt a lot better walking through the streets where other humans were. I'm pretty sure it's because I've had more than my fair share of alone time this week. 

I'll have company for the next couple of days so should hopefully feel a bit better 👍👫

I'm not obsessed with it but I really do like having a watch that works well with the exercises I do and counts my steps and watches my heart rate. I actually take it off most nights so I don't get the sleep stats and don't really care. This one is also supported by MyFitnessPal so workouts and steps get uploaded.

I have to say after using Fitbit and Garmin and Polar I am now a big fan of Polar. Their watch is pretty accurate for heart rate and has some features that fit well with our workout programs. Garmin was nice but the ones we had didn't do well at all with HiiT cardio. Fitbit did pretty decent. The Polar manages the heart rate numbers for all workouts we do and in general. It also has the option to sync with a chest strap for more accuracy. I used to use a Polar fitness watch that worked with a chest strap. No data upload to smartphone or anything. Just good for tracking each workout accurately. You would write down your numbers and track them over time yourself. We've tried 3 different Fitbits, 2 types of Garmins, and never got consistent data from them. Their units require to buy the real expensive ones to get accuracy. Thankfully Polar has accuracy even in the lower end models. Their phone and web apps are nice and took no time to get used to.

I growl at humans.  I envy the cows because they get to make a sound that sounds like a monster sound all the time.  I have to put serious thought into any type of fitness device I wear.  I can only use something that tells me real time results and keeps no record of it at all.  Number of steps and when I turn it off it's gone forever.  I can't have a record of my health anywhere because I don't trust what people will do with the results.

5 miles on the treadmill today.  I'm pretty much keeping myself at the 10-15 pound overweight range until January 2nd because I'm not going to be the one angry asshole that doesn't enjoy the holidays not this year.  Then I'm going to switch to the exercise bike and get in the best shape of my life.  Then I can finally fit into the catwoman suit I bought.  Thanks for reminding me with the smiley.😘

Yeah it feels like we're on The Lord of the Rings where the sky is dark all day and someone is supposed to be happy somehow through this!  There is usually a pretty sky first thing in the morning with the sunrise and as soon as it's gone outside looks like it's about a half hour from the sun going down the rest of the day.  Get me out of here.  Anyway there will be a couple of walking days Thursday and Friday coming up.

Planning on a full sesh of yoga today and cleaning the bathroom. I should feel much better after that 👍 I've got my lingering low energy plague still but I'm just about managing to stay motivated. The yoga should give me a nice l'il energy boost, it's great for that ⚡⚡⚡

44 minutes ago, Nightjar said:

What!!??? You got a yoga mat!!!! 

Woop!! 🥳

Yeah looking back through this thread I got the mat 12 days ago and still haven't taken off the plastic.🤭I did unwrap it finally.  You know you probably learned how to do this in a class of some type.  There's no chance of me doing any type of class probably ever again.  I have no idea what you even mean by a full session.  I wouldn't have any clue how to even begin with this.

Edited by sober4life

1 hour ago, sober4life said:

Yeah looking back through this thread I got the mat 12 days ago and still haven't taken off the plastic.🤭I did unwrap it finally.  You know you probably learned how to do this in a class of some type.  There's no chance of me doing any type of class probably ever again.  I have no idea what you even mean by a full session.  I wouldn't have any clue how to even begin with this.

Ah, well best thing to do would be to follow a short session on you tube? Just type in yoga for beginners? 

I did some from a book once, but it was very awkward 😬

Let me know how you get on 😁 I'm starting my sesh soon 👍

My motivation is knowing that without it my energy levels are flatlining 😬 I got the yoga done. I didn't feel like starting. At all. And I'm out of energy now that the sun has buggered off to Australia again 🇦🇺☀️🙄

But I know that I'll have a bigger store of energy tomorrow and that I helped my body and mind today. 

Did I get the bathroom cleaned? No.. But I tidied up and cleaned the kitchen. That will have to do for today. 🐌🐌🐌

Edited by Nightjar

1 hour ago, Nightjar said:

Did I get the bathroom cleaned? No.. But I tidied up and cleaned the kitchen. That will have to do for today. 🐌🐌🐌

Honestly the only time I clean is when it's trash day and the trash bag isn't quite full enough to put out so I figure the swiffer sheets or the paper towls will help fill the bag.😘😂

A yoga mat for @sober4life and you took the wrapping off. That's a start. As @Nightjar said, go look on youtube for beginner sessions. They'll take you through the basic moves and their names. It'll help you out even with a few basic moves since they tend to stretch a lot of your body. Do it until you feel resistance but not big pain. A little pain isn't so bad. I notice when I'm really tight I feel some pain as I start into the stretch then it gets better as I go. And breath when you do it. Our buddy Miss LionMom can answer lots of questions on it to help. 😀